Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1086

Thread: TMO reseller, cheap bigData: 4G Antennashop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It still doesn't help with me stressing about what to do with my wife's line! But I guess that's on me and my personality, lol!
    You and I are in the same boat, Mr. Boz. I'm mulling my options. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to compare notes or plans.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lineisbusy View Post
    The info came during a phone call today.

I had spoken with them by phone yesterday as I had questions about some of the plan details. Apparently, the decision was made today. I would imagine they'll be sending out an email soon.

I have no complaints about 4GAS. I remain quite happy with my data plans from them and with their customer service.

I have a month to determine what to do with the two phone lines I have with them. That's plenty of time and contrasts sharply with the Venn Mobile and Bleuegreen fiascos and the related uncertainty surrounding Teltik.

Clearly the market is changing and resellers are at the mercy of a reduced number of service providers.
    I received a phone call this morning as well. Sadly, as of 08/01/2020, 4GAS will no longer have any voice plans.

While I was not sure about the 22GB cap of full LTE would work for me, my years of being a 4GAS customer have been delightful, and I thought I'd at least give the AT&T plan a try for a while. I am genuinely saddened that my time with 4GAS is coming to an end.

Someone on a different forum mentioned Airwireless as something he is considering. Similar TMUS business plans, $40 unlimited and $26 for 2GB, includes music freedom, one hour of GoGo Inflight, 10GB tethering, international data roaming, etc. I am strongly considering this option. A Wing Alpha AT&T plan is potentially in the running as well, though I see a lot of gripes about their customer service.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have considered Air Wireless after finding out Teltik was no longer taking new activations and could be in trouble due to their Venn failure.

I ported this line to 4GAS in 2016 on the 2GB plan for $20/mo. Then 4GAS stopped offering the 2GB plan and only offered the unlimited plan for $37.50, which this line has been on for the last 14 months.

I think Air Wireless would be fine, but I wish it wouldn't come with another cost increase up to $40/mo. Air Wireless doesn't currently offer the 6GB/mo plan, which Teltik offered for $33.50/mo.

Another option is the AT&T Prepaid 8GB/30 days then unlimited 128Kbps for $25/30 days if paid $300/360 days. I'm not sure how much taxes and fees would be on that.

AT&T Prepaid also has the exclusive Walmart plan with 8GB + 17GB bonus / 30 days for $40/30 days, but that requires a phone purchase, activation, a waiting period until the 17GB is added, then a port in, and then the SIM can be moved to a different phone. Supposedly, that $40 could get down to $24/30 days if in a group of 10, but it would be a little nerve-racking having somebody else to make payments and administer the group.

This line needs Canada Talk/Text/LTE roaming for sure. It would be nice if it had unlimited 128Kbps international data roaming included, but Airalo or something similar could be used for international trips.

Any other ideas?

Feedback Score
    Does anybody have any other thoughts or suggestions about this? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have considered Air Wireless after finding out Teltik was no longer taking new activations and could be in trouble due to their Venn failure.

I ported this line to 4GAS in 2016 on the 2GB plan for $20/mo. Then 4GAS stopped offering the 2GB plan and only offered the unlimited plan for $37.50, which this line has been on for the last 14 months.

I think Air Wireless would be fine, but I wish it wouldn't come with another cost increase up to $40/mo. Air Wireless doesn't currently offer the 6GB/mo plan, which Teltik offered for $33.50/mo.

Another option is the AT&T Prepaid 8GB/30 days then unlimited 128Kbps for $25/30 days if paid $300/360 days. I'm not sure how much taxes and fees would be on that.

AT&T Prepaid also has the exclusive Walmart plan with 8GB + 17GB bonus / 30 days for $40/30 days, but that requires a phone purchase, activation, a waiting period until the 17GB is added, then a port in, and then the SIM can be moved to a different phone. Supposedly, that $40 could get down to $24/30 days if in a group of 10, but it would be a little nerve-racking having somebody else to make payments and administer the group.

This line needs Canada Talk/Text/LTE roaming for sure. It would be nice if it had unlimited 128Kbps international data roaming included, but Airalo or something similar could be used for international trips.

Any other ideas?
    Do you have a screenshot of air wireless plans? Their website looks lackluster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    Do you have a screenshot of air wireless plans? Their website looks lackluster
    Here are the plan descriptions that you can see after you log in.

Air30
    T-Mobile Simple Choice
    North America Business Plan
    Unlimited Talk, Text & Data
    USA, Canada, & Mexico Included
    First 2Gb 4G LTE device data
    4G LTE Mobile Hot Spot
    (up to monthly allotment)
    Unlimited Streaming Music
    Unlimited data and texting in 210+ countries
    In-Flight GoGo 1hr per flight Unlimited Flights
    Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-Way Calling,
    and Call Forwarding
    No Overage Fees
    Plus Taxes and regulatory fees

Air60
    T-Mobile ONE Business Unlimited Plan
    (PlusUp add-on features available, just ask)
    UNLIMITED 4G LTE device data
    UNLIMITED 3G Mobile Hot Spot
    (Now with the first 10Gb at 4G LTE)
    UNLIMITED Streaming Music
    UNLIMITED data and texting in 210+ countries
    and Call Forwarding
    No Overage Fees
    All Taxes and regulatory fees INCLUDED!!

Feedback Score
    I'm really leaning toward the AT&T Prepaid $300/360 day plan to replace 4GAS for my wife's line. 8GB/30 days LTE + Unlimited 128Kbps thereafter should be enough for my wife's data needs, with the same service included while roaming in Canada and Mexico. I went through a "dummy" checkout, and it showed a total of $305.33 "Due Today", which included the $300/360 day plan, a $4.99 SIM card, and $0.34 sales tax. I hope that's correct and will be the same if/when I proceed to the final checkout!

To get almost the same plan from Air Wireless as she has with 4GAS (Air Wireless might only have 128Kbps unlimited international data roaming vs 256Kbps w/ 4GAS), it would cost $40/mo total, or $480/year. We currently pay 4GAS $37.50/mo, or $450/year.

The ~$174.67/year ($480-$305.33) savings by going with the AT&T Prepaid $300/360 day plan instead of the Air Wireless $40/mo plan, even if we spend ~$40/year for an Airalo or similar international data roaming plan, is still a pretty good savings, with the added advantage of getting faster international data.

I'd really like to get the AT&T Prepaid 8GB + 17GB Bonus Walmart plan for as low as $24/mo with a 10 line group, but somehow I just can't get comfortable with paying a group administrator and trusting them to pay AT&T for me, not to mention the small hassle and expense of buying an AT&T Prepaid device from Walmart to even get that plan, waiting some time for the 17GB bonus to hit, and then porting in my wife's phone # later.

Feedback Score
    Here are the plan descriptions that you can see after you log in.

Air30
    T-Mobile Simple Choice
    North America Business Plan
    First 2Gb 4G LTE device data
    4G LTE Mobile Hot Spot
    (up to monthly allotment)
    Unlimited Streaming Music
    Unlimited data and texting in 210+ countries
    and Call Forwarding
    No Overage Fees
    Plus Taxes and regulatory fees

Air60
    T-Mobile ONE Business Unlimited Plan
    (PlusUp add-on features available, just ask)
    UNLIMITED 4G LTE device data
    UNLIMITED 3G Mobile Hot Spot
    (Now with the first 10Gb at 4G LTE)
    UNLIMITED Streaming Music
    UNLIMITED data and texting in 210+ countries
    and Call Forwarding
    No Overage Fees
    All Taxes and regulatory fees INCLUDED!!
    Thank you

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know of an easy way to compare AT&T PREPAID vs T-Mobile POSTPAID coverage?

If not, can anybody that's experienced both provide some subjective feedback?

The goal is to know if the $300 AT&T Prepaid plan can provide coverage that's at least as good as the T-Mobile postpaid service that we've been getting from 4GAS.

Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide!

Feedback Score

. . .
    Hi, Boz.

I have two lines with Teltik (U/T/T&2G) for $23.50/month.

The only issue I've had was on the first day when the C.S. lady got snippy with me. However, "David" intervened and made it right.

Now I read your above quote and I'm wondering what went on or is going on with Teltik.

More importantly, is it time for the rats to jump ship?

Thanks.
    A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it (author unknown).

--
    Liborio

Feedback Score
    I can't advise about Teltik, but I'd be nervous about their future.

Since they are reselling T-Mo Business plans, I suspect that your # would be safe no matter what happens.

Despite being nervous, I'd probably stick it out with Teltik if I was ALREADY a customer.

But please do what YOU feel is best, because I'm just guessing, and I don't want to give bad advice.

Feedback Score
    I can't advise about Teltik, but I'd be nervous about their future.

Since they are reselling T-Mo Business plans, I suspect that your # would be safe no matter what happens.

Despite being nervous, I'd probably stick it out with Teltik if I was ALREADY a customer.

But please do what YOU feel is best, because I'm just guessing, and I don't want to give bad advice.
    Thank you, Boz.

No worries. I always do things with my eyes open and only blame myself when
    things don't work out. I would never use anything I read on this Forum unless
    it makes sense to me.

I guess my question was more about the Teltik "Venn" debacle you mentioned.

What is or was that all about?

Thanks.

By the way, I'm pondering evaluating a business hybrid cellular/VoiP offering
    (both at the same time, not VoIP over cellular data or WiFi à la FreedomPOP).
    If I decide to try it and it works as advertised, I may move my two T-M Teltik
    lines to it. We'll see.

Feedback Score
    I just got a call from 4GAS and my 5GB/mo T-Mobile data plan is going away Aug 1 as well. So it's not just the phones folks.

What they offered me to replace it was another plan on T-Mobile for $60/mo that I don't see on their website. They said I wouldn't need a new sim card but would have to change the APN. The new plan doesn't have a monthly limit but slows down during times of congestion. I'm not sure what she meant by that. She did not call it unlimited. It sounds a lot like T-Mobile home internet to me, but T-Mobile says my address is not eligible for that yet.

Well, I was looking to get more internet with my wife working at home now with no end in sight. I guess this may be it.

Feedback Score
    After I saw your post, I emailed 4GAS asking if anything had changed so that I could keep my T-Mobile phone plan. I got an answer back within 5 minutes saying "no". Bummer!

Feedback Score
    So there is some difference between the data only and phone plans. Strange that T-Mobile would pull all the phone plans but leave or add some data only plans. I figured they would pull everything -- casualties of the merger.

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast