Page 917 of 927 FirstFirst ... 417 817 867 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,755 of 13899

Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Love Park (sign just came back yesterday) Philadelphia

Either Band 2/66 or 30/66, iPhone showed both around the same time. If and when I’m on 66, my speeds rock here. Otherwise it’s quite slow still.
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Feedback Score
    Spoke to AT&T regarding my issues in Forest Hills, NY. Apparently one tower is down and the tower I am using has huge congestion issues on many days as acknowledged by AT&T.

Was told that new equipment and additional LTE panel are to be installed and tentitive dates are in April for one of them and June for another. I think its two different antenna projects.

Speed test as of now is 21.1/1.60. Speeds can go over 50Mbps for d/l and u/l has been as high as 8Mbps. iPad Mini 4 on AT&T.

AT&T was very responsive when I got through to them via customer support from investor relations page. I am also a shareholder which I did not mention to them when I called.

Much better experience than T-mobile where signal propagation on my device was poor due to lack of 700 on my device and they could have added closer higher band towers and failed to do so.

At least AT&T which works much better than T-Mobile for me on my device acknowledged upgrades and my issue while not ideal will get better over time. Verizon is way too pricey and also has its share of issues. As for Sprint I have never tried them here for data plans but from what I know, AT&T is a much better carrier overall.

Asked about small cell progress with the AT&T rep but didn’t seem to know specifics nor did he know what bands were on the towers by me. Read online Nokia and AT&T did a project in Manhattan and supposedly it is being worked on for New York City over time. Plenty of fiber optics cables all over here and free gigabit wifi outside in various locations thanks to LinkNYC.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7/7+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score

Today in a Chalfont, PA

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post

Love Park (sign just came back yesterday) Philadelphia

Either Band 2/66 or 30/66, iPhone showed both around the same time. If and when I’m on 66, my speeds rock here. Otherwise it’s quite slow still.
    Any idea how Verizon has been performing in the city?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    Any idea how Verizon has been performing in the city?
    Not really. Just what MRizz sees when he visits. I know they seem to struggle in center city even with more Crown Castle nodes.

http://www.philadelphiastreets.com/s...ensing-program

I believe this program will get more nodes in the city.

Feedback Score
    Center City, PA is very nice. My real estate broker was showing a brochure of the Murano which was a new condo building a few years ago in Center City, PA.

Building looked immaculate and well designed. Obviously just like NYC, wireless access is very high. Philadelphia is also getting Link gigabit wireless access. In NYC it is called LinkNYC and I don’t recall the name of the PA ones. More than likely upgrades will progress in Center City just like they will here from all carriers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Not really. Just what MRizz sees when he visits. I know they seem to struggle in center city even with more Crown Castle nodes.

http://www.philadelphiastreets.com/s...ensing-program

I believe this program will get more nodes in the city.
    Center City, PA is very nice. My real estate broker was showing a brochure of the Murano which was a new condo building a few years ago in Center City, PA.

Building looked immaculate and well designed. Obviously just like NYC, wireless access is very high. Philadelphia is also getting Link gigabit wireless access. In NYC it is called LinkNYC and I don’t recall the name of the PA ones. More than likely upgrades will progress in Center City just like they will here from all carriers.

Our Mayor in NYC is bad for Telecom. I believe the permitting issue is why upgrades to my area are so slow. Perhaps Philadelphia could be somewhat better, I do not know.

My area along with Philadelphia are fiber intensive markets with lots of wireless users and wireless networks which aren’t up to par with current user demands in many locations.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Interesting.. Stumbled upon a small cell in the little city of Port Allen, little over 5k people. Cutting through and I noticed a site with no notes on my SCP screen. At first I thought it was a new eNB offset from the nearby macro but the new sector pattern caught my eye combined with the signal being too strong. There it was, the typcial telephone pole with the can antenna on top. It had the primary band 2 and 4 on it not sure if others or the secondary carriers of 2 and 4 are on it.

I did some digging in the 811 dig permits and found several others and they fit with some new mystery pins in cellmapper I mapped last week. Now AT&T just needs to bring them across the river to the downtown area.

Threw them on my cell site map. The pink pin is the full build 8c macro site. Nice to see some new things popping up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Interesting.. Stumbled upon a small cell in the little city of Port Allen, little over 5k people. Cutting through and I noticed a site with no notes on my SCP screen. At first I thought it was a new eNB offset from the nearby macro but the new sector pattern caught my eye combined with the signal being too strong. There it was, the typcial telephone pole with the can antenna on top. It had the primary band 2 and 4 on it not sure if others or the secondary carriers of 2 and 4 are on it.

I did some digging in the 811 dig permits and found several others and they fit with some new mystery pins in cellmapper I mapped last week. Now AT&T just needs to bring them across the river to the downtown area.

Threw them on my cell site map. The pink pin is the full build 8c macro site. Nice to see some new things popping up.

That is mostly likely a CRAN deployment, not Small Cells. I’ll see if I can find out for sure later when I’m in front of my work computer.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    That is mostly likely a CRAN deployment, not Small Cells. I’ll see if I can find out for sure later when I’m in front of my work computer.
    Could you explain the difference? Like a oDAS type deal? I see it is different than the New Orleans French Quarter oDAS that shares eNBs across multiple poles which is a good thing.

I guess I am looking at it as more a non macro build when I say small cells. Layman's term of not a indoor Pico and not a stadium style DAS and not a macro.

Edit: Reading up on CRAN at this moment.. Cool stuff.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is in King of Prussia, PA. Outside the mall, near Sullivan’s.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Air 2, Retina MacBook Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    I guess Field Test is broken on the brand new Intel iPX, too. EARFCN 950 is LTE B2.
    I thought freq_band_ind would be it? Thought I saw band 66 is some aggregate?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Air 2, Retina MacBook Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1518716850.885366.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  23.2 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1518716859.607376.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  20.1 KB
    Maize, KS.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S6, iPad Mini 3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Could you explain the difference? Like a oDAS type deal? I see it is different than the New Orleans French Quarter oDAS that shares eNBs across multiple poles which is a good thing.

I guess I am looking at it as more a non macro build when I say small cells. Layman's term of not a indoor Pico and not a stadium style DAS and not a macro.

Edit: Reading up on CRAN at this moment.. Cool stuff.
    I have confirmed that those are CRAN nodes you saw in Port Allen. CRAN uses a centralized eNodeB (the hub) and connects to its remotely mounted radios via "front haul" fiber. Essentially, they are remotely mounted radio heads that connect back to a common eNB. You'll see more and more of this deployed going forward.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    I have confirmed that those are CRAN nodes you saw in Port Allen. CRAN uses a centralized eNodeB (the hub) and connects to its remotely mounted radios via "front haul" fiber. Essentially, they are remotely mounted radio heads that connect back to a common eNB. You'll see more and more of this deployed going forward.
    Nice. I was kinda shocked to see it in Port Allen of all places as I don't recall it being a problem area like a few others I know of in the Baton Rouge area. But you do have to start somewhere and it was probably a good test area for the market. Excited to see what is coming up as I have seen several new sites light up in the region recently.

Easy setup for these it would seem especially with them being the local telco. Throw a new wood pole in the ROW without any crazy permitting and what not, eNodeB in the CO, fiber out to the poles and call it a day. All while no one notices, freaks out about RF "poisoning", etc. They just see better signal, better battery life and even less RF output.

Page 917 of 927 FirstFirst ... 417 817 867 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 LastLast