Thread: My SERO Contract is Up in January - Can I Still Get a Subsidized Phone?

Feedback Score

My SERO Contract is Up in January - Can I Still Get a Subsidized Phone?

Haven't looked at this for a while. If I look on the Sprint website as a new customer, I see only non-subsidized phones without contract.

Can I still get a subsidized phone with a two-year contract on SERO? If yes, how do I see that pricing?

Feedback Score
    Yes you can still get a subsidized phone.
    One way is over Tele-Sales which I don't like at all.
    The better way is to go to a corporate store like radio shack and talk directly with the sprint representative in the store.
    I just got my note5 subsidized with the 2yr contract. It can happen that they change your sero contract to the $60.-- unlimited minutes and data plus free roaming on Verizon.
    It worked for me. ATT's price is the same just more money for data. Verizon is crazy concerning monthly rates and out of question.
    T-mobile is out of qestion too, as they have no rural coverage which I need.
    just make certain that the radio shack store is a corporate sprint store. Not all of them are.
    You also have to ask for the sprint rep
    hope it works out for you.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Maybe

As SERO customers (at least in my area) we've had to play a game to get phone upgrades and keep our plan. The game is to call in to Sprint (not go to store- although maybe that option exists now- don't know). We get someone to process the upgrade with repeated instruction not to change our plan at all. In some cases, entering my cell # at the beginning of the call gets me to the group that can do this. In other cases, I've googled for the 800 number for employee sales (SERO started as an employee only offer).

In every event, I've had to be patient and try more than once to get what I wanted and eventually got it. Since I only play this game about once every two years I accept the hassle for the reduced monthly cost of my plan and features.

One month ago, when I logged into my SERO web account - it showed eligible for upgrade and would show me 2 yr contract pricing. Today it shows eligible for upgrade, but the 2 year pricing is not displaying. Literally showing a 2Yr price window which is blank. Don't know what that means-- one-off technical glitch, or if the option is going or has gone. If it were me I'd still call to see what's possible.

It's Christmas time, they want to make their numbers. If it's possible for them, my guess is that they'll allow it.

-Dan

PS: Since the carriers make more money else-ways, this year may be the last subsidized upgrade we SERO customers see. Don't know. They are clearly trying to move away from 2 yr contracts.
    Last edited by dalbrich; 12-16-2015 at 09:02 PM.
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like the offer for leasing would be the $60 unlimited SERO+ $15/month net credit, right?

Anyone received any credit staying on the $50 plan?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    A few weeks ago I was able to upgrade via the Sprint website. I have a SERO 500 plan with the $10 data charge. I got a subsidized phone with no issues at all. It was the first time I've been able to do that without calling.
    This is not Nam, this is bowling, there are rules.

Feedback Score
    You can still do 2-year contracts in store if you're an existing customer.