Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Transition To Rogers Network

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFr View Post
    I was there in sunday. Maybe they did something different for the official launch in Monday. It could also be that Milton is now a local calling zone. I was just outside of Milton so maybe not in the zone and was connected to cdn roaming which I'm assuming was Rogers.
    It does seem very odd, because in theory Data shouldn't be working in Burlington because there was no money in the Wallet for it to roam. Going to check in Oakville today, lets see if it counts as roaming or not.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkhan View Post
    It does seem very odd, because in theory Data shouldn't be working in Burlington because there was no money in the Wallet for it to roam. Going to check in Oakville today, lets see if it counts as roaming or not.
    If it works for now I wouldn't count on it working forever. They'll find that loophole and close it.
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Minor Domo View Post
    No Rogers. Unless "CDN Roaming" is actually Rogers - but then would I really be roaming or would it depend on where I actually am?
    CDN Roaming is Rogers ... it's 302-720. As far as I understand, Network names come first from the SIM card. So when Mobilicity manufactured the SIM card, they set 302-720 to be 'CDN Roaming'. Now, after the mobi towers are shut off, there will only be this network.

My question is, is it possible for Rogers to remotely update this so it will again say 'Mobilicity' or will they need to issue a new SIM card?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_torch View Post
    CDN Roaming is Rogers ... it's 302-720. As far as I understand, Network names come first from the SIM card. So when Mobilicity manufactured the SIM card, they set 302-720 to be 'CDN Roaming'. Now, after the mobi towers are shut off, there will only be this network.
    Hm, that's interesting. Thanks for the reply.

So as of right now, should I manually set myself to "CDN Roaming"? Or just leave it on automatic and let my phone select Mobilicity?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldudeorino View Post
    Reception has improved in places where I had limited reception previously. I even get reception underground in the skytrain now although it is only Edge there.
    I saw my phone with the "E" icon at Granville Station Skytrain Platform, but my messages were not going through and I tried calling someone. The call gets dropped instantly... my friend on the other hand asked me why I hung up after calling. So indeed there is some sort of signals underground.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Just an update: Used the phone around Speers RD in Oakville, and worked just fine without switching to Roaming. Unfortunately though in Milton, we hit a spot in a basement on Main Street where the phone did switch to CDN Roaming, and switched right back to Mobilicity (not R) as soon as we went upstairs.

Still deciding whether to keep or cancel the service, hopefully Rogers decides on the coverage maps (including any expansion) and make them public soon.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRFD View Post
    I saw my phone with the "E" icon at Granville Station Skytrain Platform, but my messages were not going through and I tried calling someone. The call gets dropped instantly... my friend on the other hand asked me why I hung up after calling. So indeed there is some sort of signals underground.
    I used my phone at Granville Skytrain yesterday too and got the 'E' icon. I didn't try to make a call, but I was getting data. I do have a Canadian Roaming add-on.

Device(s)
    Honor 7X, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score

Transition To Rogers Network

Nice weather today in East of Toronto. The signal is coming from USA. The first scan didn't show Mobi network, just CDN roaming. Second try got me both Mobi and Cdn Roaming.
    Overall I'm happy with Robbers improved coverage,no more dead spots. 2G helps a lot: )the data is OK for basic needs like email, Viber, load web pages. Weird that there is no WIND network anymore when doing manual scanName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1448154119.473479.jpg
Views: 1385
Size:  20.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1448154132.772349.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  21.9 KB
    Tired of huge cell phone bills?I can help!Please,check and like my FB page below
    https://www.facebook.com/CellPhoneSaver

Feedback Score
    Has anyone else been told this? I find it pretty absurd that I can't pay for a premium data add on because I've been with mobilicity for too long. How do we petition this? email care [at] mobilicity [dot] ca -- tweet about it to [at]mobilicity ...

I have no intention of giving up my grandfathered promo plan and find this pretty F'd.

I'll try to keep this updated if and when there's traction

Device(s)
    Oneplus 2, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Wind, Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Is the consensus that there is only roaming charges for talk and text, but data has no zones? Chatr is like this, so if Mobilicity is like that, it would be amazing!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv and Z30
    Feedback Score
    Just for kicks, I switched to manual today to see what networks would come up in the list, and I got:

• CDN Roaming (presumably Rogers)
    • WIND
    • Bell
    • TELUS

Interestingly, when I manually select "CDN Roaming" it changes my selection to Mobilicity for me (even though Mobilcity isn't on the list).

Also, when I go back to automatic, the network I'm on is also Mobilicity.

So it looks the like network transition from Mobi to Rogers is complete.

Device(s)
    Honor 7X, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kool View Post
    Is the consensus that there is only roaming charges for talk and text, but data has no zones? Chatr is like this, so if Mobilicity is like that, it would be amazing!
    I really doubt it

Device(s)
    Honor 7X, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just for kicks, I switched to manual today to see what networks would come up in the list, and I got:

• WIND
    • Bell
    • TELUS

Interestingly, when I manually select "CDN Roaming" it changes my selection to Mobilicity for me (even though Mobilcity isn't on the list).

My list looks the same, but sometimes at night there is no Service. So I think they still working on transition.
    Ps for some reason I don't have WIND in the network list. Wierd

Feedback Score

• WIND
    • Bell
    • TELUS

Quote Originally Posted by beer_wisdom View Post
    My list looks the same, but sometimes at night there is no Service. So I think they still working on transition.
    Ps for some reason I don't have WIND in the network list. Wierd
    beer_wisdom - Mine is the same, WIND is missing from the network list and I often lose service in the evening but also during the day as well. I agree that they're not done yet.

Minor Domo - The network still shows up as "CDN Roaming" and hasn't changed this whole time. I haven't seen "Mobilicity" on the network list since Nov 25, when it disappeared on me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    I'm on Wind in the west end of Edmonton at present, and I have:

Wind
    Wind Away -> which should be Rogers
    Wind Away (3G) -> which should be Bell or Telus
    Wind Away (3G) -> which should be the other of Bell or Telus

No Mobilicity.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast