Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Self-censored crappy news coverage

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score

Self-censored crappy news coverage

Crappy CNN news, crappy Fox news, crappy MSNBC news, etc., etc., haven't devoted any time at all to the Green Party presidential candidate on the left nor the Libertarian Party presidential candidate on the right. For months and months I literally have not seen one single minute of news coverage about the Green Party or the Libertarian party on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and the other big networks. Not a single minute in months. That's amazing. It's an intentional black-out. The American people deserve better from our news networks. Horrible, shameful.

I happened to catch the Canadian national political debates on C-Span and through Roku, and at least 4 parties were represented, not just 2.

The Democratic and Republican parties own CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and the big networks. Really decrepit state of affairs. They are not objective news networks. What difference is there between having a single state Soviet Communist party monopolizing the news and having just 2 parties (Democrats and Republicans) blanketing the news? Precious little difference.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 10-11-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Feedback Score
    Yeah unfortunately it's been this way for years.

We'll get whoever they tell us we're going to get.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Optimus L90

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A big cause (and problem) of that is our electoral system. It's set up to be a two party system, by needing majority votes / electoral votes.

By running as an independent or third party candidate, you pretty much end up helping your biggest opponent. The third party / independent candidate splits the voters most similar to his ideology and helps those most different. For example, how Ross Perot split Republicans and helped Bill Clinton. Or how Ralph Nader split liberals and gave us Bush. Similarly, if Trump ran as an independent, he'd split Republicans and hand victory to the Democratic candidate. Or if Bernie Sanders had remained and ran as an independent, he'd split Democrats and hand victory to Republicans.

My point is, if you want other parties to survive and flourish, you'd need to change the political system, such as getting rid of the Electoral College and implementing a proportional representation system. Considering that would require constitutional changes... forget about it.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carrier(s)
    Ultra/ChitChatMobile/StraightTalk /Harbor/FreedomPop/PagePlus/Lyca/ Uverse 18Mbs data/ Roku/ Moto X
    Feedback Score
    The news blackout / censorship of the Greens and Libertarians is especially outrageous because the two stranglehold parties have just put our country through the worst economic crisis since the Depression and two horrible wars (Hillary voted with Bush), but the so-called news networks still refuse to broadcast alternative, sensible voices from the Greens and the Libertarians.

It's Orwellian.

Contrary to popular belief, it's the Democrats and the Republicans who are the extremist parties. The Vietnam War, the Iraq War, the Savings and Loan meltdown of the '80's, the big bank meltdown of 2008, and countless other debacles and heists--all the doings of Democrats and Republicans, just crooked, robbing extremists who don't believe in the ideals of democracy.

And our country's in debt to the tune of 17 trillion now, and steadily rising to 25, at which point we'll be in serious trouble, thanks to these crooks and military adventurists known as the Democrats and Republicans. They are the extremists, not the centrist voices of reason and moderateness which come from the Greens and Libertarians.

Please vote for the American Green Party or the American Libertarian Party, and take a huge chunk out of the vote totals of both the Demos and Repubs, who've long ago forsaken the American People for the upper one-tenth of 1 percent. The Repubs and Demos have proven they don't care about the Middle Class at all, or for democracy. These two parties are thoroughly corrupt.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 10-11-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just made some major modifications to my second post in this thread shown directly above. I hope Volaris, SnowyWhite, and others displeased with the Democrats and Republicans will re-read it for the new material added.

Feedback Score
    The decline of the press is particularly bad on the local level as many formerly independent newspapers have folded, been purchased by national conglomerates, and/or dismantled their news teams and replaced them with social media and nonsense videos. In my local area the paper is not worth reading and the only way to get any news is to follow the twitter feeds of a dozen local sources. It has gotten so bad they don't even bother to cover local crimes in a timely manner, which used to be the bread and butter of the local news scene. There is no "third estate" keeping watch, meaning that money and behind-the-scenes deals rule, while our votes hardly matter since the local candidates we get are chosen by power brokers and not the people. Where I live it is hard to vote because both parties and candidates are often equally terrible.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ten_Four, have you seen the 2015 film "Nightcrawler?" You'll like it I think. It's an eye-opening film about televised local news. Very entertaining too.

About the Total news blackout of Greens and Libertarians for months and months now, there's no way it's just a coincidence spanning all the big news networks.

Aside from what was mentioned earlier, I guess the other possibility is the Democratic and Republican Parties are leaning on CNN, Fox, and MSNBC to exclude coverage of the Green and Libertarian candidates. I remember there was some coverage in 2000, but absolutely none now in 2015 for many months now.

The Leaners.... If some leaning is going on, that could be unlawful. Of course, when has the law ever stopped the corrupt Democrats and Republicans from doing what they want to do? They've become powerful, arrogant parties. Please don't vote for them. Vote for the Greens and Libertarians, who still respect the American public and the rule of law.

There's no way this total news blackout for many months now of the Green and Libertarian Party candidates is coincidental. All the big networks are participating in the blackout. That's not journalism; that's political targeting. It stinks of illicit, under-the-table understandings reached between the 2 big parties and the large networks. And the losers are the American people.

Thomas Jefferson would be horrified. You remember his quote about newspapers and government:
    "....were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter."

The blackout coverage is a heinous example of the government intervening in the affairs of the newspapers. Very sad and pathetic that the Demos and the Repubs are so scared of the Greens and Libertarians that they've stooped to this low.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 10-12-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

South of the Border

South of the border....

I just read online that publicity from a lawsuit that was brought to the Canadian Supreme Court way back in the 1980s eventually helped to get Canada's alternative political parties like the Greens and NDP to participate in Canada's televised national debates (even though their Supreme Court ruled against the participation). Here south of the Canadian border, we're still living in the Dark Ages, as not only are our alternative candidates not allowed on the televised debates, they're not even getting any news coverage now. Total blackout for at least 6 months and counting.

I bet anything that as the election nears next year, a small amount of coverage of the Greens and Libertarians will begin to trickle through on the the networks, but by then it will be far too little, far too late, as the 2 traditional parties (the Dems and Repubs) will have had many months of a head start. Talk about affirmative action.

Canadian musician Neil Young's famous song called "Southern Man" is not about the U.S. American South; it's about all of the U.S.A. Not sure why Lynyrd Skynyrd took such offense at Young, but oh well, at least it motivated Skynyrd to write their classic "Sweet Home Alabama." Great song even if I disagree with the political themes of the song.

Have you heard about Peter Schweizer's new book Clinton Cash....it shows that the Clintons' extreme bribe-taking makes former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich look like an altar boy. And of course, neither the Clinton's on the left or Gingrich on the right have been prosecuted in a U.S. Court of Law for their love of political bribery. I guess come next year, we'll just have a new Bribe-Taker-In-Chief.

At least the genius of Obama was that, for the first time in history I think, he required former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to sign a document that would require her to disclose all contributions the Clinton Global Initiative (C.G.I.) would receive before Obama would agree to appoint Clinton as Secretary of State. That's where a lot of the material in the book Clinton Cash comes from. Becasue of Clinton's required disclosures, there is a long records trail that Schweizer could follow to track the bribery. And of course, the major news networks are mostly ignoring Schweizer's book in another shameful blackout of news coverage. You can find the book on Amazon and in book stores. About the only coverage of the book I've seen was on C-Span, which interviewed the author for 3 hours. Thanks so much Brian Lamb. Gonna start calling him Saint Brian Lamb.

Have you ever wondered why holders of high office, like even Senators, rush to relinquish their high office when asked to become Secretary of State. I guess it's because that's where all the money is to be made; even more apparently than from their regular elected positions.

Dear Jesus, deliver us from the Demos and the Rebubs before they trigger the next Great Depression or start the next illegal war.

More info at the following link about the long, hard slog it was (and sometimes continues to be) for the Greens, NDP, Strength in Democracy, and other political parties to gain a seat in Canada's televised debates, no thanks to Canada's Supreme Court:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_leaders'_debates
    or if the first link doesn't work in your browser because of the apostrophe, you can try
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadi...ers%27_debates
    Last edited by roncomatic; 10-13-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Lol. Hillary Clinton described herself last night as [quote] "a Progressive Democrat." Ms. Clinton is about as progressive as a hole in your pants that progressively expands. Lol. If you really want to vote for a progressive who wants to improve the economy, citizens' rights, the catastrophe of global warming for future generations, and so much more, please consider Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein. She can't be bought like the Clintons, Newt Gingrich, and 99.5 percent of Senators and Congressional Representatives.

By blacking out any news coverage of Greens and Libertarians, the big news networks are not acting as journalists, but as gatekeepers in support of the Demos and Repubs. Thomas Jefferson would cry at how the major news networks have knelt down in submission to the Demolition party and the ReBUBlican party.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=roncomatic;16103928]Lol. Hillary Clinton described herself last night as
    "a Progressive Democrat." Ms. Clinton is about as progressive as a hole in your pants that progressively expands. Lol.
    Even Nixon and Reagan where way farther left then where the mainstream claims the center lies in our current political climate. If everyone were legally required to vote, to encourage something closer to a true democracy, even Bernie would be on the right.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT
    Even Nixon and Reagan where way farther left then where the mainstream claims the center lies in our current political climate. If everyone were legally required to vote, to encourage something closer to a true democracy, even Bernie would be on the right.
    I think Bernie Sanders has always been an Independent his whole political career, never a Democrat or Republican. Always an Independent. There's got to be a story there why he was allowed into the Democratic primaries and debates, and what his purpose is suppose to be in the debates. The DNC (Democratic National Committee) apparently wants him in the debates but doesn't want him to win the nomination, because it appears the DNC would rather nudge Vice-President Joe Biden into the primaries if Hillary goes down in flames. You know the "Ridin' with Biden" publicity.

Maybe the DNC wants the Democrats to look more progressive than they really are, so they allowed Sanders into the debates? Or maybe it's just a simple matter that, although Sanders is an Independent, he caucuses with the Democrats in Congress, so they let him into the debates.

Bernie's brother who lives in Britain was a Green Party member elected to a small county seat in Britain before retiring from public service a couple years ago.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 10-15-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

A Sad Tale of 4 Cities

How can I call the Democratic Party the Demolition Party? Well, it was the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Law in 1998 under the Clinton administration that set the stage for the economic meltdown of the Big Banks 10 years later. Glass Steagall was signed into law in the 1930s by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in the wake of the Great Depression to prevent banks from demolishing the economy again. The law had stood almost 65 years till the Clinton administration. But the Clintons and the Bush's both get lots of dough from Wall Street. There's very little difference between the two parties there. The country so needs the Greens and Libertarians now.

By repealing Glass-Steagall, the DemolitionCrats and ReBublicans threw the country under the bus. Even today, Hillary Clinton, who gets lots of money from Flaw Street, is against reinstituting Glass-Steagall. You heard her say as much on the debates the other night in an exchange with Bernie Sanders. That's crazy. Glass-Steagall separated the investment banking side of the Big Banks from the consumer banking side, and much more. That's now all history ever since 1998 under Bill's presidency. The next economic meltdown may be worse than the Great Depression.

Unfortunately current Secretary of State John Kerry (who ran for the Presidency in 2004 as Senator Kerry, senator from Massachussetts) also gets lots of Wall Street love. Most candidates from the Boston and New York areas are bought and paid for by the Financial Industry, just as most candidates from the Houston and Dallas areas are bought and paid for by the Oil Industry. For the last 50 years, it's really been a sad Tale of 4 Cities dragging down the rest of America in the interests and greed of Big Oil and Big Finance, starting wars time and again and tearing down the economy time and again.

President Franklin Roosevelt would be as disgusted as Thomas Jefferson at what the Demolition and ReBublican parties have done. We need the Greens and Libertarians now more than ever.
    Last edited by roncomatic; 10-16-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately with the population thoroughly brainwashed in its economic political ideologies by the ongoing of the media and living in a state of fear engendered by now never ending so-called war on terror, coupled with entrenched surveillance of all private communications and the implied license to kill , disappear, and destroy reputations granted to law enforcement and the TLAs - homeland agencies, all backed up by legal unlimited dominance of our political processes by the corporations and their wealthy shareholders - all these factors combined mean that is very unlikely to people are ever going to be able to force the government to serve the common good, whether by democratic processes or armed uprising. I hate to be so pessimistic but I think, game over.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Unfortunately with the population thoroughly brainwashed in its economic political ideologies by the ongoing of the media and living in a state of fear engendered by now never ending so-called war on terror, coupled with entrenched surveillance of all private communications and the implied license to kill , disappear, and destroy reputations granted to law enforcement and the TLAs - homeland agencies, all backed up by legal unlimited dominance of our political processes by the corporations and their wealthy shareholders - all these factors combined mean that is very unlikely to people are ever going to be able to force the government to serve the common good, whether by democratic processes or armed uprising. I hate to be so pessimistic but I think, game over.
    Wow HansCT, that's pessimistic! Chin up. It's not that bad, I think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roncomatic View Post
    Wow HansCT, that's pessimistic! Chin up. It's not that bad, I think.
    I disagree. Anyone who is actually effective in potentially reversing these trends is definitely risking their reputation, livelihood and their life. Go back and look at the smear campaign aimed at Snowden in the early days before the PTB figured out how many people realized he's a hero... you really think Sweden would have been pursuing Julian Assange without WikiLeaks? Do a little research on how Chelsea Manning has been tortured, all supposedly legal as if hundreds of days of solitary confinement isn't cruel and unusual punishment...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast