Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Could Sprint go Bankrupt????

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They acquired 40k net phone subs. Internet of things/M2M at a 50 cent per month cash generation is counted in that Net add number. The trend in the phone sub count is the story that tells us that the revenue number is going to go up or down. Tablets, home phone + hotspots, are just accessories to phone sales. Low Revenue items.

Simply put, Sprint needs Revenue.

Revenue by Quarter:
    Period Ending Sep 30, 2015 ---- Jun 30, 2015---- Mar 31, 2015 ---- Dec 31, 2014
    Total Revenue 7,975,000 ---- 8,027,000---- 8,282,000 ---- 8,973,000

Revenue is down, then down, then down, then down. 50% off promos to lift customer counts will not help. And they don't contribute enough cash. They also give you super price sensitive Groupon style customers that leave at any price increase.
    Last edited by MoreSpeed; 01-03-2016 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Ease of Reading

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSpeed View Post
    They acquired 40k net phone subs. Internet of things/M2M at a 50 cent per month cash generation is counted in that gross add number. The trend in the phone sub count is the story that tells us that the revenue number is going to go up or down. Tablets etc, are accessories to phone sales. Low Revenue items. Simply put, Sprint needs Revenue.

Revenue by Quarter:
    Period EndingSep 30, 2015Jun 30, 2015Mar 31, 2015Dec 31, 2014
    Total Revenue 7,975,000 8,027,000 8,282,000 8,973,000
    Yea but you told everyone to buy tmus stock. They have a revenue problem also. So the reasoning makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If your going to buy a Telcom, TMUS is the one to buy. They also generate a profit, free cash flow and have GROWING revenue. Sprint is running multi billion dollar losses. They need a bankruptcy to restructure and have some money to expand their network.

The Live Time Value of Prepaid customers is low. They cost too much to acquire and they leave fast. They also spend much less. They need POSTPAID Revenue to stay in business. Prepaid can be a revenue generator, but Postpaid is a Profit Generator. Which is why Sprint did convert 20k prepaid to Postpaid and brag about it in the earnings release. The 175k are make believe.

TMUS revenue growth:

Period Ending Dec 31, 2014 Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2012
    Total Revenue 29,564,000 24,420,000 19,719,000
    Cost of Revenue 15,409,000 12,255,000 8,098,000
    Gross Profit 14,155,000 12,165,000 11,621,000

2015 the best year yet we won't know till February.

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If your going to buy a Telcom, TMUS is the one to buy. They also generate a profit, free cash flow and have GROWING revenue. Sprint is running multi billion dollar losses. They need a bankruptcy to restructure and have some money to expand their network.

The Live Time Value of Prepaid customers is low. They cost too much to acquire and they leave fast. They also spend much less. They need POSTPAID Revenue to stay in business. Prepaid can be a revenue generator, but Postpaid is a Profit Generator. Which is why Sprint did convert 20k prepaid to Postpaid and brag about it in the earnings release. The 179k are make believe.

TMUS revenue growth:

Period EndingDec 31, 2014Dec 31, 2013Dec 31, 2012
    Total Revenue 29,564,000 24,420,000 19,719,000
    Cost of Revenue15,409,000 12,255,000 8,098,000
    Gross Profit 14,155,000 12,165,000 11,621,000

2015 the best year yet we won't know till February.
    But again youre shooting yourself in the foot here. Sprint still has more postpaid subs than tmobile even without the 170,000 from boost. Your argument makes no sense. Tmobile has an arpu in the low 40's and added way more prepaid users than sprint did. Att did a similar move with their we added 2.5 million users. Yea they did. 1 million of which were cars. So youre really not uncovering anything new.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    But financially, Sprint is burning money. They already announced the plan to right size the business with massive layoffs to cut total costs by 10 percent. This will impact sales negatively. Tmus makes money and we see all these network upgrades actually happening. Their revenue growth rate exceeds 10 percent. Sprint needs to acquire 800k postpaid customers per quarter right now! 50% off is the last ditch. TMUS covers 304m pops now. Is Sprint still at 280m? This is expected to increase TMUS marketable areas and will force Sprint into more discounting due to weaker coverage. And Again, Billions and Billions of losses.

I want four companies to exist. I don't want one to be eaten up because they don't have the assets to stay in business. T-Mobile knows they have a fire sale from Sprint coming on Sprint's assets (network and spectrum) in a few years. They can get the customers for free.
    Last edited by MoreSpeed; 01-03-2016 at 08:46 PM. Reason: readability

Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    But financially, Sprint is burning money. They already announced the plan to right size the business with massive layoffs to cut total costs by 10 percent. This will impact sales negatively. Tmus makes money and we see all these network upgrades actually happening. Their revenue growth rate exceeds 10 percent. Sprint needs to acquire 800k postpaid customers per quarter right now! 50% off is the last ditch. TMUS covers 304m pops now. Is Sprint still at 280m? This is expected to increase TMUS marketable areas and will force Sprint into more discounting due to weaker coverage. And Again, Billions and Billions of losses.

I want four companies to exist. I don't want one to be eaten up because they don't have the assets to stay in business. T-Mobile knows they have a fire sale from Sprint coming on Sprint's assets (network and spectrum) in a few years. They can get the customers for free.
    Ok youre all over the place here with your arguments. So they need to add postpaid subs even though they already have more postpaid suscribers than tmobile. They need to stop burning money but budget cutting is a bad move and means people will leave because of it?? Well thats not true. Ford and gm had to cut budgets and jobs and came out stronger because of it. They cant make any money in prepaid but tmobile is the largest prepaid carrier in the country. Your arguments have alot of holes in them but hey if you feel like investing in tmobile stock feel free. It opens tomorrow at 39 bucks a share.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

I agree with you, I don't think Sprint as we know it will exist much longer. The argument that "all they have to do is manage their expenses" or "all they have to do is fix their network" ignores their poor sales. If they can't sell it at 50% off what the other networks are charging how can they EVER be successful?

Maybe if they're acquired by a cable company, re-branded, and get a new management team, maybe then we'd have something exciting to talk about?

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    From what it looks like sprints management team seems to just go with the flow. Now I'm not sitting in the boardroom to see what goes on but looking from the outside and the team seems a little sluggish. I hope sprint does well though but not sure if they have the right CEO but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brett91364 View Post
    I agree with you, I don't think Sprint as we know it will exist much longer. The argument that "all they have to do is manage their expenses" or "all they have to do is fix their network" ignores their poor sales. If they can't sell it at 50% off what the other networks are charging how can they EVER be successful?

Maybe if they're acquired by a cable company, re-branded, and get a new management team, maybe then we'd have something exciting to talk about?

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk
    How do you explain your assessment that Sprint has poor sales yet they added customers in 2015?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    From what it looks like sprints management team seems to just go with the flow. Now I'm not sitting in the boardroom to see what goes on but looking from the outside and the team seems a little sluggish. I hope sprint does well though but not sure if they have the right CEO but I could be wrong.
    Many of Claure's statements and actions have made me question if he has the mettle for the position he holds. I find it odd for the CEO of a telecom company to not know what a gigabyte is.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    Many of Claure's statements and actions have made me question if he has the mettle for the position he holds. I find it odd for the CEO of a telecom company to not know what a gigabyte is.
    What are some of the specific statements or actions that he made that you are concerned with?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brett91364 View Post
    I have been saying this... I don't get it either. What's he thinking? Has he been told people want to get Sprint but the lines are too long?!
    Not only this but what do they need all that retail space for - selling accessories? Their phone selection is pitiful.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not only this but what do they need all that retail space for - selling accessories? Their phone selection is pitiful.
    Why does Tesla have car showrooms in malls in states that they can't sell cars?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yup, the phone choices are few. Can't help when you need customers to want to try your network. Maybe they can't afford to offer a wider selection. Just saying.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by YCGrad View Post
    Yup, the phone choices are few. Can't help when you need customers to want to try your network. Maybe they can't afford to offer a wider selection. Just saying.
    If you filter both the Sprint and T-Mobile stores for Android OS in new condition, T-Mobile sells 15 phone choices and Sprint sells 13 phone choices. Explain to us how Sprint has "few choices?"

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast