Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Could Sprint go Bankrupt????

Feedback Score
    Amazing when Skype is held up as the paragon of voice quality.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Amazing when Skype is held up as the paragon of voice quality.
    When I used them back in the late 90s, their CDMA voice quality was excellent. Almost HD like. Not sure now. Haven't used them in years.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5, iPhone SE, lG 290c, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    When I used them back in the late 90s, their CDMA voice quality was excellent. Almost HD like. Not sure now. Haven't used them in years.
    Sprint voice is good still but at times I still get a lot of echo even on HD voice. It has been for years I've gotten it with several different phones!

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Lack of Focus, not fixing the network, spending on enhanced retail...

Earlier on I've said (different thread) that Sprint needs to keep laser-like focus on network improvements. Minimally deploying some form of LTE on the entire network.

Instead they bought RadioShack (when they already have retail that isn't occupied). In my local market the RadioShacks were significantly re-branded for Sprint. The new stores look like Apple stores (white counter-tops, with lighting etc-- very few actual products-- the less is more methodology). So I visited the Radioshack closest to me recently, and I was literally the only customer in the store. 3 employees that looked really bored hanging out.

So when folks say Radioshack didn't cost Sprint much, I beg to differ. Vastly expanding retail when you don't have demand for your product is crazy. No one in my market is waiting in line at a Sprint store for service.

So -- improve network, improve network, improve network. Once there is an actual demand for products, then *consider* retail.

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbrich View Post
    Earlier on I've said (different thread) that Sprint needs to keep laser-like focus on network improvements. .....
    So -- improve network, improve network, improve network. Once there is an actual demand for products, then *consider* retail.
    Look at what T-Mobile has done and which seems to be working. Big emphasis on network improvement, lots of innovative benefits for the customers (free in-flight texting, free international data, free roaming in Canada & Mexico, etc). They are expanding their network footprint but really not adding many more retail outlets. They want to do everything over the phone or web. Like Amazon.com this is the way of business in the future. It makes Sprint's decision wrt Radio Shack a bit hard to fathom.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    Plus Sprint recently added its delivery to the home service, which makes retail even less viable.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ive had sprint back in 2005 when they bought a awesome company Nextel, in which they kill the network and name and still has been going down hill sooo damn fast, they was paying me to stay with them with "bill credits" i called each month due to the bad network...first i was going see wimax then after 5 years sprint has LTE but its CRAP...i can really see someone buying them out but that might not be fora few short yers

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed all the Sprint phones for sale on Craigslist? They're a dime a dozen and hard to sell. Add this observation to their terrible cash burn and yes, I could see it happening. An improved network will not bring back people who have left with such a sour taste nor can Sprint lure them back without the type of price incentives which WOULD bankrupt them eventually.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well yes sprint network was horrible but is getting better. Sprint has big advantage 2.5 ghz this lets them have 20 x 20 x3 180 mbs download speeds. Sprint has bad reputation for unlocking phones so phones are cheap. I left sprint for verizon and now I have sprint as a backup phone cant go wrong with $45 a month for unlimited everything. So brand new lg flex 2 is only $250 on ebay or $199 used one. I think that many people would switch to sprint if they had added 2.5 ghz equipment on all towers and have unlimited for 55.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

That

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Look at what T-Mobile has done and which seems to be working. Big emphasis on network improvement, lots of innovative benefits for the customers (free in-flight texting, free international data, free roaming in Canada & Mexico, etc). They are expanding their network footprint but really not adding many more retail outlets. They want to do everything over the phone or web. Like Amazon.com this is the way of business in the future. It makes Sprint's decision wrt Radio Shack a bit hard to fathom.
    Yes, couldn't agree more. You raise very good points. The societal shift is not toward brick and mortar retail operations. All one need do is visit any mall in this country to know that (perhaps sadly) retail is dying.

Also, if the product is good enough and packaged properly, one need not have retail at all. Project Fi (google) doesn't have any stores. Of course, they may or may not succeed for other reasons.

-Dan

Feedback Score
    I think he is! Like you said, it doesn’t feel that sprint is doing well financially. If it continues to go in the same way, then there will be no wonder that sprint is going to be bankrupt pretty soon. I’ve been in such a situation, not a big as a sprint, but somehow get out of it with the help of Kevin Thatcher & Associates who provides bankruptcy services in Toronto.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I visited the Radioshack closest to me recently, and I was literally the only customer in the store. 3 employees that looked really bored hanging out.

So when folks say Radioshack didn't cost Sprint much, I beg to differ. Vastly expanding retail when you don't have demand for your product is crazy. No one in my market is waiting in line at a Sprint store for service.
    I have been saying this... I don't get it either. What's he thinking? Has he been told people want to get Sprint but the lines are too long?!

Feedback Score
    I don't see Sprint going bankrupt. Before that happens, Son will pillage the parts of Sprint that Softbank can profit from (e,g, the newly created leasing vehicle, MLS). Ah, the irony in that acronym.

Feedback Score
    We are closer then we realize. Usually when a company blows up, it happens FASTER then you expect. Enron, Global Crossing (um, Legere)

They decided to reclassify Prepaid Customers who signed up for a grace day program because they pay late as Sprint Postpaid Customers. This is a HUGE red flag.

Q3/2015 Sprint Earnings Release:

During the quarter 199,000 prepaid customers with consistent payment history migrated to Sprint's postpaid service, with 175,000 of these migrations now included as postpaid customers under the respective Boost and Virgin brands. Excluding total migrations from prepaid, postpaid net additions would have been 354,000.

They inflated Postpaid by 175,000. These customers are on Boost or Virgin.

How did they do it? If you have a grace period, you might pay after your prepaid account is due, so therefore your postpaid. It's still not a Sprint account though.

Boost Premier TOS:

By accepting these terms, you are affirmatively agreeing to receive an additional 14 days each month to pay for your Boost service beyond your payment due date. During this time, you can still use the services included in your monthly service and add-on plans. You must add funds for other real-time purchases (e.g., downloads, games, international calls, etc.). You understand and agree that you will be a postpaid Boost customer and can convert back to Boost prepaid at any time. You are still subject to the standard Boost payment terms, and your service will be interrupted if we do not receive payment on or after the payment due date. In addition, service interruptions due to missed payments may result in termination of your enrollment in the program. Boost reserves the right to collect all amounts owed, including any associated costs incurred, to collect any unpaid balance. The terms and conditions of your Boost Service Agreement still apply. By clicking below, you understand and agree that these terms supplement your current Boost Mobile Service Agreement.

This tells me that growth is IMPOSSIBLE. They accepted losing and it's time for a new coach. When your compeditor gives up, your gonna kill it. Buy your TMUS stock now.

If you ask these customers what service they have, they will say Boost. But according to Sprint they are not Boost at all. They are Sprint Postpaid. If you mislead once, you will mislead more.
    Last edited by MoreSpeed; 01-03-2016 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Ease of reading, correction

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
    We are closer then we realize. Usually when a company blows up, it happens FASTER then you expect. Enron, Global Crossing (um, Legere)

They decided to reclassify Prepaid Customers who signed up for a grace day program because they pay late as Sprint Postpaid Customers. This is a HUGE red flag.

Q3/2015 Sprint Earnings Release:

During the quarter 199,000 prepaid customers with consistent payment history migrated to Sprint's postpaid service, with 175,000 of these migrations now included as postpaid customers under the respective Boost and Virgin brands. Excluding total migrations from prepaid, postpaid net additions would have been 354,000.

They inflated Postpaid by 179,000. These customers are on Boost or Virgin.

How did they do it? If you have a grace period, you might pay after your prepaid account is due, so therefore your postpaid. It's still not a Sprint account though.

Boost Premier TOS:

By accepting these terms, you are affirmatively agreeing to receive an additional 14 days each month to pay for your Boost service beyond your payment due date. During this time, you can still use the services included in your monthly service and add-on plans. You must add funds for other real-time purchases (e.g., downloads, games, international calls, etc.). You understand and agree that you will be a postpaid Boost customer and can convert back to Boost prepaid at any time. You are still subject to the standard Boost payment terms, and your service will be interrupted if we do not receive payment on or after the payment due date. In addition, service interruptions due to missed payments may result in termination of your enrollment in the program. Boost reserves the right to collect all amounts owed, including any associated costs incurred, to collect any unpaid balance. The terms and conditions of your Boost Service Agreement still apply. By clicking below, you understand and agree that these terms supplement your current Boost Mobile Service Agreement.

This tells me that growth is IMPOSSIBLE. They accepted losing and it's time for a new coach. When your compeditor gives up, your gonna kill it. Buy your TMUS stock now.

If you ask these customers what service they have, they will say Boost. But according to Sprint they are not Boost at all. They are Sprint Postpaid. If you mislead once, you will mislead more.
    How is growth impossible...with your own numbers you provided it clearly states even without this they added 354,000 postpaid adds...and boost customers are sprint customers. Just as metro pcs customers are tmobile customers.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast