Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wants to switch? T-Mobile offers Sprint customersextra $200 credit to switch

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjnoz View Post
    Same this is my area here, It's a no brainier to keep Sprint..

Doesn't matter what T-Mobile throws I'm not moving away from Sprint
    that's fine....

but it's good to encourage T-mobile/competition... do you think you'll get all these wonderful promos (from sprint/verizon/att) if t-mobile wasn't pushing forward?

Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    It's obviously higher than Bell, Telus, Rogers, Telcel, Movistar, etc.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

not necessarily.... T-mobile could be doing reciprocal roaming with foreign networks (or balance billing)

there won't be too much reciprocal roaming going on with AT&T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    They could at least provide basic talk and text, cut data completely out. I find it hard to believe AT&T is going to be significantly higher for roaming, than Verizon is for roaming.
    roaming on Verizon is not an option for T Mobile what does that got to do with anything? Yes AT&T is charging an arm and a leg specifically because they do not want to help they're up and coming GSM competitor, and under the American so-called free market they can charge whatever they like for whatever reason.
    The other factor is T Mobile does not want to be sending any revenue to their 800 pound gorilla nemesis.
    Bottom line is any subscribers that really need the extra geographic coverage should get directly onto the network of one of the duopoly, even if it means carrying a backup cheap dumb phone on a low cost MVNO for occasional usage when needed.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Or Page Plus if you don't want to pay VZ directly. They have a Huawei cheap burner phone that can be had for $10.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Definitely thinking of switching to Tmo here in Sarasota. Currently have 5 SERO lines @$50 each per. Can get 5 lines on Tmo for $160 w/6gb on each line. Even adding additional for phone costs, Tmo has better, cheaper phone selection and equal coverage here. Plus $1000 for switching and we never go over 5gb data per month. Rollover and Binge On is just icing. Trying to think of a good reason not to move, but I can't.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemek View Post
    T-Mobile has announced a new deal to get Sprint customers to make the switch. For a limited time Sprint customers switching to T-Mobile will get an extra $200 bill credit per line, on top of the up to $650 per line that T-Mobile covers for early termination fees or phone payment balances.

Anyone wants to switch?

Details:
    Link

Yes, I have a relative in NYC that is switching from her original SERO 500 + Premium plan to T-Mobile Unlimited LTE (joining a family plan).

I have a friend in SoCal on the $70 Unlimited LTE plan that is thinking of switching as well... but probably will wait for the iPhone 7 to come out first. She says Sprint's "data speed" on her iPhone 5S is fine until she gets out of WiFi range, then it has trouble loading YouTube or Netflix videos (buffering every 30 seconds... up to 3 minutes wait at low quality). I tried to explain that "data speed" isn't the same as "WiFi speed", but I give up...

EDIT: I forgot to add, the "Switch From Sprint" $200 promotion ends SUNDAY, 12/6/15.
    - Chokaay

Feedback Score
    Made the switch yesterday. We get $1000 credit for switching 5 lines over, my wife got a new 6s 128gb for the price of 64gb (ATT deal) and 2 new LG V10's (not available on Sprint), I had 2 OnePlus One's and a G2 ready to use, so 6 lines total with 6gb on each for $237 per month. Down from $285 on Sprint with the extra Cricket line. No longer have to worry about the threat of losing my subbed phones or feeling like a stepchild for having our grandfathered plans. This was the deal that made me jump.

Feedback Score

Anyone wants to switch? T-Mobile offers Sprint customersextra $200 credit to ...

The deal really ends today? The print didn't say when it ends tho. Also does this apply to single line accounts or no if it's just me changing?

Feedback Score
    Yes, the offer does end on the 6th. An odd thing, when I tried to port one of my Sprint lines over to T-mobile, Sprint flat out denied the port. They said the line was not eligible to be ported. Have any of you guys heard of this? I always thought that carriers couldn't deny number portability requests. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Some carriers try to require that the line be paid up and in good standing, however FCC regulations definitely state otherwise. Do the research on how to file an FCC complaint and then let them know you're about to do so, and if they don't let it go immediately do so, them having to pay lawyers tends to get their attention pretty quickly

Feedback Score
    Thing is, the entire account is in "good standing." I called Sprint and was told there is a "speed bump" associated with SWAC, EPRP and SERO accounts making those lines unportable. I was told it's a "known issue." However, I find that explanation questionable because there are other numbers on the same account which aren't restricted. The Rep. stated she would change the account type temporarily and then switch it back before the end of her shift. She said, the line would be portable once we ended the call. Yet, the line is still restricted from being ported.

On another note, I question how she'll be able to go back into my account and reverse the changes. I didn't know Reps. could just access a customer's account at will. What I do know is that T-Mobile's promo ends tonight and Sprint is preventing me from taking advantage of it.

Feedback Score
    So let them know you're just about to file an FCC complaint in the morning. Ask to be escalated, don't take no for an answer

Feedback Score
    When attempting the port, T-Mobile is still telling me they get a warning that says, "Service area not available for porting." Also, when I go HERE and input the number, I continue to get this:

Name:  notportable.JPG
Views: 188
Size:  18.9 KB

As much as I hate calling Sprint and navigating through the numerous prompts, I will try again. Will update.

Feedback Score
    So what makes you think it is sprint refusing to release the number? Looks to me like it might be a matter of T Mobile not sharing a CLEC in that rate center.
    Create a ring to account and see if it will allow you to port the number in. You don't have to actually complete the port just do it for testing and then cancel through the website interface, takes have a couple of days to process it any way you would get an email notice of the exact time of transfer in advance.

Feedback Score
    If you are in an area without native T-Mobile service but have a number from that area code you are trying to port in, it won't work. For example, a Minnesota area code trying to transfer into USCC won't work because USCC doesn't offer service in Minnesota. Same applies to Tmo if you are trying to port a number in where they have no service. A bit weird for "national carriers" but it still exists. If you want the credit to switch I'm assuming they would still honor it as long as you prove you are switching over.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    So what makes you think it is sprint refusing to release the number? Looks to me like it might be a matter of T Mobile not sharing a CLEC in that rate center.
    Create a ring to account and see if it will allow you to port the number in. You don't have to actually complete the port just do it for testing and then cancel through the website interface, takes have a couple of days to process it any way you would get an email notice of the exact time of transfer in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by thxdude21 View Post
    If you are in an area without native T-Mobile service but have a number from that area code you are trying to port in, it won't work. For example, a Minnesota area code trying to transfer into USCC won't work because USCC doesn't offer service in Minnesota. Same applies to Tmo if you are trying to port a number in where they have no service. A bit weird for "national carriers" but it still exists. If you want the credit to switch I'm assuming they would still honor it as long as you prove you are switching over.
    Thanks guys. UPDATE: Mission Accomplished.

HansCT: I was attempting the port by speaking with T-Mobile. T-Mobile kept insisting the process was being blocked by Sprint. Also, as previously stated, Sprint Rep. told me there was a "known issue" which she could bypass thereby allowing the port out. Hence, my belief that the problem was originating from Sprint's end. Finally, after a call to Sprint's porting department, I was told that the line was blocked from port out because it was under contract (it most assuredly is not).

thxdude21: Your post pointed me in the right direction. After conferencing with both Sprint (877-503-3269) and T-Mobile (877-789-3106) porting departments, it was not Sprint causing the problem. As you stated, it was the number (Nebraska area code) that caused the problem. Change of number on Sprint's website will make it portable.

Again, Thanks, you two.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast