Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Transition To Rogers Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianXL View Post
    I'm not gonna dig through 10 pages of this but I am hoping someone on Mobilicity in Vancouver can answer this for me. TIA!

When I was with Mobilicity back in 2010, the network was inferior to that of WIND for me. In 2015, I am not sure if I can say the same anymore.

So here's my question, how has the reception been since Rogers tookover? Has the reception in and around Vancouver gone significantly better? if so, if anyone can tell me in specifics, if you've driven by the PNE area, how's the reception in that area been since the upgrade?

This is a general Mobilicity question.

Do Mobilicity customers have access to Rogers vast network as part of their monthly plan now? I'm not referring to roaming nor the current AWS frequency.

TIA again!
    Reception has improved in places where I had limited reception previously. I even get reception underground in the skytrain now although it is only Edge there.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Working perfect for me in different parts of Toronto and Mississauga. I want to see how far I can go on the QEW before it is roaming...before it would cut off at the BRONTE ROAD exit and it was roaming on voice and data after that....

data speeds are still crap though...

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyf View Post
    Yep! Am saying that since in some areas Mobilicity users have transitioned from the AWS towers to Rogers' 3G towers, but still having a 2.0 mbps cap for regular data vs up to 6 mbps for premium data, means that Rogers programmed their 3G towers to also implement those tiered caps for Mobilicity subscribers (and bandwidth caps is something of which their 3G network has never had before).
    They haven't programmed anything. Your traffic roams on Rogers towers and is still handled by the same backend as always.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    They haven't programmed anything. Your traffic roams on Rogers towers and is still handled by the same backend as always.
    So essentially what you are saying is that they will know whether it is a Rogers, Fido, Chatr or Mobi customer and it is not merged all as one being Rogers?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IIxclusive View Post
    So essentially what you are saying is that they will know whether it is a Rogers, Fido, Chatr or Mobi customer and it is not merged all as one being Rogers?
    They always knew that.

Feedback Score
    Can someone post a speedtest? Also if you have premium data it would be nice to know!

Feedback Score
    Im on premium data and while yesterday i was ecstatic with download speeds over 10mbit, today is topping out at 3.25. If this is the new normal, I'll be dropping the premium data add-on. I was getting faster speeds (not by much though) on the old mobilicity.

Feedback Score
    If you don't live in the Mobi coverage areas can you now sign up since they're on Roger's network? I'm in KW.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
    If you don't live in the Mobi coverage areas can you now sign up since they're on Roger's network? I'm in KW.
    As per the website, no, you are still restricted to the mobi zone. I am not sure this is being enforced right now, but I'm sure it will in time. You never know though, the final coverage map may be different from the current one.

Feedback Score
    It's definitely bring enforced. I was just a bit west of Milton on Sunday and made the mistake of opening up Google maps with the satellite view on. Ate through $15 of credits in a matter if minutes (10 mb). I hope that Rogers lowers their roaming rates. It's silly that wind has better roaming rates then mobilicity now that Rogers owns it.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFr View Post
    It's definitely bring enforced. I was just a bit west of Milton on Sunday and made the mistake of opening up Google maps with the satellite view on. Ate through $15 of credits in a matter if minutes (10 mb). I hope that Rogers lowers their roaming rates. It's silly that wind has better roaming rates then mobilicity now that Rogers owns it.
    That's really strange because we have been using Mobilicity in Milton since Monday. There is no money in the wallet, but data is working (phone is not roaming either). Also the wife tried to use it in Burlington today and again data and calling worked just fine.

Edit: The call made in Burlington did infact count as roaming and counted against the 30 minutes included $40 promo plan. Data though doesn't show as being charged.Calls/Data in Milton still not show.
    Last edited by kingkhan; 11-18-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Device(s)
    Honor 7X, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score

Transition To Rogers Network

That's my speedtest in Toronto. The data is definitely capped at 2mbps, Max.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1443940524
    Overall much better coverage in Toronto.Subway, underground, in buildings.
    The data is better, I can use Google Maps, FB, load web pages.
    With Mobi network it was unusable for the last month.
    Tired of huge cell phone bills?I can help!Please,check and like my FB page below
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Mobi is already drinking the Rogers juice.

We are currently in the process of upgrading to our new and improved network – designed to give you bigger, better and faster performance.
    Haha, Zones no bigger, better - OK, I'll give them that, Faster - same caps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    That's really strange because we have been using Mobilicity in Milton since Monday. There is no money in the wallet, but data is working (phone is not roaming either). Also the wife tried to use it in Burlington today and again data and calling worked just fine.

Edit: The call made in Burlington did infact count as roaming and counted against the 30 minutes included $40 promo plan. Data though doesn't show as being charged.Calls/Data in Milton still not show.
    I was there in sunday. Maybe they did something different for the official launch in Monday. It could also be that Milton is now a local calling zone. I was just outside of Milton so maybe not in the zone and was connected to cdn roaming which I'm assuming was Rogers.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    As of this morning, when I switch network selection to "manual", the choices I get are still only:

• Mobilicity
    • CDN Roaming
    • Telus
    • Bell
    • Wind

No Rogers. Unless "CDN Roaming" is actually Rogers - but then would I really be roaming or would it depend on where I actually am?

Anyone have any insights to this?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast