Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stacked pins and nightly renewals

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Stacked pins and nightly renewals

Page Plus put in a fix last night to fix the "renewal gap" that has been an ongoing problem for the last few years. While fixing this there is still a bug I am sure some of you will notice. If you have a pin stacked, and it is suppose to renew in the next 3 days, you might not see the pin in your account. It is still going to renew like it should, without the renewal gap (hopefully), but you just will not be able to see the pin until it does. It seems to just be a display issue.

Here is a chat so you can see what is going on: (edited to remove info)

PagePlus: Hi! How may I help you today?
    You: Hello. (***) ***-**** is there a stacked pin on this number?
    Jeco: Thank you for visiting Page Plus Cellular.
    Jeco: Okay.
    Jeco: Please provide me with your dealer code and the store name first.
    You: ********/******
    Jeco: Thank you.
    Jeco: One moment please.
    Jeco: There's no stacked PIN.
    You: Ok one second then.
    You: ************37
    You: Is that pin not used on that phone number?
    Jeco: Let me check.
    Jeco: Yes.
    Jeco: It was put on reserve.
    You: So there is a pin on the account then?
    You: And will renew?
    Jeco: Still the same as stacked.
    Jeco: Exactly.
    You: Why can't we or the customer see this?
    Jeco: Because it was put on "reserve balance" and that is to avoid errors.
    You: So how can customers know the pin is on there account?
    Jeco: The system will automatically send a message that there was a PIN added on the account.
    You: So basically they cannot see it, they just have to trust it is on there?
    You: Hmm. Okay..
    Last edited by Prepay Refill; 10-07-2015 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added more info.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There was an email sent out to dealers yesterday attempting to explain this.

It wasn't very clear.

The "reserved balance" field is already visible through the customer portal.

Should be in the works so it's visible from the MDN status function soon. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it works as described.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Basically what happens is this:

The pin stacks as normal. At midnight, Page Plus runs a batch and if the renewal date is in the next 3 days, and there is a stacked pin, it moves the stacked pin to a "reserve balance". What I was told, and maybe Jslagle could elaborate, is that the reserve balance is a cash balance that cannot be used for overages or roaming. So the renewal process works like this:

1.) Looks for a stacked pin (shouldn't be any)
    2.) Looks for enough in the reserve balance.
    3.) Looks for enough money in the cash balance.

In theory if that is the way it works, it would be grand. But right now, customers and dealers cannot see anything that is in reserve.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up. I don't pretend to know but can TF really be this ignorant?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Ignorant of what? If what you mean is incompetent, absolutely not only is it possible it is the way things are and have been, just part of the price you pay for having cheap service. By the way probably better to refer to the overall group of companies as AM or slim so as not to confuse people about the actual track phone provider.

Feedback Score
    This is all folly & perturbed amusement for me really as I have no dog in the fight.

I'd think most would understand TF more than AM or Slime. As TF is plastered at the bottom of every new P+ print/web ad I've seen.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a number that's expiring tonight. Refill pin stacked a few days ago. Not visible through the dealer portal at this time. According to support, this stacked refill should convert/renew at 12:01, thus eliminating the gap. We'll see if this actually works as described later on tonight.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Speaking of renewals and stacked PINs, do you guys lose service overnight for a few hours? My boyfriend can't call, text, etc. he has a signal but can't call or text. Data doesn't work either. It happens every time his plan renews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Boom!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    do you guys lose service overnight for a few hours?
    The post right above yours talks about this. PagePlus is working on trying to eliminate this gap in coverage. GPz1100 was going see if it worked when his service renewed last night.

Feedback Score
    Yep, the dreaded PP renewal gap. This is what Prepay Refills said the software change is supposed to fix.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    It's almost 11 AM and his phone still doesn't work.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    It's almost 11 AM and his phone still doesn't work.

When was the pin stacked to your account? Was it yesterday or the day before yesterday? I have a theory I am curious about. Also, if you want, PM me your cell phone number and I will get your cell phone turned on for you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepay Refill View Post
    When was the pin stacked to your account? Was it yesterday or the day before yesterday? I have a theory I am curious about. Also, if you want, PM me your cell phone number and I will get your cell phone turned on for you.
    We just called PPC customer service and had it turned on. We added it on Sept 25. We've always added it 1-2 weeks prior to renewal, so we are not sure what happened. Thank you for the offer though!

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaVike View Post
    The post right above yours talks about this. PagePlus is working on trying to eliminate this gap in coverage. GPz1100 was going see if it worked when his service renewed last night.
    The dealer portal was offline from about 11pm to 12:45am Central time. When I checked the number at 12:48am, it appeared to have renewed correctly. Can't say with 100% certainty there was service at 12:01am since I don't have physical access to the device associated with that phone number.

We need more people to chime in confirming it's working as advertised or not.

Feedback Score
    It's not unheard of this year that stacked PINs fail to get applied at renewal. Prepay Refills suggested to me to just add cash cards to the account instead. After two straight months this spring having to chat with PP to load the stacked PIN on renewal morning, I've since just been adding cash PINs and have had no problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast