Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wants to switch? T-Mobile offers Sprint customersextra $200 credit to switch

Device(s)
    Galaxy S III
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile (Sprint)
    Feedback Score

Anyone wants to switch? T-Mobile offers Sprint customersextra $200 credit to switch

T-Mobile has announced a new deal to get Sprint customers to make the switch. For a limited time Sprint customers switching to T-Mobile will get an extra $200 bill credit per line, on top of the up to $650 per line that T-Mobile covers for early termination fees or phone payment balances.

Anyone wants to switch?

Details:
    Link

Feedback Score
    It seems like that new Cut Your Bill in Half deal was getting to them a bit and they're trying to poach some customers back. But I don't think that it is as good as Sprint's deal.

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    nope, other than a lower price, & $200 credit for an *unlimited data plan*,

pound for pound, tmobile's simple choice plan can't touch the $110 my all-in plan I have now,

with the "Unlimited talk, text & data on our network, *starting with up to 2GB of 4G LTE*" wtf , my term starts on the 21st of every month, & I've already used 5.56gb to date of high speed lte.

don't need the complications of binge on; what video streaming is ok, what's not, just give me the data pipe, let me pick & choose what I stream at high quality..

& forget the carrier high-jacking term *wifi calling* & *volte*, hangouts via the gv integration on sprint has me settled well; just got a text saying to call back some1 from hangouts, I press the phone icon, & hangouts handled the call on lte, *using my sprint / gv integrated number*..

i'll put money on comparing the clarity of that hangouts call, with volte calls.. along with the de-coupling of the number from one to device, to many, I don't want to break this set up..

naw, I ain't going nowhere..
    >:-,

“There's no benchmark for how life's "supposed" to happen. There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, it's up to you how you respond to it.”
    ― Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In reading the press release, this may be a way to target business customers. They specifically call out small business folks moving over in the text of it - even a dozen people would be a massive savings on a recurring expense for a small business.

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    In reading the press release, this may be a way to target business customers. They specifically call out small business folks moving over in the text of it - even a dozen people would be a massive savings on a recurring expense for a small business.

& I don't know what da h,e, double hockey stiks, sprint's waiting for;

their network is ready to offer to business's also,

**if karma can offer this** leasing usage from sprint, why can't sprint one up that straight from their own coffers ???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j'vai View Post
    naw, I ain't going nowhere..
    single unlimited line on T-mobile is $95 (deprioritization after 23GB, same policy as Sprint's)

you can always disable bingeon and do your "just give me the data pipe, let me pick & choose what I stream at high quality.."

yeah, Sprint doesn't have simultaneous voice+data... need your workaround of using hangouts for voice calls (and call can get dropped if your LTE signal drops). this is probably the thing that Sprint users are heavily missing out on (unless they have an older LTe phone with dual antennas)

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
    single unlimited line on T-mobile is $95 (deprioritization after 23GB, same policy as Sprint's))
    last month I used almost 60gb of data, & got no de-prioritization, at all..

you can always disable bingeon and do your "just give me the data pipe, let me pick & choose what I stream at high quality.."
    on tiered data plans, is bingeon available for tmobile's unlimited plans? that "up to 23gb, then reduced speed ahead" will get eaten up with the quickness..

yeah, Sprint doesn't have simultaneous voice+data...)
    last week, my friend on att sent me a text, just before calling me, asked me "did I get the text", no I hadn't "& since I'm on the phone with you now" relay the info that you wanted to convey, that text didn't matter..

need your workaround of using hangouts for voice calls (and call can get dropped if your LTE signal drops)

you type that as if it were some complicated scientific thing, which it isn't, if I want to multitask data & voice for an extended period, I'd use hangouts before initiating a call, & *bam*, I have what any vowifiwhatever have in functionality.., short calls, I simply use the native cdma channel.. not hard, or complicated at all..

& ither one, data calls or cdma calls, I'm usually stationary within a given area anyways, I don't usually time travel from one spot to the next while on call, cause usually it's not that serious, & I don't even have to think of whether any hand-off will fail, TO create a drop call..

& to one up the sprint / gv number integration;

how about using my mobile device to tether to the laptop, while using hangouts for voice calls video chat, sms, mms, on the laptop, & not missing a beat..? that's the power of decoupling the number from the device..

Feedback Score
    How well does the call audio sound when you talk on Hangouts and surf?

By the way - I'm finding that Hangouts has gotten much better at handoffs from mobile to wifi and vice versa. Usually sound cuts out for a few seconds and it's right back.
    In the old days the call would just disconnect.

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    How well does the call audio sound when you talk on Hangouts and surf?

hangout rule; better signal & bandwidth, the better, when that data channel's weak, & the call was initiated 1st, & you try to open a browser, you may see slowness page loading, with a weak wifi or lte signal, but the call may persist at the same rate it started....

Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    By the way - I'm finding that Hangouts has gotten much better at handoffs from mobile to wifi and vice versa. Usually sound cuts out for a few seconds and it's right back.
    In the old days the call would just disconnect.

that call I had earlier was clear, it had temporary faide out when I was outside, (being in a weak area with 112dbm) but I just stayed in an area that grabbed the signal better, & the call continued in clarity, it sounded fuller than 1x advance, only in that I could hear the background noise from the other caller, it wasn't tinny & shouty like gsm, had more bass than so, but less than cdma, 1x advance sounds clear @ wb, but cuts out background noise..

Feedback Score
    which would be the same case on T-mobile - if there's congestion in your area, then you get deprioritized. If no congestion, you're fine

on tiered data plans, is bingeon available for tmobile's unlimited plans? that "up to 23gb, then reduced speed ahead" will get eaten up with the quickness..
    there are two parts to bingeon

Compression part ("480p" quality) - anyone on any plan can enable/disable this
    Not counting towards data limit - Not sure about this for unlimited plans... as I said, 23GB is just deprioritization, not throttled-at-all-times, same thing that Sprint is doing.

you type that as if it were some complicated scientific thing, which it isn't, if I want to multitask data & voice for an extended period, I'd use hangouts before initiating a call, & *bam*, I have what any vowifiwhatever have in functionality.., short calls, I simply use the native cdma channel.. not hard, or complicated at all..

& ither one, data calls or cdma calls, I'm usually stationary within a given area anyways, I don't usually time travel from one spot to the next while on call, cause usually it's not that serious, & I don't even have to think of whether any hand-off will fail, TO create a drop call..

tell that to a business user... use hangouts and juggle to get data+voice at the same time

most people won't want to juggle things this way. they just want things to work... they want to work the Sprint way? ok....

how about using my mobile device to tether to the laptop, while using hangouts for voice calls video chat, sms, mms, on the laptop, & not missing a beat..? that's the power of decoupling the number from the device..
    well, you can do that on t-mobile too? not seeing why it's sprint specific (unless you're talking about Sprint's Google voice integration

Device(s)
    pixel xl
    Carrier(s)
    google fi
    Feedback Score
    which would be the same case on T-mobile - if there's congestion in your area, then you get deprioritized. If no congestion, you're fine

there are two parts to bingeon

Compression part ("480p" quality) - anyone on any plan can enable/disable this
    Not counting towards data limit - Not sure about this for unlimited plans... as I said, 23GB is just deprioritization, not throttled-at-all-times, same thing that Sprint is doing.

gotcha..

tell that to a business user... use hangouts and juggle to get data+voice at the same time

most people won't want to juggle things this way.
    they just want things to work... they want to work the Sprint way? ok....
    unlock the phone - select an app - to initiate the call, or accept a call from one app, over the other;

you're making it sound more complicated than it is.. it's not *the sprint's way* of doing it, it's what way that works for me, *nothing* that tmobile is offering (or the other carriers IMS offerings) in vowifi has me convinced enough to switch from the set up I already have.. for me, a data call is a data call whether it's via wifi, or lte..

**well, you can do that on t-mobile too?** not seeing why it's sprint specific (unless you're talking about Sprint's Google voice integration
    well dunno, can you do the same with tmobile from an Ethernet, or wifi connection; sms, mms, mobile number calls incoming & outgoing, from a computer, with the mobile device turned off, and taken out of the equation?

just saying, what I have now, I don't see any advantage, nor benefit from other carriers, to make a switch ..

Feedback Score
    Nope, I've never been happier with Sprint.

My T-Mobile days were always dark and gloomy.

Heck, T-Mobile can give me a $200 credit and a free iPhone 6s, I still wouldn't move..
    The Network isn't up to par as what Sprint has in my area

If AT&T and Verizon paid ETF's and gave me a large data bucket for the price I can pay at sprint or t-mobile then I'll move definitely..

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is actually a great deal. Sprint is handing out super low prices to "new" customers while ignoring their current subscribers. It's the perfect time to switch from Sprint to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    This is actually a great deal. Sprint is handing out super low prices to "new" customers while ignoring their current subscribers. It's the perfect time to switch from Sprint to T-Mobile.
    I wonder if there'd be a way to leave Sprint for T-Mobile, collect a bunch of bennies, and come back to Sprint for 1/2 off? Probably get tripped up somewhere along the line.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I wonder if there'd be a way to leave Sprint for T-Mobile, collect a bunch of bennies, and come back to Sprint for 1/2 off? Probably get tripped up somewhere along the line.
    If someone switched and chose a universal phone, like the newest iPhone or Nexus 6... they would then be free to go to whichever provider they'd like without having to worry about phone compatibility.

I think that most people joining T-Mobile will be extremely happy with both the affordability AND quality. Sprint still has a long way to go to deliver a better product.

It's a great time to try T-Mobile. This is a VERY good offer. Especially if you're bringing a family or business lines.

Wow, using GV as a workaround for Sprints lack of a modern feature on its shoddy network sounds like a pain. No thank you, I'll just use VoLTE while Sprint once again uses Duct Tape solutions.

Also, I think you don't understand how Binge On works. If you're on a LIMITED plan it's a great option to have. You flip a switch and in exchange for watching videos in lower resolution... it doesn't count toward your data. If you're on an UNLIMITED plan... you can turn it on or off, it doesn't really matter. It may extend the 23gb deprioritization by not having data count. Sprint has the SAME deprioritization. I have never experienced it on T-Mobile and I'm sure most people don't ever get their speeds reduced.

This is a great opportunity for people to leave their dysfunctional Sprint phones behind and join a real LTE network over at T-Mobile.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast