Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1053

Thread: TMO reseller, cheap bigData: 4G Antennashop

El Dorado National Forest - a town called Mosquito, Ca.
    Carrier(s)
    4G Antenna Shop (TMO) for home Internet, MINT for phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Nice find. Let us know how it goes.
    So far so good, initial testing shows it is slightly better than my old plan...

Having a Static IP is nice too...

Feedback Score
    Wow! I'm bummed I missed seeing the T-Mobile unlimited internet with no data cap $40 for life deal!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimindenver View Post
    I received a email from 4gas/ now Infinity high speed saying that my grandfathered 5 gig hotspot with binge on and music freedom will go from $15 a month to $27 in September. I spoke with them on the chat and asked about options, they said that there were none and that they were servicing only existing accounts.

I enjoy the 5 gig hotspot on TMO for the increased coverage over AT&T and Verizon. Price wise a AT&T unlimited tablet plan is $8 more a month and Verizon's unlimited Visible plan is $13 more.
    At least you were given a months notice. I never even got an email from them about it. My first indication that the price went up was on my credit card bill.

In my case I was paying $25/month for the plan so it was only a $2 increase but it still would have been nice to know.

Feedback Score
    I am using the 4GAS C100-T modem, V3.0, firmware Final_V11.

I noticed the MSG light was on steady so I must have a text message, right? Problem is that I have no way to retrieve it from the modem. I can logon and visit all kinds of pages, but none of them have anything to do with SMS messaging. Figuring that someone forgot to put in the link, I went looking for hidden pages and quickly found them. If you want to access the SMS pages on this modem try these pages:

For messages on the device: 192.168.x.x/index.html#sms
    For messages on the SIM card: 192.168.x.x/index.html#sim_messages
    For the settings page: 192.168.x.x/index.html#sms_setting

Be sure to change 192.168.x.x to the URL for your device.

Feedback Score

I am here for support questions!

Hello Everyone!

Much to my early demise and being written off in this thread, I am very alive and active, WHILE I CAN NOT SPEAK about pricing, promotions or sales on this forum, I can help with any technical questions or refer you on who to talk to. So just let me know if I can help out.

Robert V
    4G Antenna Shop Inc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertvillanuev View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Much to my early demise and being written off in this thread, I am very alive and active, WHILE I CAN NOT SPEAK about pricing, promotions or sales on this forum, I can help with any technical questions or refer you on who to talk to. So just let me know if I can help out.

Robert V
    4G Antenna Shop Inc.
    Welcome back!

Why did you just re-join the forum on 04-14-2020 with a new username?

What happened to the last "a" in your username?

Can you tell us the story about your retirement and then rejoining 4G Antenna Shop?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Questions for Robert V:

1) My question/concern is how stable is 4GAS's relationship with the major cellular providers that you sell service through? If I remember correctly, you once sold and then lost access on Sprint and Cricket. With some of us being forced to work from home now, access has become more critical then ever. I fear the push to 5G will move the old plans out the door leaving us high and dry. Do we need to start looking for another internet solution? A VPN from home to office 8 hours a day has worked fine for me with your service over the last couple of weeks.

2) Does/Will 4GAS have it's own forum-like site somewhere where users can post questions & answers and we can learn from each other? I didn't see one listed on your website. Don't post a link here. I don't think that's allowed and we don't want you banned again. A Simple yes/no will do.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robertvillanuev View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Robert V
    4G Antenna Shop Inc.
    Well, it's been a month.

Looks like it was either some joker spoofing Robert V or 4GAS was just letting us know what they really thought of us here on HF.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dial-up View Post
    Well, it's been a month.

Looks like it was either some joker spoofing Robert V or 4GAS was just letting us know what they really thought of us here on HF.
    My guess is "some joker spoofing Robert V"!

Feedback Score
    I noticed yesterday that 4GAS/Infinite quietly added a new AUP to their site a little over a week ago. It's fairly strict.

https://4gantennashop.com/acceptable-data-usage-policy/

Has anyone been contacted by email about this, as it says will happen?

The biggest thing that jumped out to me was this: "Effective immediately, clients must be transferred from alternate sub carriers such as Verizon and T-Mobile to our primary nationwide enhanced carrier are such to these provisions set forward immediately."

I'm braced to get an email in the coming weeks telling me I'm be transitioned to some other network, which won't have service at my home... I only get TMO.

Frontier installed a new fiber-fed DSLAM in my field across from my house... but says my address isn't eligible for service. I'm trying to get that straightened out ASAP, just in case 4GAS falls apart any time soon for me!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansatterfield View Post
    I noticed yesterday that 4GAS/Infinite quietly added a new AUP to their site a little over a week ago. It's fairly strict.

https://4gantennashop.com/acceptable-data-usage-policy/

Has anyone been contacted by email about this, as it says will happen?

The biggest thing that jumped out to me was this: "Effective immediately, clients must be transferred from alternate sub carriers such as Verizon and T-Mobile to our primary nationwide enhanced carrier are such to these provisions set forward immediately."

I'm braced to get an email in the coming weeks telling me I'm be transitioned to some other network, which won't have service at my home... I only get TMO.

Frontier installed a new fiber-fed DSLAM in my field across from my house... but says my address isn't eligible for service. I'm trying to get that straightened out ASAP, just in case 4GAS falls apart any time soon for me!
    I don't see the words in quotes above at https://4gantennashop.com/acceptable-data-usage-policy/. Am I missing something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I don't see the words in quotes above at https://4gantennashop.com/acceptable-data-usage-policy/. Am I missing something?
    Hah, well, it was there last night. It looks like it has been freshly updated sometime today. The previous date as of early this AM on the AUP was 5/21, and now it shows 6/2. Also, I believe it had Robert V.'s name at the bottom of the previous version. Interesting. The prior version also had a lot more 'insider' data, which I assume was for their customer support team... like their internal names for different data plans/packages.

I'm still somewhat concerned, as I was grandfathered in years ago on a TMO account, though I'm not a business. Looks like they'll be cracking down on high bandwidth uses. I'm in a rural area, and my kids enjoy streaming shows to our TV, which does bump our usage up quite high each month. I guess time will tell.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. Too bad you don't have a copy of the 5/21 AUP in a buffer or some place. I would have liked to see that.

I'm surprised they would be more strict now since the major providers appear more lenient during COVID-19. That appears to be true with the 4GAS T-Mobile plan as well. We are only on the 5GB/mo plan and I let my wife have exclusive use of it since she stated working from home. She is using about 200MB/day while I make do with our backup dial-up. I was surprised she was never slowed down so I checked the usage on the modem on the last day. She had used 4.85GB. That was cutting it pretty close, but since we still had some usage data left I took that opportunity to perform security updates on all our computers and take care of things I couldn't do on dial-up. I was surprised I was never slowed down even though I ended up using 5.55GB. That has never happened before. In fact the T-Mobile network was faster than it has ever been around here. Using some of that borrowed spectrum no doubt, but I still expected to be cut back to 2G speeds since we access through 4GAS.

So, according to the 5/21 AUP we have to leave Verizon and T-Mobile for the 4GAS primary nationwide carrier. That only leaves AT&T right? AT&T and T-Mobile are on the same Crown Castle tower around here so reception shouldn't be a problem for us. I'm guessing 4GAS jumped the gun on the 5/21 AUP and it will come back after the COVID-19 usage spike settles down. Who knows, maybe that was just a ploy during renewed contract negotiations with Verizon & T-Mobile and that is all settled now. We can hope anyway. I would hate to change anything now that my wife's job depends on it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dial-up View Post
    Interesting. Too bad you don't have a copy of the 5/21 AUP in a buffer or some place. I would have liked to see that.

I'm surprised they would be more strict now since the major providers appear more lenient during COVID-19. That appears to be true with the 4GAS T-Mobile plan as well. We are only on the 5GB/mo plan and I let my wife have exclusive use of it since she stated working from home. She is using about 200MB/day while I make do with our backup dial-up. I was surprised she was never slowed down so I checked the usage on the modem on the last day. She had used 4.85GB. That was cutting it pretty close, but since we still had some usage data left I took that opportunity to perform security updates on all our computers and take care of things I couldn't do on dial-up. I was surprised I was never slowed down even though I ended up using 5.55GB. That has never happened before. In fact the T-Mobile network was faster than it has ever been around here. Using some of that borrowed spectrum no doubt, but I still expected to be cut back to 2G speeds since we access through 4GAS.

So, according to the 5/21 AUP we have to leave Verizon and T-Mobile for the 4GAS primary nationwide carrier. That only leaves AT&T right? AT&T and T-Mobile are on the same Crown Castle tower around here so reception shouldn't be a problem for us. I'm guessing 4GAS jumped the gun on the 5/21 AUP and it will come back after the COVID-19 usage spike settles down. Who knows, maybe that was just a ploy during renewed contract negotiations with Verizon & T-Mobile and that is all settled now. We can hope anyway. I would hate to change anything now that my wife's job depends on it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    I've still yet to be contacted personally about things, but when I posted on Reddit about this, I got this response from a user:

"We received an e-mail, with further text correspondence for clarity, stating that streaming (netflix, Roku, youtube) was no longer allowed effective immediately. We have been customers for years, upgrading to their 200 gigs/mo almost 2 years ago, only to be told today that their products are for businesses only and will no longer support streaming. In the middle of a lockdown, with only 75% of our ‘monthly quota’ used with 10 more days in our cycle - and roku is a constant buffer."

So, I'm *expecting* to get a similar message, but who knows. I'm in the middle of nowhere, but Frontier recently ran fiber to a new DSLAM in the field across from my house. I'm working with them now to figure out why their system says I'm not eligible for service, even though neighbors have signed up. If they can get that straightened out, it might be time for me to make the switch away from 4GAS. No other cell carriers have signal to my home.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that Reddit post. It does sound like they are cracking down on streaming which would affects you. That also fits with the 4GAS statement at the bottom of their web page:

The data services provided by 4GAS are for Business clients and people who have a work related purpose for the use of our products. At any time, all accounts are subject to verification of the above mentioned requirement, this service is not intended solely for use on any type of gaming consoles and/or data music or video streaming services unless in conjunction with a work related purpose, such as video teleconferencing. Any account in violation of this requirement may be subject to suspension or service termination. This statement supersedes all previous posted policies and procedures. ©2011-2020 Infinite Internet powered by the 4G Antenna Shop Inc., Infinite Internet is a registered trademark of the 4G Antenna Shop Inc.
    I think they have to do that or they get in trouble with the carrier and can loose access.

Sounds like a database entry error with Frontier. I hope you can get that straightened out. I'm in CenturyLink territory and they can be hard to deal with regarding that.

Have you looked into T-Mobile Home Internet? I tried signing up at (t-mobile.com/isp) and was told it wasn't available in my area yet. Maybe you would have better luck.

Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast