Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Self-censored crappy news coverage

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score
    Although Roger Stone is a Republican and a Donald Trump supporter, I do enjoy reading Stone's work. Stone is incredibly smart, just not smart enough to understand how important a Bernie Sanders presidency would be to the United States and to the Earth as a whole.

Roger Stone writes from his site at StoneZone.com :

=====
    "There are currently over 600 reports in at least six counties, including Dallas County and Travis County, of voter fraud in Texas. In virtually every case, votes cast for Donald J. Trump were tallied for Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL). Almost immediately, Trump partisans collected over 300 complaints from Oklahoma. Only a week later, the Kansas and Maine Caucuses brought hundreds of more complaints, including claims of double voting by supporters of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)." [End Quote]
    =====

You don't hear much about vote count fraud through the Big News Media outlets, whose job is to lull us into thinking the vote count is legitimate, and to portray the wild fiction that Hillary Clinton is actually receiving more votes than Bernie Sanders.

=====
    Roger Stone continues, "Trump is not without cards in a so-called brokered convention. In 1952, the Eisenhower forces unseated Taft delegates from Texas in a celebrated credentials fight, handing Eisenhower the nomination. They did so by challenging irregularities in the way the delegates were elected." [End quote]
    =====

There are lots of "irregularities" (a.k.a. cheating) going on in every election.

Although Roger Stone is a Republican, he has no love for the Bush politicians, as expressed in the title of his newly released book, "Jeb! And The Bush Crime Family," available on Amazon, along with his book on the Clintons called "The Clintons' War on Women." Stone heavily criticizes both the Bushes and the Clintons.

http://www.amazon.com/Roger-J.-Stone/e/B00EAH3WUY

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/...ratic-parties/

From Media Matters at
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/04...w-study/209692 :

"Nightly Newscasts Ignore Distressing New Study On Climate Change And Sea Level Rise"

"The study, published on March 31 in the journal Nature, found that global warming could cause the Antarctic ice sheet to collapse, in part through a process previously "underappreciated" in sea level rise models. Combined with ice melting in other areas, the study projects that sea levels could rise about six feet by the end of the century, an estimate roughly double that of the most widely cited worst-case scenario. This amount of sea level rise would put hundreds of millions of people in cities and coastal areas around the world at risk of inundation, including New York City, Boston, Miami, New Orleans, and other major U.S. cities. (As Gizmodo bluntly put it, "Florida is screwed."). The study also projects that seas will rise nearly 50 feet by 2500, which as the Post's Capital Weather Gang noted, would result in even more catastrophic consequences:

"In the study's projection for 2500, almost the entire state of Delaware would disappear. Much of Manhattan and Brooklyn would be reduced to just slivers of their current selves. The southern coast of Florida would end north of Lake Okeechobee. California's Central Valley would flood from Modesto to Colusa, and the state capital of Sacramento would be entirely under water.

"The new study does come with a silver lining, according to the Times: "A far more stringent effort to limit emissions of greenhouse gases would stand a fairly good chance of saving West Antarctica from collapse, scientists found. That aspect of their paper contrasts with other recent studies postulating that a gradual disintegration of West Antarctica may have already become unstoppable."

########
    ########

From http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/04/...ratic-parties/

"How Hillary Clinton Bought the Loyalty of 33 State Democratic Parties"

"Collusion between the Clinton campaign and the DNC allowed Hillary Clinton to buy the loyalty of 33 state Democratic parties last summer. Montana was one of those states. It sold itself for $64,100.

"The Super Delegates now defying democracy with their insistent refusal to change their votes to Sanders in spite of a handful of overwhelming Clinton primary losses in their own states, were arguably part of that deal."
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-03-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score
    Just saw an amazing presentation by Lisa Pease at a conference devoted to the JFK assassination. If you want to know more about CIA Director Allen Dulles' ruthless right-hand man James Angleton, Lisa Pease is an incredible archives researcher who will astound you. She gave her talk at the conference in 2014, and you can see her 45-minute talk on YouTube under the title "James Angleton and Lee Oswald" at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTdKgH1HN5M

Pease mentions, among many other fascinating details, that Angleton and the CIA blackmailed F.B.I. Director J. Edgar Hoover by showing Hoover a photo of Hoover and his gay lover Clyde Tolson having sex. No, it's not this picture of Hoover and Tolson lounging in beach chairs:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:H...%26_Tolson.jpg
    - Chuckle :-)

I know some of you have criticized the FBI in another thread, and it's true the FBI has done some bad things, but the FBI also does many, many good things, like track down killers and rapists. And one day we may need the F.B.I. to protect us from the C.I.A., which is the least democratic institution in our government--and really a fascist institution.

==================
    ==================

Addendum:
    Hard to believe there was a time when people could be blackmailed for their sexual preference / orientation.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-04-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    "Suffragette" is a powerfully moving film. Powerfully moving. It's about true historical events. It's among the very best films of 2015, perhaps the best. As one critic said, it's "an unforgettable movie." Absolutely loved listening to the director & writer's commentary too on DVD (got my copy from the library but it's on Roku and cable pay-per-view too).
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-06-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To the OP's first post. Yes, I agree. Some news outlets even intentionally show more coverage to certain candidates because of two reasons. One: People are interested in that candidate and the crazy things they say therefore more viewers and viewtime therefore more profits (Trump). Two: They have donated to a specific candidate via super pac and/or large contribution in hopes of direct or indirect return. (Clinton).
    I'm glad that news outlets like CNN and MSNBC are starting to give some more camera time to Cruz and Bernie. I really wish they showed more of the green party and such because a lot of people don't even know who those candidates are or even care to look it up! If they actually showed them maybe people would get interested! Sadly, American news media are centered around money and viewership. If anything compromises those two things, they won't show it. If anything will boost their viewership and money, they will do it at all costs, even if that means blocking out potentially important news for more interesting news.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hi Fflip8, thanks for those excellent points you make. I heard on a news show that Jeb Bush's brothers Marvin and Neil are now working for the Ted Cruz campaign as paid consultants or some such position. As Alex Jones has said, Marvin and Neil now "have their hands in the cookie jar." And of course, Jeb Bush endorsed Cruz for President a couple weeks ago.

You probably heard that Jeb and Former President George W. Bush's younger brother Marvin "was a principal in a company called Securacom (now Stratesec), the very company in charge of security at the World Trade Center in 2001" when 9/11 happened....and "from 1999 to January of 2002 Marvin and George W.'s cousin named Wirt Walker III was the company's CEO." [Source: http://www.911hardfacts.com/report_09.htm ]

Look at the video of the collapse of the twin towers and especially of World Trade Center Building 7. To a lot of people, it sure looks like that both Twin Towers and Building 7 came down as a result of controlled demolition, not fire. No fire in history has ever caused a steel-structured building to collapse; fires just aren't hot enough to destroy the steel. And look how the buildings collapsed; just like Las Vegas motels that have been imploded to clear the lot for new construction. Video footage of the collapse of Building 7 is especially telling. Informed experts believe some evil group attached thermite explosives to the steel girders and beams of the Twin Towers and WTC Building 7 while the Bush brothers' company was in charge of "security." Everyone should check out the film "Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup" for more information about this crime. It's available on Amazon Instant Video, but also on YouTube for free.

Jet fuel (which is basically gasoline) could not destroy the steel. The video tape even shows half the plane's jet fuel burning off instantly in the fireball as the plane hit the tower. The 3-second fireball was created by half the jet fuel burning away. Burning furniture would not destroy the steel either. And those buildings fell almost in free-fall, because thermite explosives were placed in strategic parts of the steel inside all 3 buildings. That was controlled demolition: bringing down the buildings with explosives planted on the inside.

I remember seeing early last year on PBS a Frontline documentary implicating Russian President (then Prime Minister) Vladimir Putin in the 1999 explosive collapses of several huge Russian apartment buildings, in order to create support for Putin's invasion of Chechnya which occurred shortly afterwards, also in 1999. The Russian government blamed Chechnyan terrorists, but many, including the producers of PBS's Frontline program, believe Putin was involved--Putin and his FSB (successor to the old KGB). That's called a "false flag" operation. If it can happen in Russia, it can happen here. It's not politically scientific to think that such evil acts perpetrated by governments can happen in Russia, but cannot happen here. They happen all around the globe. More info here at a Wiki page called "Russian apartment bombings":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...tment_bombings

Many believe war hawks inside our own government brought down the Twin Towers and Building 7 to instill fear among our population, pass the UnPatriot Act, and use the destruction of the towers as an excuse to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Building 7 was a very important building too, housing U.S. federal prosecution offices and other governmental offices. Who knows maybe these same shadowy war hawks who perpetrated 9/11 during Bush's first year in office may have also been responsible for the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole near the end of Bill Clinton's administration, and even possibly for the Oklahoma City bombing. I heard Alex Jones say the same thing on his political talk show (not that I'm a supporter of Alex Jones--just the opposite). Makes you wonder if any of these sinister war hawks were under investigation by the federal prosecutors whose offices were in Building 7. Certainly their message was clear though.

On a different, lighter subject, these are some of my favorite T-Shirts this election season:
    "Lose with Cruz 2016"
    and
    "Hillary for Prison 2016"
    Lol.

If folks found Pease's talk on James Angleton fascinating, your mind also will be blown by David Talbot's revelations about CIA Director Allen Dulles here [on YouTube]:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CW7zkWd0R0
    (titled "David Talbot on 'The Devil's Chessboard'") Truly fascinating stuff from Talbot about the CIA, which presidents are not able to control (Talbot provides shocking examples).
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-08-2016 at 08:36 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    "9/11 Trillions: Follow the Money"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3xgjxJwedA

Respected former CIA officer Robert Baer, who you see on CNN all the time and who is a columnist for Time Magazine, makes an appearance in this video in the 29th minute. There's also info here about the Ptech company, and lots of evidence that people with inside information about the September 11th attack used that knowledge to profit from the stock market and financial options markets in the days leading up to 9/11.

Former CIA officer Bob Baer states in this video in the 29th minute that he knows someone who cashed out of the stock market on September 10 because this person was told by a friend who worked at the White House that horrible events were going to take place on the 11th.

Also discussed in this video is the fact that there is about 10 trillion dollars in unaccounted-for-money provided to the Pentagon that no auditors or anybody else knows what happened to. - - 10 trillion. - - That's half our nation's national debt. You also hear George Bush's "Defense" Secretary Donald Rumsfeld talking about the missing trillions in his testimony on Capitol Hill. Don't vote for Establishment candidates who are owned by the "Defense" industry, the banking industry, or owned by Big Oil. Those 3 industries are the Establishment (a.k.a. crooks robbing the nation of trillions but never get prosecuted because they're well-connected politically).

Check out OpenSecrets.org and PolitiFact.com to see who owns your favorite candidate. I learned about these useful sites when I searched Google for "Who owns Ted Cruz" and "Who owns Hillary Clinton." Funny thing is Hillary even mentioned the OpenSecrets.org web site a few months ago.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-08-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I really like and subscribe to the YouTube channel called the Corbett Report, also available at CorbettReport.com . Corbett does a lot of research and reporting on all kinds of government corruption and refers to the Democratic Party and Republican Party as "two wings of the same bird of prey." Lots of excellent reporting on YouTube's CorbettReport on the 9/11 Twin Towers tragedy, illegal CIA activities, election fraud, and so much more.

Remember how Al Gore lost in the Electoral College in 2000 to war monger George W. Bush, even though Gore received more votes nationwide than Bush, well there was a whole lot of election fraud in 2004 too when Bush barely "defeated" Senator John Kerry. I remember reading lots of articles at the time about that. It's very possible George Bush has never won an election legitimately. He's probably stolen every election he's been in, even when running for the Texas Governorship.

In the 9th minute of Corbett's YouTube video called "Crashes of Convenience: Michael Connell," Corbett quotes a CBS News.com article about Bush's 2004 election "victory" in the crucial swing state of Ohio:

"....regarding voter fraud in the 2004 election. Despite Ohio's exit polls showing a lead by Democratic nominee John Kerry of more than 4 percent, Mr. Bush won Ohio's vote by 2.5 percent, along with its crucial electoral votes." [End quote]

The scientifically conducted Exit Polls taken on the day of the election as voters exited the polling stations were accurate; not the fraudulent, "official" election results, certified by Ohio's Republican Secretary of State.

My own state of Missouri a couple days ago finally certified Donald Trump beating Ted Cruz in the Missouri primary by just 0.2 percent (one-fifth of one percent). It took Missouri almost a month after election day to certify that result. That's ridic. It shouldn't take a month after the election to come up with the final result / the winner. Missouri's news media has been mostly silent about the near-month-long delay.
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...e67296872.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...round-tax-day/

Bernie Sanders is the only clean candidate in this election. I remember reading way back in the 1980's or 1990's that a Congressional watchdog group at the time stated there were only 2 Representatives in the whole U.S. Congress who voted their conscience, instead of voting their electoral pocketbook; who were not subject to the legal bribery that influenced the other 533 members of the House and Senate. Those 2 honest Representatives were Bernie Sanders and Patricia Schroeder of Colorado. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Patricia Schroeder could have become President in the 1988 election had the DNC (Democratic National Committee) not refused to support her. The DNC doesn't like Progressives who can't be bought like Bernie, Patricia, and Ralph Nader. The DNC itself is bought and paid for, as is the RNC.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-14-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Unless Bernie Sanders is elected President, there's probably a very good chance that the Middle Class will be paying almost all of that astronomical 20 trillion dollar debt the Oligarchs have accumulated at the country's expense, just like the Middle Class paid for the Savings and Loan bailout in the late 1980s / early 1990s, also in the trillions by today's dollars (taking into account inflation). During Bush Senior's presidency in the early 1990s, I remember reading in the The Nation magazine ( www.TheNation.com ) that the entire tax burden (or almost the entire tax burden) for bailing out the corrupt Savings and Loan "banks" back then was placed onto the Middle Class by the appropriations bill written by the U.S. Congress, which became law. Editors at The Nation magazine excoriated the Congress for placing the S&L tax burden on the Middle Class, but I remember nothing was heard from the "mainstream" media about that. Big Media reported about Charles Keating and others going to prison, but not about who would pay for the bail out. Little attention was paid to that in the late eighties / early nineties.

I guess in today's dollars that S&L bailout amounted to 2 or 3 trillion dollars. I believe Democratic Speaker of the House Tip O'Neil had already retired by the time that S&L legislation made its way through the Congress, but Tip did collaborate with Reagan on other tax matters that screwed the Middle Class. Tip liked talking the talk, but didn't always walk the walk....the Tipper and the Gipper.

Regarding today's tax shenanigans by the wealthy, the upper limit on payroll taxes (a.k.a FICA taxes) needs to go way beyond the first $100,000 earned annually. Right now, any income earned above $100,000 is not subject to payroll / FICA taxes (only the first 100,000 is subject to FICA taxes, which are different than Income taxes). That $100,000 limit was set eons ago, and has hardly budged--it's 118,000 today, so it hasn't kept up with inflation in the least. The wealthy need to start paying their fair share of taxes like the rest of us pay, and Congress needs to adopt Bernie Sander's proposal that FICA taxes must be levied on income to at least the first $300,000 made annually--not artificially cut off after the first 100,000 dollars. (And maybe there should be no cut-off at all).
    Last edited by roncomatic; 04-18-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Remember a couple weeks ago when there were just 2 election contests on that Tuesday: Oregon and Kentucky. IIRC, Bernie Sanders won Oregon by 6 or 7 percent, while Hillary Clinton "won" Kentucky by a very small fraction of 1 percent. A Fraction of One Percent. Seems very odd again. Makes me wonder and guess that maybe it's expensive to buy elections fraudulently (each percentage point must cost a lot), so buyers are happy to fraudulently win by a fraction of a percent, and save their campaign money for the next fraudulent purchase. Lol. Pure speculation on my part though. I obviously have no knowledge or proof that so many of Hillary's fraction-of-a-percent state primary wins are being bought.

But I've got a new name for the former senator and secretary of state: Hillary "Fraction-of-a-Percent" Clinton.

I thnk the only way I'd consider voting for Clinton is if she names Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren as her Vice-Presidential running mate. Otherwise, I'll be voting for the Green Party's candidate: Doctor Jill Stein.

It's very unlikely Clinton will name Warren or Sanders as VP. Hillary is the Financial Industry's (Wall Street's) candidiate, and again, that industry is one of the three worst for our economy and for our national security -- the other 2 powerfully harmful industries being Big Oil and the "Defense" Industry (or as President Eisenhower called them in his Presidential farewell address "the Military-Industrial Complex" -- basically the junta).
    Eisenhower warned us about the junta, which less than 3 years later killed President John Kennedy for trying to reign in the junta and restore a semblance of democracy.

The President does not control the C.I.A. Not even the Director of the C.I.A. controls the C.I.A. Wealthy members of the Military-Industrial Junta control the CIA and our immoral foreign policy which has led to the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the Afghanistan War, countless military incursions in dozens of small countries, and millions of innocent people dying around the world. For example, a minimum of 3 million Vietnamese died in the Vietnam War, and 3 million is a conservative estimate -- some say it's as high as 6 million). I'll guess that at least 2 million or more have died in the 2 Iraq Wars under Pappy Bush and Boy George Bush.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, a joint Harvard University and United Nations scientifically conducted study determined in the 1990s that over a million people died in the elder Bush's war in Iraq.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 06-12-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roncomatic View Post
    Remember a couple weeks ago when there were just 2 election contests on that Tuesday: Oregon and Kentucky. IIRC, Bernie Sanders won Oregon by 6 or 7 percent, while Hillary Clinton "won" Kentucky by a very small fraction of 1 percent. A Fraction of One Percent. Seems very odd again. Makes me wonder and guess that maybe it's expensive to buy elections fraudulently (each percentage point must cost a lot), so buyers are happy to fraudulently win by a fraction of a percent, and save their campaign money for the next fraudulent purchase. Lol. Pure speculation on my part though. I obviously have no knowledge or proof that so many of Hillary's fraction-of-a-percent state primary wins are being bought.

But I've got a new name for the former senator and secretary of state: Hillary "Fraction-of-a-Percent" Clinton.

I thnk the only way I'd consider voting for Clinton is if she names Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren as her Vice-Presidential running mate. Otherwise, I'll be voting for the Green Party's candidate: Doctor Jill Stein.

It's very unlikely Clinton will name Warren or Sanders as VP. Hillary is the Financial Industry's (Wall Street's) candidiate, and again, that industry is one of the three worst for our economy and for our national security -- the other 2 powerfully harmful industries being Big Oil and the "Defense" Industry (or as President Eisenhower called them in his Presidential farewell address "the Military-Industrial Complex" -- basically the junta).
    Eisenhower warned us about the junta, which less than 3 years later killed President John Kennedy for trying to reign in the junta and restore a semblance of democracy.

The President does not control the C.I.A. Not even the Director of the C.I.A. controls the C.I.A. Wealthy members of the Military-Industrial Junta control the CIA and our immoral foreign policy which has led to the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the Afghanistan War, countless military incursions in dozens of small countries, and millions of innocent people dying around the world. For example, a minimum of 3 million Vietnamese died in the Vietnam War, and 3 million is a conservative estimate -- some say it's as high as 6 million). I'll guess that at least 2 million or more have died in the 2 Iraq Wars under Pappy Bush and Boy George Bush.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, a joint Harvard University and United Nations scientifically conducted study determined in the 1990s that over a million people died in the elder Bush's war in Iraq.
    Warren sold out. She's promoting and endorsed Clinton recently, going against everything she has fought against. I think I know what she is doing. Hillary dropped out and endorsed Obama in 2008. Hillary wanted the same to come around to her when the time was right. Obama endorsed Hillary in 2016. Why would he do that? He's more progressive than her and he is less warm to big money in politics. Oh well, but then you see Warren, a strong advocate for progressive values and getting money out of politics and ending legalized corruption, endorsing Clinton staining her own reputation, my only theory is she wants vice president, or to be endorsed at the end of Hillarys unlikely but possible presidency.

Dirty politics as usual, everyone wants their favors. Trump and Bernie seem to be outsiders to the establishment, and I think either are a great choice for people who want change for their own reasons.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fflip8 View Post
    Warren sold out. She's promoting and endorsed Clinton recently, going against everything she has fought against. I think I know what she is doing. Hillary dropped out and endorsed Obama in 2008. Hillary wanted the same to come around to her when the time was right. Obama endorsed Hillary in 2016. Why would he do that? He's more progressive than her and he is less warm to big money in politics. Oh well, but then you see Warren, a strong advocate for progressive values and getting money out of politics and ending legalized corruption, endorsing Clinton staining her own reputation, my only theory is she wants vice president, or to be endorsed at the end of Hillarys unlikely but possible presidency.

Dirty politics as usual, everyone wants their favors. Trump and Bernie seem to be outsiders to the establishment, and I think either are a great choice for people who want change for their own reasons.
    I hope Warren does run next time in 2020 and Bernie again too! If Clinton chooses Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren as her Vice-Presidential candidate, I'll buy you a 5-star dinner :-)

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roncomatic View Post

Regarding today's tax shenanigans by the wealthy, the upper limit on payroll taxes (a.k.a FICA taxes) needs to go way beyond the first $100,000 earned annually. Right now, any income earned above $100,000 is not subject to payroll / FICA taxes (only the first 100,000 is subject to FICA taxes, which are different than Income taxes). That $100,000 limit was set eons ago, and has hardly budged--it's 118,000 today, so it hasn't kept up with inflation in the least. The wealthy need to start paying their fair share of taxes like the rest of us pay, and Congress needs to adopt Bernie Sander's proposal that FICA taxes must be levied on income to at least the first $300,000 made annually--not artificially cut off after the first 100,000 dollars. (And maybe there should be no cut-off at all).
    I believe Marco Rubio also was an advocate for eliminating (or raising) the ceiling on the FICA contribution and claimed that by doing so would fix 75% of Social Securities funding problems.

What neither Sanders or Rubio addressed however is if the companies will have to continue to match the contribution.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    I believe Marco Rubio also was an advocate for eliminating (or raising) the ceiling on the FICA contribution and claimed that by doing so would fix 75% of Social Securities funding problems.

What neither Sanders or Rubio addressed however is if the companies will have to continue to match the contribution.
    The Pentagon and military "defense" contractors/companies have embezzeled 10 trillion dollars of our tax money. I'm not talking about taxes devoted to the defense of our great country. I'm talking about 10 trillion dollars that no federal auditor knows what happend to or where it went.
    10 trillion is half our national debt. The Big Banks are responsible for other trillions of dollars stolen and wasted. Between the thieving military junta and the thieving Big Banks, our great country is now in serious financial straits.

See the video I linked to in the 51st post of this thread, in which I mentioned former "Defense" Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's testimony before Congress. I describe more in that post.

We wouldn't even need to be talking about raising the FICA limit if it weren't for the Establishment thieves in the "Defense" industry and the Financial industry.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 06-21-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

The Real News Network (a Roku channel)

I'm delighted to have found The Real News Network (TRNN) on Roku.
    TRNN provides insightful, progressive analysis of the news that you won't find on CNN, NBC News, BBC World News, OANN, NewsMax, Fox News, The New York Times, The Washington Post, or the other elite-protecting, robber-baron-loving "news" networks that fawn over the Big Banks and the Junta.

The Real News Network is a professionally run network that describes itself on their Roku page like this:

"The Real News Network is a nonprofit, viewer-supported, daily video news and analysis service. TRNN doesn’t sell advertising or accept government or corporate funding. The economic model allows us to act independently and follow facts to rational conclusions."

God, I love their 10-minute-long analysis pieces.

How I never heard of The Real News Network before, I don't know, because these guys/gals are just as good as "The Ring of Fire" show on Free Speech TV (FStv), Democracy Now, and the RT America news network -- all also available on Roku (just visit the free channel store and search for "Real News" to learn what's really happening in the world).

20 trillion in debt isn't just an abstraction, right. It's 20 trillion dollars in future taxes that we have to pay. The Junta has its hands in our wallets and purses.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Late last month in a debate with Bill Clinton's former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Chris Hedges said on Roku's "Democracy Now" channel that Green Party presidential candidate Doctor Jill Stein unselfishly offered Bernie Sanders the top of the Green party ticket (in other words she offered him her position, and she would run as Vice-President). Bernie, however, chose to endorse Democratic Party candidate Hillary Clinton for President instead. Doctor Stein is amazingly unselfish to have done that. Bernie Sanders could now be running for president as the Green Party's candidate, likely appearing in 3-way televised presidential debates because the arbitrary poll threshold for appearing in the presidential debates is 15 percent, and Bernie would poll far higher than 15 %. Green Party candidate Stein is at roughly 5 percent and the Libertarian Party's Gary Johnson is polling at about 10 percent nationwide, so they won't appear in the upcoming tv debates. Stein's offer was Bernie's best chance to become President. Bernie could easily have won those 3-way televised debates against Trump and Clinton. And since the Wiki-leaked DNC emails show the Democratic National Committee improperly and egregiously worked against Sanders' interests in favor of Clinton's, Bernie had every good reason to take up Stein's offer. If you don't have Roku's Democracy Now channel, you can search YouTube for Chris Hedges to see his debate with Robert Reich.

On another subject, you may think that Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein's articles in the 1970s in the Washington Post newspaper that helped lead to Richard Nixon resigning from the Presidency was an exercise in democracy, a triumph of American democracy, but nothing could be further from the truth. The Washington Post is a CIA rag, and like John Kennedy, Nixon wanted to dramatically curtail the CIA's and Military-Industrial Complex's power in our country. Like Trump, Nixon wanted to bring the Junta to heel, to stop their massive thieving of the U.S. Treasury decade after decade, hobbling our economy. So the CIA got rid of Nixon, a little more gently than they got rid of Kennedy. The following YouTube video of respected author Roger Stone discussing his book "Nixon's Secrets" will help you understand the dynamic between the CIA and Nixon. Nixon had his problems, but he was certainly better than being ruled by the CIA/Military-Industrial Complex that President Eisenhower warned us about.

The YouTube video is called "Roger Stone Presentation on 'Nixon's Secrets' at Brave New Books." Stone delivers a fascinating talk. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEF7vpmqZOI

Deborah Davis writes in her book "Katharine Graham and the Washington Post Empire" (get the 2nd edition if you can), that long-time executive editor of the Washington Post Benjamin Bradlee worked for the CIA in Europe in the 1950s. There's precious little difference between the Washington Post and Pravda.

The CIA so hates Trump that CNN reported the other day that a former CIA undercover agent, Evan McMullin, is now running as an independent candidate for President, hoping to diminish Trump's chances in Utah and Arizona. The CIA wants to make sure Trump has no chance of winning the presidency. It kind of looks like McMullin is part of the "CIA Party," now that Trump has wrested control of the Republican Party this year from the CIA war hawks (the shadowy leaders of the CIA, of course, would have preferred Jeb Bush as the Republican candidate). As mentioned before, the Director of the CIA is not the true leader of the CIA, and neither is the President. Presidents must contend with the CIA, not command it. The Junta rules.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 08-13-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast