Thread: MMS to USA

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score

MMS to USA

Out of curiosity, because Rogers' website is not clear at all, if one is on a Share Everything plan with the $5 value pack.. I know it includes text messages to international numbers, but does it also include MMS as well? In the fine print it only says "Includes text messages sent from Canada to the U.S. or internationally. Sent text/picture/video messages while roaming are not included and are charged at applicable roaming rates".

It's Rogers, so I'm assuming they only allow regular texts through, but hey you never know.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Of course they'll let MMS through. They'll just charge you for the pleasure.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Feedback Score
    Is that confirmed? The way I understood roam like home was supposed to include everything that you'd have locally on your account in the United States included at 5 dollars a day. So if you have data. Your data is included. If you have unlimited minutes your minutes would be included. If you have mms your mms would be included. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I should clarify that I'm wondering about MMS while in Canada to the US.

As fruvous said, I know they'll let them go through, but how much will it cost? I can't find anywhere on rogers.com that says how much it is.

Maybe I'll just send one and wait for my bill to find out how much it is.

Feedback Score
    I'd say that it is included in the value pack. I mean... why in hell would it not be included right?

However, I have looked into their small prints and it does say text message (but nothing else).

The plan itself includes SMS/MMS to a Canadian number... and I'd say that the value pack simply makes you able to send SMS/MMS for numbers registered outside of the border.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    One would assume. But as you said, it only states "text message". In any case, I've fired one off. Worst case it'll be what, 75 cents? I'll take one for the team!

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Just checked my unbilled usage and sadly Rogers does not include picture messages to international numbers. Not surprised, just a little disappointed.

Feedback Score
    Pretty surprised.

And I don't see any add-on that would include picture messages to international numbers on rogers.com

Device(s)
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 on Bell
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xero9 View Post
    Just checked my unbilled usage and sadly Rogers does not include picture messages to international numbers. Not surprised, just a little disappointed.
    Then may I suggest you both download WhatsApp and start to screw the phone companies?