Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New roaming agreement?

Device(s)
    N5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 403808 View Post
    I've ALWAYS been able to roam on Rogers in Sask - never once had a problem. Having said that, Roger's coverage is limited to major highways and cities - so, rural areas of the province suck (i.e. no coverage). It would be awesome if WIND added SaskTel as a roaming partner.
    we drove in from alberta side on the #1 to swift current this spriing and had no signal that would connect i could see it there on the list of things to connect to but but it would disappear very fast the entire time we were there, as soon as we went back to alberta back on roaming no issues. :/

according to the tower maps thats where rogers towers are along the #1

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruden View Post
    we drove in from alberta side on the #1 to swift current this spriing and had no signal that would connect i could see it there on the list of things to connect to but but it would disappear very fast the entire time we were there, as soon as we went back to alberta back on roaming no issues. :/

I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps your phone was trying to connect with Sasktel?

I go to Saskatoon twice a year (driving from Calgary) and drove to Regina last November.

Edit: I re-read your post and see Rogers kept disappearing from your scan. I dunno... maybe Rogers was having problems that day (week)?. Its not the norm though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+/5/4, Moto G LTE, Nokia E63, & data devices
    Carrier(s)
    SaskTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ruden View Post

You probably had your phone set to disable 2G. Rogers only deployed 3G and LTE in Saskatchewan two or three months ago (except for in Regina and Saskatoon, which have had it for years).
    SaskTel 306, Rogers 647 data, Rogers 306 flex tablet, Bell 519 flex tablet, Wind 587, PureTalkUSA 406, T-Mobile 716 & 347 prepaid, AT&T iPad SIM 716, T-Mobile postpaid data 619, Toggle Mobile (UK/FR/US), GiffGaff (UK)

GSM phones: Too many to list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2