Thread: LG G3 shuts off randomly

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

LG G3 shuts off randomly

I have a LG G3 that seems to want to turn off by itself at times when using mostly the camera app with flash. It has happened when using Google messenger and other apps also but not as regularly. The battery is normally below 50% when it happens. When the phone shuts off it will not restart until the phone is plugged into a power source. Sometimes it will not restart until the battery is removed and then plugged into a power source. Once plugged in the battery life indicator will show on the screen and then I can power it back on.

This is the second phone to have this concern. The first phone was replaced under warranty for the SIM card slot failing. I was hopeful that after the replacement phone was set up I would not have the same concern. Unfortunately that was not the case.

I thought there may have been a problem with the battery so I replaced the OE battery with an Anker 3000mAh replacement battery. Same thing happens.

I have done factory reset at least twice and as stated the phone was replaced for a different concern and it continues to do the same thing.

It seems to have to be a software concern but since it is random and with different apps it is very hard to pin down.

Has anyone else had this concern?

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is the phone rooted? Custom or stock recovery? Can you try running a CM based rom? It maybe firmware related.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bone stock. I have rooted and run customs recovery on all of my previous phones but I decided to stay stock on this one. I may look into it. But it seems after updating to 5.0 there were some issues with rooting.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is there anyway to reload the stock firmware? Possibly from XDA?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I will have to look into it.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2997032
    [ROM][D850] CyanogenMod 12.1 OFFICIAL Nightly [Android 5.X Lollipop] if you're interested. .. Goodluck

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You may have a faulty battery or the contacts might be bad/dirty. Did you have to keep your current battery when you got your replacement? If so check the battery to make sure it hasn't swelled or check the contacts.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have used the one battery and the replacement battery in both phones with the same results. Neither battery is swelled. All connections have been cleaned.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Contacts have been checked not cleaned. Sorry.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I decided to contact AT&T to ask about the problem I have been having with my phone shutting off. I explained the issue in detail and how the same thing has been happening with two different phones since my first one was replaced for the sim card slot failing. I happened to call from my sons iPhone and was routed to iPhone support. The guy just got his supervisor and asked if they could just replace the phone with a new battery also. Supervisor said yes go ahead and replace. The guy asks what color phone I have and I said it was the metallic back. He says it looks like there are three options here. The options are G3, G4 and G Flex 2. I said well if the G4 is an option I will take it. He finished the order processing and aid it is on the way. I got the confirmation and it looks like I have G4 on the way. Unless they cancel it when they go to actually pull the order I guess.

Moral of the story, i am going to call from one of ht three iPhones in my household whenever I have problems with my Android phone.