Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Self-censored crappy news coverage

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score

Public servant or Public fleecer

Hillary Clinton will not regulate the Financial Industry properly and honestly as the American People need. Last night, Reporter Rachel Maddow of MSNBC pointed out that Ms. Clinton after leaving her U.S. Senate seat from New York (or perhaps it was after stepping down as Secretary of State) was paid $600,000 (that's 600-hundred thousand dollars) by one big bank (either it was Merril Lynch or Goldman Sachs) for giving 3 speeches. 3 speeches! That amounts to 200-hundred thousand dollars per speech. Wow, she must have imparted some incredible wisdom to those in the audience those 3 nights. LOL. Revolting. She didn't make 600-hundred thousand dollars for what she said; she made that ill-gotten gain for what she did while Senator, or as Secretary of State, in support of the big banks.

Despite her tough campaign rhetoric pillorying banks, Ms. Clinton has been bought by the big banks. The Clintons and the Gingrich's are completely corrupt politicians. If you're a good liberal, please consider voting for Doctor Jill Stein of the Green Party if you want honest people in office. Or if you're a good conservative, please consider voting for the Libertarian Party candidate when the Libertarians finish selecting one in their primaries.

If you insist on remaining with the Democrats, please consider Senator Bernie Sanders. Clinton's competition Senator Bernie Sanders has said he will break up the big banks if elected. Sanders has stated the big banks act fraudulently all the time. He's stated their business model is based on fraud. It's time to break up the big banks before they break America any more.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 11-17-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score

The Truth about 9/11

Last night I saw this short, 12-minute, incredible YouTube video called "911 Coverup: Bombshell Interview of Richard Clarke..." that will scare the socks off you.

Richard Clarke, whom you see on CNN, NBC News, and on TV all the time, is a serious person. Clarke was Chief Counter-Terror Advisor for the White House from 1998 to 2002 (so Clarke served under both Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, before Clarke resigned early on from the Bush administrtion after Clarke refused to follow Bush's request to blame the 9/11 Twin Towers attack on Iraq. Clarke, himself, says that's why he resigned--I guess he wouldn't be Bush's liar like Colin Powell, but even General Powell as Secretary of State had enough lying I guess and resigned eventually a few years later. (Remember Powell trotted out the phony "weapons of mass destruction" evidence at the United Nations in the prelude to war.)

In the 12-minute interview, Clarke said that at least 50 people in the C.I.A., including Director George Tenet, Cofer Black, and CIA Station Chief Richard Blee, knew that two of the eventual 9/11 hijackers were already in the country 16 months before 9/11 happened, BUT THESE TOP ECHELON CIA LEADERS DID NOT INFORM THE F.B.I., THE WHITE HOUSE, or RICHARD CLARKE. In fact, Clarke's daily list of CIA reports that he would read at the Bush White House every morning explicitly had that CIA report deleted from his list, and only top CIA officials can make those deletions from particular individuals' lists.

Clarke says the F.B.I. was not informed because the C.I.A. knew that the FBI would immediately arrest those two bad guys. Clarke doesn't know why CIA didn't want the bad guys arrested, but Clarke charitably suggests that maybe CIA wanted to turn them into double agents working for the CIA instead of Al Qaeda. Or is it possible some people in the murky corners of our government wanted a terrorist attack to happen so we would invade oil-rich Iraq?

The two bad guys, who were known to be involved in previous terrorist activities inside the country of Malaysia, met with a Saudi Intelligence officer while in California from whom they received money, a place to stay in Los Angeles, and other support. Saudi Intelligence is known to closely coordinate with the CIA. These two bad guys eventually made their way to Boston and hijacked one of the planes.

This 12-minute interview with Bill Clinton's Chief Counter-Terror Advisor Richard Clarke is eye-opening, and a must-see for anyone who wants to better understand the tragedy of 9/11.

I watched it on a TV through my Roku, but here's a web link to the YouTube video if you don't have Roku:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzP9YJpBubk
    Last edited by roncomatic; 11-21-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The CIA has always had a head of its own. It's the least democratic institution in our government. Long after the Bay of Pigs fiasco, the CIA was still operating training camps in the American South for Cuban-Americans to learn military tactics to invade Cuba. President Kennedy wanted those training camps shut down after the Bay of Pigs disaster, but the CIA would not shut down the camps. Kennedy eventually had to send in Federal Agents to raid the camps to shut them down. I don't recall if the Federal Agents were F.B.I. agents, U.S. Marshalls, or another federal service. There was no love lost between the CIA and John Kennedy.

The CIA and Big Oil were especially peeved when Kennedy's Secretary of Defense announced from the steps of the White House that the United States would start bringing home military advisers from Vietnam (the advisers program began under President Eisenhower). It wasn't long afterwards that Kennedy was assassinated. There were only 16,000 U.S. military advisers in Vietnam during Kennedy's administration, but those 16,000 advisers were peanuts compared to the half-a-million regular combat troops that Lyndon Johnson sent into Vietnam. I think somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million combat troops fought in Vietnam from '65 to '72.

Lots more in Jim Garrison's book "A Heritage of Stone." The short, 12-minute YouTube video in my previous post is revelatory. Richard Clarke is a 9/11 whistle blower and an American hero.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 11-21-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Let there be Peace on Earth and let it begin with the Defense Contractors

We can't have peace on Earth because it's bad for profits. Our nation may have lost the Iraq War but the defense contractors made out like bandits by feeding at the public trough, racking up huge profits by supplying and resupplying all the armaments, munitions, and countless other kinds of military equipment that gets used up on a daily basis during war. Whether America wins or loses a war is somewhat irrelevant, because Haliburton automatically wins through soaring profits, and the longer the war, the better for the defense contractors' profits. We lost the Vietnam War too, but Brown And Root won big (Diick Cheney's company Halliburton's subsidiary KBR was known as Brown and Root during the 1960s Vietnam War).

The oil companies make out like bandits too through spiking oil prices during war time. Gasoline here is now back down to $1.60 to $1.80 per gallon, a far cry from the $4.00 per gallon during George Bush's Iraq War. Defense contractors and oil companies salivate for war. The price for a barrel of oil has dropped even more precipitously from $150 to $35, a quarter of what it used to be during the Bush regime.

So don't vote for Republican and Democratic candidates who are sponsored by defense contractors and oil companies. During the Iraq War, I didn't buy Exxon Mobil gasoline. Instead I bought Dutch-based Shell gasoline (headquartered in the Netherlands). We have to make war costly for the oil companies so they'll pull their politicians' puppet strings to avoid war, instead of starting wars. If the oil companies thought a war would mean a decline in profits, you can bet they'd do everything in their power to prevent war, not start wars, and the oil companies have immense political clout. They own so many politicians.

I still don't buy Exxon gasoline. I instead buy Shell and Quik Trip gasoline. Another reason I don't buy Exxon gas is it's not Top Tier gasoline like Shell's and QuikTrip's is. Top Tier is a standard of gasoline that has more detergents in the gas to keep your engine cleaner. More info at www.TopTierGas.com .

Quote from TopTierGas.com :

"TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is the premier standard for gasoline performance. Seven of the world's top automakers, BMW, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz and Audi recognize that the current EPA minimum detergent requirements do not go far enough to ensure optimal engine performance."

Also see this page for the names of the gasoline companies that sell Top Tier Gasoline, which is the best gasoline that keeps your engine cleaner:

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers/

Well, how about that. Exxon is now on the list as a Top Tier provider (this is a new development that must have occurred within the last year or so, because for the past 2 decades Exxon had not been on the Top Tier list. But I still won't buy ExxonMobil gas because I was opposed to the Iraq War. And we now know there were no "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq. Just another lie benefitting oil companies and defense contractor profits.

Support our troops by buying Shell gasoline, not Exxon Mobil gasoline, or ConocoPhillips, or Chevron.
    Support our troops. Buy Shell.

As the saying goes, what is good for General Motors is good for America, but what is good for Exxon and Halliburton may not be good for America.

And vote for the Green Party's presidential candidate Doctor Jill Stein if you're liberal, or the Libertarian Party's candidate if you're conservative (the Libertarians are still holding their primaries), but please, please don't vote for the Democrats or Republicans who start all the wars. Hillary Clinton voted for the Iraq War. Lyndon Johnson was the Democratic President who started the Vietnam War in 1965. Democrat or Republican makes no difference if their strings are pulled by oil companies and defense contractors.

Read Jonathan Kwitny's book "Endless Enemies," about how companies create endless enemies around the world to bolster profits. Kwitny was a writer for the Wall Street Journal. I read his book years ago while in school. It's eye-opening. (There are two different books on Amazon named "Endless Enemies" and written by 2 different authors, so be please be careful to choose Kwitny's book, not the other author's about a slightly different topic.)

================================================== =================
    00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000

Update:

Another fascinating resource is the Deep Politics Forum. Here's an interesting thread from there:

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums...S-from-Vietnam

Just learned of democraticUnderground.com too.

=====================================

Update 2:

What's good for GM is good for America. What's good for Intel is good for America. What's good for Perot Information Systems (as in H. Ross Perot) is good for America, but what's good for ExxonMobil and Halliburton (or the Big Banks for that matter) may not always be good for America. Vote Green or Libertarian. Don't vote for Exxon and Halliburton's political parties (which are the same two parties also owned by the Big Banks.)

Exxon and Halliburton need to be satisfied with the profits derived during peace time, not the overwhelming, gargantuan profits they make during war time, which causes them to start wars through their proxies: the Democratic and Republican Party politicians. There were no "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq. It was just a lie to start a war, so that the Oil Companies and Defense Contractors associated with Diick Cheney and George Bush could make huge profits.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 12-11-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

A pillar of business ethics

The Houston-based Brown & Root company is a pillar of business ethics. Now known as KBR (for Kellogg, Brown, & Root), here's a passage from Wikipedia about this Halliburton subsidiary that was spun off recently:

"In June 2008, Charles M. Smith, the senior civilian Defense Department official overseeing the government's multibillion-dollar contract with KBR during the early stages of the war in Iraq said he was forced out of his job in 2004 for refusing to approve $1 billion in questionable charges by KBR. Smith refused to approve the payments because Army auditors determined that KBR lacked credible records to support more than $1 billion in spending. Smith stated, "They had a gigantic amount of costs they couldn’t justify." He said that following this action he was suddenly dismissed and according to one New York Times source "his successors — after taking the unusual step of hiring an outside contractor to consider KBR's claims — approved most of the payments he had tried to block."[31]

In May 2010, it was reported that KBR was selected for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011 for military support services in Iraq.[32]"

Shell companies in Cayman Islands

"In March 2008, the Boston Globe reported that KBR had avoided paying hundreds of millions of dollars in federal Medicare and Social Security taxes by hiring workers through shell companies based in the tax haven of the Cayman Islands. More than 21,000 people working for KBR in Iraq – including about 10,500 Americans – are listed as employees of two companies, Service Employees International Inc., and Overseas Administrative Services, which exist on the island only in computer files in an office. KBR admitted that the companies were set up "in order to allow us to reduce certain tax obligations of the company and its employees." But KBR does claim the workers as its own with regards to the legal immunity extended to employers working in Iraq.[33]"

Bribing Nigerian officials

On February 6, 2009, the Justice Department announced KBR had been charged with paying "tens of millions of dollars" in bribes to Nigerian officials in order to win government contracts, in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). A 22-page document filed in a Houston federal court alleged massive bribes in connection with the construction of a natural gas plant on Bonny Island requiring $7.5 billion USD. KBR officials had no comment.[34] KBR pleaded guilty and was ordered to pay $402m USD in criminal fines, nearly all of which was covered by Halliburton. KBR and Halliburton also paid $177m USD in disgorgement of profits to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) due to a civil complaint filed by the SEC relating to the FCPA corruption charges.[35]

Former CEO Albert Jackson Stanley, who ran KBR when it was a subsidiary to Halliburton, was sentenced to 30 months in prison via plea agreement.[36][37]

========
    ========

There's plenty more on the Wiki page:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KBR_%28company%29

So are you telling me these companies would not start a war in order to massively boost profits? Their toadies (former Vice President Diick Cheney who is a former employee of Halliburton, and former President George Bush) surely would. There were NO "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq. It was just a lie to boost profits for certain companies.

Support our troops. Buy Shell gasoline -- not ExxonMobile gasoline, not ConocoPhillips gasoline, not Chevron gasoline. Buy Shell.

That would make a great bumper sticker, wouldn't it?:
    Support our Troops. Buy Shell.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 12-13-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    By the way, President Bush's Vice-President Diick Cheney was actually the Secretary of Defense under President Papa Bush 25 years ago, from 1989 to 1993. Incoming President Bill Clinton fired Cheney as Secretary of Defense. War and high oil prices are very bad for Walmart's bottom line. If you spend lots of your money on high-priced gasoline, you have less to spend at Walmart.

Walmart is headquartered in Arkansas, the same state former President Bill Clinton used to be governor of. I like calling President Clinton the Governor from Walmart. The economy boomed under President Walmart, in part because of low oil prices. High oil prices act as a tax on the economy. As famed investment analyst Jim Rogers has written, whenever we've had a bull market in commodities, such as oil (like during the 1970s), we've had a very bad bear market in stocks and the economy, which means fewer jobs for Americans, so higher unemployment nationwide.

Former President Clinton even released oil from the nation's Strategic Oil Reserve to lower oil prices. I remember gasoline reaching as low as 89 cents per gallon under Clinton, which taking into account inflation, would be roughly $1.70 per gallon today.

You can imagine Walmart and ExxonMobil aren't exactly bosom buddies. Last time I looked at the figures, though, Walmart had larger annual revenues than Exxon. Walmart's revenues when I last looked a few years ago were over 400 billion worldwide, including from Walmart stores in China, Mexico, Britain, etc. What Chinese or British consumer, for example, will want to shop at a Walmart in China or Britain if the USA has a bad reputation because of starting a new war. That sullies our image worldwide. Clinton kept crazy warfare to a minimum. Germans wouldn't shop at Walmarts in Germany either. Well, actually, Walmart left Germany, I guess because German-based Aldi beat them out there (not sure though--need to do some reading in that department as to why there are no more Walmarts in Germany. I'm sure Bush's Iraq War didn't help Walmart in Germany though. Germans, Britians, and Europeans protested in the millions against the Iraq War. Remember, there were massive peaceful protests worldwide on the eve of war, calling upon us not to start that war. Bush and Cheney don't look too smart, do they. "Shock and Awe?" More like "Shame and Embarrassment").

America should be a shining example of peace and prosperity to the world. Instead, we screwed that all up last decade. I think we can learn from the world as much as we can teach.

Incidentally, I updated my previous post by adding more info at the end.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 12-13-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I see the next book high up in my reading list is David Talbot's newly released

"The Devil's Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America's Secret Government,"

availabe on Amazon at
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Devils-Che...81386YWSHQE490

Talbot is "the founder of [the higly regarded] Salon.com web site and author of the New York Times bestseller Brothers."

Here's an excerpt from an Amazon reviewer:
    "Talbot kept firm control of his material and laid it out in inviting prose that prompted me to keep turning the pages. This struck me as a feat not many writers could have pulled off so successfully. The amount of research that went into this book is impressive (an understatement), but it's the delivery of that research that makes The Devil's Chessboard so readable."

========

Judging from this book, the so-called "National Security Council" might better be called the "International Aggression Council." The National Security Council and the C.I.A. both came into existence in 1947 under the newly passed law called the National Security Act.
    Every president has a National Security Adviser whose advice he or she must consider.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 01-06-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Did you hear Bernie Sanders say that the 20 wealthiest individuals in the USA own as much wealth as the bottom 50 percent of the population. 20 persons own as much wealth as half the population. 20 people. That's wack.

Sanders also said that the top one-tenth of one percent own as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent.

Bernie Sanders has been an Independent his entire political career -- never a Democrat -- so I couldn't figure out why the Democratic Party would let him run for the nomination. Then it struck me yesterday that Bernie Sanders may have told the Democrats a year or two ago that he would run for President as the Green Party candidate, and that put the fear of god into the Democrats, so they let him run under the Democratic Party banner, hoping he'd be defeated by another Democratic contender during the primaries. The preceding is pure speculation on my part, but Bernie does have a brother living in the United Kingdom who was a Green Party member elected to a local governmental seat before retiring.

I would guess that had Bernie run as a Green, he might have filed a lawsuit to be included in the televised Presidential debates that will occur later this year when one Democrat and one Republican square off against each other on tv, and he might have won a spot on the televised debate through the Courts since Bernie is an elected Senator. I think I read that's how it works in Canada. If there's at least one Green holding a seat in Parliament, then the Green Party's candidate automatically gets to debate on tv. (I don't recall if that was decided by the Canadian courts or simply agreed upon by Canada's political parties.)

By the way, there still hasn't been a single mention on any of the major news channels about even the existence of the Green Party and Libertarian Party in the USA. The total, one-hundred percent news blackout continues, even though Green and Libertarian candidates will be on your ballot in November, as they have been for a couple decades now. You have to turn to the Free Speech TV channel on Roku, or to the RT-America Channel on Roku, or to the C-SPAN channel to hear anything at all about the Greens and Libertarians. Another case of outrageous censorship by the large media companies, which won't utter even a single word about Greens and Libertarians this political season.

===============================

Oh yeah, the Democracy Now channel on Roku is another very good tv channel, run by long-venerated Pacifica. I loved listening to Pacifica Radio back in the 1980s.

Did I mention I saw Germany's Green Party legislator Petra Kelly speak at MU back in the mid-1980s. Yep, she had a seat in the West German Bundestag way back then.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 02-06-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Democracy is long overdue

Our voting system in America is rigged . We do not have a democracy. After the Iowa Caucuses in which Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton came to a virtual tie, separated by only 0.2 percent of the vote (one-fifth of one percent separation in the vote count), you'd expect Bernie and Hillary to hold an equal number of delegates to the national convention, 20 to 20 (or I think it's actually 21 delegates for Hillary and 20 for Bernie), but that's not the case. Hillary actually has 30 delegates to Sanders' 20 delegates. You know why? Because Iowa has 10 so-called "Super Delegates" that can vote any way they feel like, irrespective of the popular state-wide vote count.

Every state has Super Delegates that can vote however the fluck they feel like, and not pay any attention to the people's vote. . These Super Delegates are usually comprised of governors, each state's Congressional Representatives in the U.S. House, and maybe even mayors--I've forgotten if mayors are Super Delegates too. But anyhow, nationwide, Super Delegates comprise about 50 percent of all the delegates. Yes, 50 percent, and they vote for establishment candidates, in this case Hillary.

Sidenote:
    Personally, I think Bernie won Iowa. The 0.2 percent separation is so smelly. I can accept and believe anywhere from a 1 to 5 percent separation in the vote count, but one-fifth of one percent smells as totally suspicious. Also, did you hear that 7 precincts in Iowa had to be decided by a coin toss, and Hillary won 6 of the 7 coin tosses. The odds of winning 6 coin tosses are one in 64 (or a 1.5 percent chance (one-point-five).

With Super Delegates comprising half of all delegates, we do NOT have democracy in America.

As a sidenote, It's time to abolish the undemocratic Electoral College too, which is the body that chooses the President. That's how Bush became president in 2000 even though Al Gore won more votes nationwide.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 02-07-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Democracy railroaded

Bernie Sanders won the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday by 22 percent, a very large margin. Bernie got 60 percent of the popular vote while Hillary got 38 percent.

60 to 38.

So why were Bernie and Hillary each awarded 15 delegates from New Hampshire to the national convention later this year? Shouldn't Bernie have more delegates from New Hampshire than Hillary? Why does Hillary also have 15 delegates from New Hampshire, same as Bernie?

Well, the rigged reason is that the 60 to 38 percent popular vote alloted 15 delegates to Bernie and 9 delegates to Hillary, but New Hampshire also has 6 Super Delegates who are allowed to ignore the popular vote and side with whomever candidate they choose. Guess what. The 6 Super Delegates sided with Hillary Clinton, so that's how Hillary and Bernie are tied with 15 delegates each from New Hampshire. That's not democracy in action.

There are actually 8 Super Delegates from New Hampshire but 2 haven't decided yet. (I bet the 2 wanted to side with Sanders, but the Party machinery forbade them.)

The people spoke. Sanders soundly trounced Clinton at the polls, yet the establishment candidate comes away with the same number of delegates to the convention.

I think I'm going to start referring to the Super Delegates as the Stupor Delegates because they can't understand how the people voted; they're in such a stupor.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 02-11-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    There's something a bit smelly in the state of Nevada. All news sources I checked last night from the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, the Washington Post, MSNBC, NBC, and CNN say about 80,000 people participated in Nevada's Democratic Party caucuses, yet MSNBC and NBC showed the caucus vote count to be about 10,000 (ten thousand--not 80 thousand). Somehow Nevada's caucus rules distill 80,000 people down to 10,000 actual votes, Bernie getting about 5,400 votes and Hillary 5,900. The Nevada caucus rules sound as arcane as Iowa's caucus rules, where 7 precincts in Iowa were decided by an acutal coin toss. What kind of antedeluvian, arcane rules call for coin tosses in one state and, in another state, distilling 80,000 participants down to 10,000 votes. We need to do away with these ridiculous caucus rules, and go to the primary system's simple one-person-one-vote rules. The Democratic Party isn't as democratic as it pretends--far from it.

Also, I don't believe there was a 5 percent difference between Bernie and Hillary in that group of 80,000 that participated. The 5 percent difference was quoted for the 10,000 distilled votes. In that 10,000, only about 500 more people voted for Hillary. Hilarious. 500 people is nothing. Hillary garnered about 5,900 caucus votes to Bernie's 5,400. Ridic. Nevada has a population of 3 million. Drop the unexplainable caucus system and adopt the primaries. I noticed none of the papers I read or the networks I watched tried to explain or even mention how 80,000 caucus participants got distilled down to 10,000 votes. You'd only notice that if you read and watched carefully. I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie actually won Nevada. Reminds me how Hillary "won" the Iowa caucus by one-fifth of one percent (Yeah right).

In any case, Bernie Sanders did quite well in the antedeluvian Nevada caucuses, coming away with almost half the delegates, even with the arcane, inexplicable rules.

Compare Bernie winning almost half the delegates to the Republican side last night in the South Carolina primaries. There were 50 delegates at stake last night in the South Carolina Republican Primary, and Donald Trump WON ALL 50 DELEGATES. NOT A SINGLE DANG DELEGATE WAS won by Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, John Kasich, or Jeb Bush. Trump got 33 percent of the vote to Rubio's 22 percent, an 11 percent difference, and Trump carried every single Congressional District (all 7 districts), garnering himself every single damn delegate, not sparing even one delegate for all the other Republican candidates combined. That's amazing, maybe unprecedented in South Carolina.

So now look at Bernie Sanders again. Bernie garnered almost half the delegates in Nevada. Just 5 weeks ago, Bernie trailed Hillary in Nevada by 25 percent in a poll. He closed that gap to 5 percent in no time (and really I'm sure the gap is far less than 5 percent if you consider the full 80,000 participants. Bernie may have even won Nevada). Bernie has momentum. Lots of momentum.

Now let's look at the Super Delegates--you know the V.I.P. delegates that get to vote for whomever they want, not paying any attention at all to the people's vote. It's a very undemocratic system devised in 1984 when the Democratic Party feared Jesse Jackson's candidacy was going to catch fire with the people, much like Bernie Sanders' run has caught fire with the people this year. So the Party came up with Super Delegates. (Speaking of catching fire, have you seen "Hunger Games: Catching Fire"? Check out all 4 Hunger Games films if you can. Love those films.)

In the 3 primaries and caucuses so far for the Democrats (Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada), if you count the Super Delegates along with the Regular Delegates, Bernie has 50 total delegates (only one of which is a Super Delegate) while Hillary has 63 total delegates (16 of whicn are Super Delegates). So Bernie is at 50, while Hillary is at 63. That's pretty darn close. Now take out the Super Delegates, and only count the regular delegates, and Bernie has 49 delegates compared to Hillary's 47. Bernie is winning! But you don't hear the establishment media talking about that at all.

Don't forget that in the only primary so far (one-person-one-vote, which was New Hampshire), Bernie beat Hillary by 22 percent. A huge margin, double Trump's 11 percent margin win over Rubio last night.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 02-21-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    "Jeb, you're fired!!"

I haven't heard Trump called "The Donald" once this political season.

I think the only candidate who can beat Trump is Bernie.

The Nevada caucuses tonight:
    For two or three caucuses/primaries now, Rubio and Cruz again finish second and third.
    Rubio again slides just barely ahead of Cruz to take second by an extremely small fraction of one percent--just a hair. I wonder how much money under the table that is costing the money-flush, Establishment-supported candidate Marco Rubio. Or maybe it's just Establishment influence helping him edge out Cruz by a sliver.

========

Update:
    I just saw the near-final caucus numbers with 99 percent of the vote "counted." Yep, they worked hard and "counted" them all night. Not sure why it takes so long to "count" if just "counting" is what's actually being done. Anyway, this time Rubio actually pulled ahead of Cruz by 2 percent, instead of the usual small fraction of one percent. I'm still not convinced Rubio's team didn't buy their second place finish.

Before ending his campaign, Jeb Bush had been edging out his next closest competitor by a fraction of one percent too for a couple races. Now that Jeb quit the campaign, that's 120 million down the drain for the Jeb supporters (Jebbers / Jebheads). Now they'll just back another candidate, likely Rubio. After all, what's 120 million if it's just being siphoned out of corporate coffers.

================================

In the Corporate States of America, Congress represents the biggest, baddest corporations, not the American people.

Like tax-exempt churches/temples/mosques, corporations should stay out of politics. Despite what the Supreme Court says, corporations are not people. Corporations do not have the same rights as individuals, despite what the Supremely Inane Court says.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 02-24-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ....by the way, corporations are good. Big corporations can be good too. Corporate control of Congress is not good however. The Declaration of Independnce reads "We, the people..."--not "We, the corporations."

The big corporations are our new kings, deciding our foreign policy and most of our domestic policies. In a review of David Talbot's new book on infamous CIA Director Allen Dulles and his right-hand man James Angleton, I came across C. Wright Mills' phrase "The Power Elite." They subvert everything democratic. The phrase brought to mind the book "Elite Deviance" which I read years ago at MU. Here's a link to a review of Talbot's "The Devil's Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America's Secret Government":

http://www.ctka.net/2015/TalbotDulles.html

==========

Incidentally a few days ago, CNN quoted Bernie Sanders as saying in 1974 that the CIA is accountable to no one. CNN quoted Sanders saying in 1974 that the CIA is controlled by unaccountable, [far] right-wing lunatics who install fascist dictators around the globe.

Here's the actual quote from brave Senator Sanders:

"The CIA is "a dangerous institution that has got to go," Sanders told an audience in Vermont in October 1974. He described the agency as a tool of American corporate interests that repeatedly toppled democratically elected leaders — including, he said, Mosaddegh. The agency was accountable to no one, he fumed, “except right-wing lunatics who use it to prop up fascist dictatorships.”

http://gawker.com/bernie-sanders-wan...ood-1760567613

======

You've heard the phrase "the CIA is business and business is the CIA." Well, before George Bush Senior became President in 1988, he was Director of the CIA in 1976, but even before that, Bush Senior was head of the Zapata Oil Company which had oil operations in the Caribbean. Newly elected President Jimmy Carter fired Bush as CIA director in 1977.

Many who have carefully studied the evidence believe that some of the principals involved in John Kennedy's assassination were his Vice President Lyndon Johnson (Big Oil supporter), George Bush Senior, Allen Dulles, and a number of others (we'll just call the others "The Power Elite," even more powerful and much wealthier than Lyndon Johnson, George Bush, and Allen Dulles).

John Kennedy was opposed to invading Vietnam way before he became President. As senator in 1953, Kennedy spoke out against entering Vietnam and criticized the French government's extreme colonial rule in Vietnam, saying the Vietnamese people opposed the French because [QUOTE FROM KENNEDY] "the French have maintained too great a degree of control over the lives of the people." Kennedy went on to say [quote]"....the French appear to be fighting for a maintenance of colonial rule." (Remember the French army tried to conquer Vietnam in a 10-year-long war from 1946 to 1955, a decade before the U.S. government tried its own invasion.) I saw Kennedy make these remarks in the new film called "JFK: A President Betrayed," available on HULU, the great American streaming network. AT&T U-verse's new channel called the "Audience Network" also occasionally shows this interesting film, but you can watch it anytime on HULU. The quotations come in the 47th minute of the film. It was a young Senator Kennedy making those statements, much like young Bernie Sanders' statements in 1974 long before Bernie was Senator.

General James Gavin also greatly opposed Lyndon Johnson's invasion of Vietnam. I think Gavin may have been a retired general at that time in 1966 when he appeared before Congress criticizing "the forces" that are trying to entangle us in Vietnam. He testified in front of Congress just months after Johnson sent in the first combat troops. To my delight, C-SPAN aired on tv Gavin's testimony a couple weeks ago. Damn, everybody smoked like a chimney back then.

=====

"Brave Senator" is not an oxymoron, but "brave senators" are extremely few and far between. Extremely few and far between. Another brave leader defending the interests of people was Minnesota Senator Paul Wellstone. May he rest in peace. (There's a whole other story behind Wellstone's fatal, suspicious plane crash in 2002; not to mention John Tower's plane crash in Texas, and the list goes on. The murders didn't just stop in the '60s with John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Teamsters Union leader Jimmy Hoffa in the '70s, etc., etc.) Remember Senator Paul Wellstone? He wanted to impeach George Bush JUNIOR. Wellstone stood steadfast against invading Iraq over nonexistent "weapons of mass destruction," unlike Senator Hillary Clinton and the other spineless, thieving senators.

Long-retired, progressive Colorado Representative Patricia Schroeder could have become President in the 1988 election had the Democratic National Committee supported her run instead of refusing to do so, which gave us a race between CIA leader George Bush Senior and Mike Dukakis. It's like when KGB Chairman Yuri Andropov became leader of the Soviet Union. Not much different at all. Bush, Andropov, same thing. The people lose. The criminal Power Elite win.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 02-28-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Watch this video if you still don't believe wars are started just to increase corporate profits.
    War is a business. That's what the wars in Vietnam and Iraq were all about: raising Halliburton's bottom line. Win or lose the war, the "defense" corporations always come out on top, feasting on taxpayer dollars, as the biggest welfare mavens in the country.

Big "Defense" contractors, Big Oil, and Big Finance (aka the Big Banks) are like sharks in a feeding frenzy gobbling up all our taxes. And they've been playing this game since at least the 1800s.

Taxpayer money gets wasted on pork-barrel "Defense" contractors to the tune of trillions and trillions (not billions) instead of our taxes going to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure (bridges, roads, electrical grid, laying fiber optic cable), improving hospitals, schools, instituting single-payer national health insurance, scientific research into Alzheimer's, etc., etc.

The thieving "Defense" contractors are decreasing the quality of life of everyone in America, except for the upper one-tenth of one percent.

(Single-payer health insurance means everyone in the country is insured in one big pool instead of having smaller pools of private insurers like Humana, Coventry, United Health Care, Anthem, and the dozens of others. Having a single payer system (one big pool) like the rest of the industrialized world has would be much, much less expensive--the vast numbers of healthy people in the pool would offset the costs of the sick at any one time. Smaller pools need to charge everyone in the pool more money to offset sick costs--and of course, this is the way to overcharge for excessive administrative overhead and lard, the reason private insurers exist instead of a national system President Roosevelt wanted to create.)

Anyway, back to why President Cheney and Vice-President Bush should be prosecuted by the U.S. Department Of Justice, this video features former Navy SEAL Jesse Ventura who also was the former Independent governor of Minnesota (Independent, not a thieving Republican or Democrat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oL2j0jEERw

This YouTube video is called "Prosecute Bush & Cheney! The Real Reasons George & Diick Belong Behind Bars | Jesse Ventura - OTG."

Big "Defense" contractors, Big Oil, and Big Finance are like sharks in a feeding frenzy gobbling up all our taxes, and always putting the hurt in our economy. These 3 industries are "The Establishment." They are the establishment's Establishment.

==========================

Forgot to add:

The health insurance companies, just like your cable company, have protected regions ("lines around the states"), so that you or your boss can't choose an insurer from anywhere in the nation, just like you can't choose any cable company. The insurers enjoy protected territories where only a few compete in particular states. We need to open up insurance coverage to nation-wide competition, which will significantly reduce costs, or go to a single-payer system which will reduce costs even more. The A.M.A. (American Medical Association) lobbied against President Roosevelt's single-payer plan in the 1930s or '40s, leaving the USA as the only industrialized nation without single-payer / one large pool.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 03-17-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    There's no way Secretary Clinton is actually winning the majority of primary and caucus voters. Did you hear Former NAACP leader Ben Jealous say today on MSNBC that Clinton had a hard time filling up a 1,500-seat theater in Harlem yesterday while Bernie Sanders drew more than ten times as many people, 18,000 people, at his speech in South Brooklyn.

I don't know why Sanders didn't ask for a recount in Missouri, as the news media suggested he could easily ask for a recount, as Clinton "won" by barely a hair's width. I believe Clinton is buying her wins dishonestly, primary after primary, or the Democratic National Committee is using its influence to rig the count. I wouldn't be surprised that if an honest count were made from state to state, Sanders would be far ahead of Clinton. Politics is so dishonest and dirty. Even wacky far-right commentator Alex Jones says time and again on his show that Clinton is stealing almost every primary that Clinton supposedly "wins."

The majority of the electorate are for Sanders, not Clinton. The Democrats are as corrupt as the Republicans.

If you exclude the Super Delegates, and just look at the regular delegates, Clinton is barely ahead of Sanders 1,259 to 1,020 (just a lead of 239 delegates), and many, many of Clinton's delegates came from states where Clinton barely "beat" Sanders by just a fraction of one percent....Right.... It's all rigged.

The American people want democracy, not a lie. We don't want the Oligarchs ruling anymore; they're driving America to ruin. Look at our 20 trillion dollar debt. The wealthy are not going to be paying that. Your average taxpayers will be paying that. Most of that 20 trillion dollar debt went to the wealthy, especially to corrupt corporations in the Defense Industry, the Banking Industry, and the Oil Industry (the 3 most thieving industries and the 3 that harm our National Security the most).

====================

EDIT:

Just as there are Oligarchs in Russia (you hear U.S. news media talking about the Oligarchs in Russia all the time), there are also Oligarchs in the United States. It's not politically scientific to assume otherwise. Just as there were coups against Gorbachev and Kruschev, there were coups against John Kennedy, and even the dastardly Richard Nixon. Both Eisenhower and FDR warned about the Oligarchs, which FDR called the "corporate royalists" (referring more to the banking oligarchs probably) and Eisenhower called the "Military-Industrial Complex" (referring more to the "defense" industry oligarchs).

Everyone should see the film called "Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup," which I've written about in earlier posts. There are Oligarchs in America just as there are Oligarchs in Russia, and in most countries of the world, sad to say. Democracy is more precious and hard to find on this planet than platinum. Democracy can only be created by people working together peacefully to bring it about, through mass peaceful political demonstrations, just like Senator Bernie Sanders has said. Of course, there's always a chance of getting shot by the National Guard (look at Kent State and Jackson State, or look at the mass peaceful demonstrations in Tienanmen Square when the Chinese army shot at peaceful protesters wanting democracy). In the meantime the short-sighted, money-hungry Oligarchs in the USA and around the world will continue destroying the Earth's atmosphere and ecosystem, at a frighteningly accelerated pace, leaving our children and grandchildren a world we couldn't recognize.

The Oligarchs (the "criminal Power Elite") are killing the planet through global warming, war, pollution, toxins, etc., and they continue killing billions of humans through those same dastardly activities. Earth and humanity need democracy now more than ever. Bernie Sanders can help lead the way out of this colossal, planetary mess the Oligarchs have gotten us into. If we're not careful, we'll create an unstoppable, runaway greenhouse effect like exists on our neighboring planet Venus, which is a super-hot hell-hole where greenhouse gases trap in all the heat. There are some things already irreversible on Earth. Hopefully we haven't reached the point of no return yet on Earth, but it's hard to say. Earth and Venus could look like twins in a few thousand years, a very short time.

Please vote for Bernie Sanders and intelligent, honest Green Party members in general. Green, not greed, is what Earth and humanity need.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-02-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast