Feedback Score

Sony Z5 Compact

Sony Z5 Compact unboxing from youtube~

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Being out of the mobile world for a while...
    Where the hell does one buy this or any other xperia phone without turning to the bloated price of the carriers?
    For context, what are the Canadian options for buying unlocked devices from Sony -- ever since they closed down their online store and brick and mortar store... what are our choices?

Feedback Score
    https://www.google.com/search?q="Sony+Z5"+Compact&tbm=shop

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q="Sony+Z5"+Compact&tbm=shop
    Thanks.
    Maybe I should caveat that buying online -- I don't know which sites are reputable. can you suggest any ? Rather than buying from just a random place online?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fini View Post
    Thanks.
    Maybe I should caveat that buying online -- I don't know which sites are reputable. can you suggest any ? Rather than buying from just a random place online?
    Well your best protection and gives you the maximum flexibility to get the best deal, is to use a good credit card with buyer protection. Obviously the big box retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, Fry's etc.

Otherwise I personally have had fantastic results from ebay, in the last 6 months or so they have really tightened up their buyer protection guarantees, PayPal as well.

Just make sure you know exactly what it is you want to buy and thoroughly read the description and look at the pictures, because the eBay guarantee is based on the seller miss representing, if you buy the wrong thing you may well be out of luck.

But do have a look at the eBay sellers rating and volume, someone with a 99% rating and thousands of sales will probably take it back for a full refund minus shipping for whatever reason above and beyond their official published return policy, because their rating reputation is incredibly precious to their ability to do business on eBay. They don't want to risk you posting a bad review.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    Well your best protection and gives you the maximum flexibility to get the best deal, is to use a good credit card with buyer protection. Obviously the big box retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, Fry's etc.

Otherwise I personally have had fantastic results from ebay, in the last 6 months or so they have really tightened up their buyer protection guarantees, PayPal as well.

Just make sure you know exactly what it is you want to buy and thoroughly read the description and look at the pictures, because the eBay guarantee is based on the seller miss representing, if you buy the wrong thing you may well be out of luck.

But do have a look at the eBay sellers rating and volume, someone with a 99% rating and thousands of sales will probably take it back for a full refund minus shipping for whatever reason above and beyond their official published return policy, because their rating reputation is incredibly precious to their ability to do business on eBay. They don't want to risk you posting a bad review.
    Thanks for this. and your comment on the other thread.
    I'll do some more poking around on ebay to see what my options are!

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Amazon.ca is another great site as well.