Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bell to Launch New US Roaming Plan (Roam like Home... Kinda)

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    So the International Roam Better is official. As previously discussed it's the same cost as Rogers Roam Like Home but with 100MB's of daily data instead of using your domestic Share Plan.

NEW! International – Unlimited Talk & Text + 100 MB of data per day$10/day
    Included destinations:

This feature includes:
    • Unlimited outgoing calling within your roaming destination and back to Canada
    • Unlimited incoming calls
    • Unlimited outgoing and incoming text messages
    • Unlimited incoming text messages
    • 100 MB of dedicated data per day that doesn’t come out of your home data bucket.

Additional details:
    • Need more data? If you use up your 100 MB of dedicated data, you’ll receive a text message with a link to add an additional 100 MB for just $10.
    • Your daily Roam Better data (including any additional data purchased) expires at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time no matter where you are roaming.
    • If you’re already enrolled in Roam Better, you will automatically get the benefit of these new international destinations

Feedback Score
    Another big difference between this and Roam Like Home is that Rogers maxes out the days charged per billing cycle at 10 ($100) while Bell will charge up to 20 days ($200). Combine that with Bell's pathetic 100mb/day and atrocious overage rates, RLH is a far better offer. Not to mention with Rogers all your account features that you have in Canada also apply while roaming. For example I have unlimited US Long Distance and Unlimited international text. So if I'm in France I can also call USA free as well as text anywhere in the world, just like I would in Canada.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew44 View Post
    Another big difference between this and Roam Like Home is that Rogers maxes out the days charged per billing cycle at 10 ($100) while Bell will charge up to 20 days ($200). Combine that with Bell's pathetic 100mb/day and atrocious overage rates, RLH is a far better offer. Not to mention with Rogers all your account features that you have in Canada also apply while roaming. For example I have unlimited US Long Distance and Unlimited international text. So if I'm in France I can also call USA free as well as text anywhere in the world, just like I would in Canada.
    One major downside with Rogers is you must be on Share Everything plans. At least with Bell, any plan that includes Unlimited Voice + Text is eligible for Roam Better.

Device(s)
    Samsung Vibrant
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    One major downside with Rogers is you must be on Share Everything plans. At least with Bell, any plan that includes Unlimited Voice + Text is eligible for Roam Better.
    Roam Better is available only in addition to a Bell unlimited Share plan, within certain of Bell's U.S. and international roaming partners' coverage areas. Roam Better may be incompatible with other roaming features on your line that require removal before you can add Roam Better.

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Roam-Better

Pretty much the same on bell's side.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark4eons View Post
    Roam Better is available only in addition to a Bell unlimited Share plan, within certain of Bell's U.S. and international roaming partners' coverage areas. Roam Better may be incompatible with other roaming features on your line that require removal before you can add Roam Better.

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Roam-Better

Pretty much the same on bell's side.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Yup I'm aware of the fine print. Roam Better works just fine with plans that are a number of years old now. As long as it has unlimited voice and text, it works. Rogers on the other hand specifically requires one to be on a Share Everything plan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Bell still has a clause that your plan lasts until midnight Eastern time. As they expand Roam Better to other parts of the world, that's becoming a bigger complication. For example, if you're in Australia then 9pm Eastern Time may be 3pm local time. So if you use your phone both before and after 3pm, that's $10 x2 for that day. So ridiculous. And so, so unnecessary.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

Feedback Score
    What a money grab. Let's say you go away to Europe for 20 days, you want this package. It will cost you $200, you get 2 gigs in total of data.
    I pay for 20 gigs (shared) , that's 20 days that I will not be consuming any data from my own package.
    It would be a better offer if I would aloud to use Bell's alloted 100 Mb per day, then any additional data consumed would come off my monthly plan (my 20 gig) after that.
    It's all about sucking every Damn penny out of us isn't it Bell?
    You can see why the big 3 were shaken in thier boots with the rumours of verison coming to Canada. Competition is good, too bad there isn't any here in Canada

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4