Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1900

Thread: "Unlimitedville Unlimited Sprint Hotspot Plans for $42.99/month" 2-year contract Bus.

Feedback Score
    Be prepared to break the little switch inside of the port if you make your own out of wire. It would still work for exterior antennas but the internal one might not work anymore. The switch is very fragile in there and the wrong size wire could bend it to get stuck open at all times.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking about getting the 4gcommunity plan, but they stick you with a Franklin also. Can you hack the SIM into working on the Netgear 6100D also or does the workaround only function with the MC aircard?
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hechtagon View Post
    RE my antenna port, I'm going to make some from some brass tubing and brass wire, with either epoxy or silicone to hold it together. Then I'll solder it to some coax and attach that to my antennas, which I also plan to make. I see the leads you mentioned selling for $20 to $120, and they may not be correct. I could buy an mc745 for that. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

So far, I'm pleased with my speeds. I made a parabolic reflector and placed the r850 at the focal point. I live in the country, and down the road I got 22Mb/s with this setup. Here at home I get 7Mb/s through a wall, so I'm optimistic about things once I get things set up how I want.
    Hi Hecktagon, so did you find the working antenna ports on R850? I have it as well and curious if i can increase signal strength. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cititechs View Post
    So my latest update . I was able to create the profiles so I can lock into Band25 since Band 41 isn't in my area yet.

In addition my TP-LINK still couldn't detect /dev/ttyUSBX ports. However I have a mofi4500 4GxeLTE V1 and I was able to plug in the card into mPCI-E port and it could detect /dev/ttyUSBX and I could talk to it over screens.

I don't plan on using my Mofi with MC7455 so I am thinking as you stated my TP-LINK doesn't pump out enough power for the "Oley Mini PCI-E WWAN Adapter" Or maybe I need a different USB adapter.

So my next steps is to order a 2.0 USB HUB with power.

Also the frequent disconnects still occur. Thinking its related to Power. Will know more once I receive the USB HUB.

You can check if tp link has basic usb package installed? I have the same problem with wl-500w. Please use this link to download:
    wiki.openwrt dot org/doc/howto/usb.essentials

Device(s)
    Galaxy Core Prime, TF700 w/custom rom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    @tdung1983,
    It's taking a while to get the connectors right, I don't want to rush things. I'll post as soon as I know what's what.
    With a little help I'll eventually be a novice.

Feedback Score
    I've got the mc7455 setup just running with skylight in windows for now, but am wondering about doing a mimo setup. I have a couple 2.4 ghz 24dbi antennas that I hooked up to the main and aux antenna ports because i'm assuming to run mimo you would have to do that.

I've tried to do band locking onto 41 and 26 but it wont connect to anything other than band 25. Here's what I have right now

Send:AT!GSTATUS?

Recieve: AT!GSTATUS?
    Recieve: !GSTATUS:
    Recieve: Current Time: 97603 Temperature: 29
    Recieve: Reset Counter: 2 Mode: ONLINE
    Recieve: System mode: LTE PS state: Attached
    Recieve: LTE band: B25 LTE bw: 5 MHz
    Recieve: LTE Rx chan: 8665 LTE Tx chan: 26665
    Recieve: LTE CA state: NOT ASSIGNED
    Recieve: EMM state: Registered Normal Service
    Recieve: RRC state: RRC Connected
    Recieve: IMS reg state: No Srv
    Recieve: PCC RxM RSSI: -80 RSRP (dBm): -99
    Recieve: PCC RxD RSSI: -98 RSRP (dBm): -140
    Recieve: Tx Power: -6 TAC: 5608 (22024)
    Recieve: RSRQ (dB): -10.5 Cell ID: 0AC1A201 (180462081)
    Recieve: SINR (dB): 7.0
    Recieve: OK

Apparently these antennas have about 7 degrees of play in them to pick up a signal properly. I dont think I have los of the tower, at least one with sprint equipment. Are 2.4 ghz antennas going to be ok with band 41? Or am I just not orienting them properly with the 45% spacing?
    Last edited by workshop35; 12-06-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    The 2.4 antennas should be fine to get band 41. I'm personally using 2 wimax pannel antennas tuned for 2.5ghz. I get a -94 signal and carrier aggregation from 15 miles away. 50mbps speeds also. But I am close to LOS. I can get band 41 from the non LOS closer towers too but they are slower so I choose the further away tower. I dont know which usb wwan pci-e adapter you got but if it's the one in the aluminum case it has a opposite gender sma. Look at the insides of both the cable and the adapter to see if one of them is male on the inside. I had 2 females but it fit and I didn't realize it was the wrong adapter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ih8Greg View Post
    The 2.4 antennas should be fine to get band 41. I'm personally using 2 wimax pannel antennas tuned for 2.5ghz. I get a -94 signal and carrier aggregation from 15 miles away. 50mbps speeds also. But I am close to LOS. I can get band 41 from the non LOS closer towers too but they are slower so I choose the further away tower. I dont know which usb wwan pci-e adapter you got but if it's the one in the aluminum case it has a opposite gender sma. Look at the insides of both the cable and the adapter to see if one of them is male on the inside. I had 2 females but it fit and I didn't realize it was the wrong adapter.
    What wimax panel antennas are you using? I'm 3.5 miles from a tower but no LOS. I'm also looking to buy the MC7455 from here:
    https://techship.com/products/sierra...7455-lte-cat6/ Anyone ever bought from this place? It's the cheapest I can find the card. Still haven't decided what I'm going to stuff it into yet though. I have the pocket wifi device, which works but the ping and dropped signal make it a nightmare to do anything requiring upload.

Feedback Score
    Mine didn't come in a case, its just the bare card. I'll double check the genders but I'm 99% sure they're correct.

the connectors on the adapters from the antennas to the mc7455 are female to match the male receptacles. I should be able to get the antennas mounted on the roof this weekend so hopefully that will help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ServerSide View Post
    What wimax panel antennas are you using? I'm 3.5 miles from a tower but no LOS. I'm also looking to buy the MC7455 from here:
    Anyone ever bought from this place? It's the cheapest I can find the card. Still haven't decided what I'm going to stuff it into yet though. I have the pocket wifi device, which works but the ping and dropped signal make it a nightmare to do anything requiring upload.
    his panel antennas are linked on page 110, I don't have enough posts yet or I'd link it to you. I got my mc7455 from aliexpress like cali did, and it took over 2 weeks to show up. I'm not sure how long shipping from sweden would take, or what kinds of extra fees would be imposed. But for what its worth, there's at least two people who can verify that the aliexpress cards are legit.

Feedback Score
    Here are my most updated instructions for setting up the mc7455 with a router using sprint. Changeso can be made for any other carrier.

You will need a usb wwan pci-e adapter with a sim slot. Search amazon and several will pop up. There are some with cases and some are just the board. If you get the one in the case make sure to note the antenna conections. Some are SMA and some are RP-SMA connections. If you buy the board only you will need to get the antenna whips seperate.

Leave the mc7455 in generic firmware, do not use the sprint firmware. It will not work. Sprint does not provision this device for us so it must remain in generic mode.

Download the mac7455 windows drivers from sierra wireless website.

http://source.sierrawireless.com/dev...series/mc7455/

1. Download huawei terminal https://3ginfo.ru/downloads95.html
    Connect mc7455 to computer. Conect to the modem port and type. ati then hit enter. If it gives out modem info your good, if not repeat on a different port.

2. Run on mc7455. (make sure your apn is r.ispsn, if not change it below)

AT!entercnd="A710"
    AT!USBCOMP=1,1,1009
    AT+cgdcont=1,"IP","r.ispsn"

That will put it in mbim mode and add the apn to the mc7455

3. See if your router is in any of the v8 or v9 folders. If so flash the firmware and go to step 5. If not download the latest lede or openwrt chaos calmer 15.05.1 for your router and flash it and proceed to step 4. (You will need an active internet conection to the router in order to install the packages manually)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...2RBdVNveWx1bDQ
    (I'm using v9 and never replaced my mbim.sh file. It's working fine for me. I heard v8 is better. You can try them as you wish.) Mbim.sh file here http://www.lteforum.at/attachments/reconnect-zip.6000/

4. Install these packages.

Opkg update

Opkg install umbim kmod-usb-net-cdc-mbim kmod-usb-net-sierrawireless kmod-usb-serial-wwan kmod usb serial-sierrawireless kmod usb serial-qualcomm

Also install comgt and screen and watchcat

5. Download winscp. https://winscp.net/eng/docs/installation
    Connect to your router using SCP and replace the mbim.sh file with the one in the link.

Its at /lib/netifd/proto/mbim.sh

Right click and check the file after you swap it to make sure it's executable. It should show an x next to x for executable. If not, click the boxes to put the x's in there.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...2RBdVNveWx1bDQ
    (Again, I never replaced mine but it works, you may need to replace yours if your router wasn't on the pre built list)

6. Once done with the firmware and packages use putty terminal and connect to your router.
    http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

Root is the user name and password is what you chose as the password.
    Run the following commands. (r.ispsn is the apn for unlimitedville sprint devices. You guys using 4gcommunity or something else will need to confirm its the same apn. If not just change it below.

uci del network.wan
    uci set network.wan=interface
    uci set network.wan.proto=mbim
    uci set network.wan.device=/dev/cdc-wdm0
    uci set network.wan.apn=r.ispsn
    uci set network.wan.username=
    uci set network.wan.password=
    uci commit network
    reboot

That will put you online.

Plug the modem into the 2.0 usb port. Not the 3.0 port.

If you want to lock bands do this.

This is to set up band 41 25 and 26 locking.

You need to ssh into your router, after you enter the user name and password enter this without quotes
    "screen /dev/ttyUSB1". If usb1 doesn't work try USB2

OK, what you're going to need to do is define band 41 25 and 26 in the band list.

To do that, run the following commands with the quotes and all:

at!entercnd="A710"

at!band=0d,"Sprint (All)",0,10003000000

at!band=0a,"B41",0,10000000000

at!band=0b,"B25",0,00001000000

at!band=0c,"B26",0,00002000000

To lock to band 41, run:

at!band=0a

to lock 25 run:

at!band=0b

and so on

Custom commands can be used to switch bands and show status directly from the router. You will need the luci app commands package installed.

Place the attached files into /etc/gcom in winscp

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y39e18fer...KzB8iDlYa?dl=0

in luci under system /custom commands/ configure put in a description such as "Lock Band 41" then use this command
    gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB1 -s /etc/gcom/Band41

"Lock Band 25" then
    gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB1 -s /etc/gcom/Band25

and so on for each file using the correct capitalization.

again im not sure which usb your modem is on so you may need to change it.

I set up watchcat for disconects. I set it up for 45 sec. It pings google every 15 sec and reboots if there is no internet for 45 sec.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Seems like a lot of trouble to configure these mc7455 to work, I was told you can call Sprint up or sign up for a mysprint account with the phone number of the hotspot and do an ESN swap online to move the SIM elsewhere.

Have people already tried this and failed? I'm getting a 4gcommunity hotspot soon and will be trying to use it in my 6100D. Right now when I play the SIM switch game with a freedompop SIM it works and connects for a few minutes then something boots it off and it cannot get back on without a power-cycle. I pulled the logs but don't really see much, FP should give me the MSL so I can change advanced settings and maybe keep it from getting kicked off.

Feedback Score
    The unlimited plans with sprint will not let you swap sims with a better device. Even calling them they won't do it. It will boot you off within seconds. The only way around it is running a non branded device in generic mode to hide the device from sprint.

Setting the mc7455 up on a router took 5 minutes if you have one of the routers in the precompiled list. Its literally 2 copy and paste scripts. I added other stuff like band locking too and that is just moving a couple folders. It can all be done in less than 10 min. Not much trouble. Even with a openwrt img its just one extra copy and paste script.

Feedback Score
    Also lede firmware is preferred and it must be athe least a 4.4 kernel.

Feedback Score
    Also lede firmware is preferred and it must be athe least a 4.4 kernel.
    Is there a way to upgrade the firmware? When its in the mofi4500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 115 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast