Thread: So long Wind!

Feedback Score

So long Wind!

Just made the switch from Wind to Cricket (with free Canadian roaming, including LTE). Already works much better! Good luck to everyone on Wind I hope the service gets better cause the price is really good!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damus990 View Post
    Just made the switch from Wind to Cricket (with free Canadian roaming, including LTE). Already works much better! Good luck to everyone on Wind I hope the service gets better cause the price is really good!
    Did you drop your Canadian Wind line and get a US line on Cricket or are you saying you transferred your Canadian phone number to Cricket?
    -----
    Your choices are yours and I do not criticize you for them.
    My choices are mine, please do not criticize me for my choices.
    -----
    Any comments I make are made to further any conversation that is happening and should not be taken as an attack or belittlement of anyone, unless I specifically say so.
    -----
    I dislike all politicians and lawyers equally.

Feedback Score
    Got a us line... Can't transfer it to Cricket I wish though

Feedback Score
    Got a us line... Can't transfer it to Cricket I wish though
    You could have ported your Canadian number to fongo.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I thought about getting cricket or t-mobile too and forwarding my number to a clip service. Unfortunately decided against it because according to the TOS of those companies, 55% or so of the usage needs to be in the US every month.

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Voip service *

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Data Access Plus Unlimited Talk & Text to and from Mexico, Canada and the U.S... 50% U.S. usage required.
    Yepp.. looks like you cant use this service in Canada unless you are mostly spending time in the US.
    WIND: Everywhere 50
    Unlimited CA/US Call, MMS, 11gb Data, 2400 min US/CA Roaming w/1gb Data

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syzuie View Post
    Yepp.. looks like you cant use this service in Canada unless you are mostly spending time in the US.
    Seems to be the same on all roaming contracts, you have to spend more than half the time on the home network, usually averaged over three months, is what I've usually seen mentioned.

How does that work exactly though? Is it based on time roaming or percentage of usage in call minutes, data in GB or texts? I understand the concept, just not the calculations.

If you are out of your home network for a month but hardly use the phone and then go back to your home network for a week and use the phone a lot, does that cancel out the time outside of the home network? Just curious is all, I'm not doing a lot of roaming, none that I'm aware of on Wind in 5-3/4 years.

Feedback Score
    Cricket plans are great. Wish we had that in Canada...

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABWagner View Post
    Seems to be the same on all roaming contracts, you have to spend more than half the time on the home network, usually averaged over three months, is what I've usually seen mentioned.

How does that work exactly though? Is it based on time roaming or percentage of usage in call minutes, data in GB or texts? I understand the concept, just not the calculations.

If you are out of your home network for a month but hardly use the phone and then go back to your home network for a week and use the phone a lot, does that cancel out the time outside of the home network? Just curious is all, I'm not doing a lot of roaming, none that I'm aware of on Wind in 5-3/4 years.
    The exact wording interests me. If your non-U.S. usage exceeds your U.S. usage for three consecutive months. You suggest it's averaged, but does it explicitly say that? I'm wondering if, so long as you rack up a bunch of usage at least once every three billing cycles, whether you could fly under the radar otherwise.

Doesn't matter to me, as my Canadian plan (Rogers Small Business flex data) is better than Cricket once you adjust for currency exchange. And I prefer the convenience of a Canadian number over a U.S. number. I go to the U.S. rather rarely, so using a U.S. number all the time would be a pain.
    Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM -- SIM slot 1: Rogers (small business flex data) -- SIM slot 2: Public Mobile ($120/12GB/90 day plan)

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Wind on HMP2010
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    The exact wording interests me. If your non-U.S. usage exceeds your U.S. usage for three consecutive months. You suggest it's averaged, but does it explicitly say that? I'm wondering if, so long as you rack up a bunch of usage at least once every three billing cycles, whether you could fly under the radar otherwise.

Doesn't matter to me, as my Canadian plan (Rogers Small Business flex data) is better than Cricket once you adjust for currency exchange. And I prefer the convenience of a Canadian number over a U.S. number. I go to the U.S. rather rarely, so using a U.S. number all the time would be a pain.
    Never looked, thought that I read averaged. Could be three months max. Dunno. I don't see myself visiting the US anytime soon. I'd have to get a passport, mine expired a few years ago. As said, just curious.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are you roaming in Canada with it? or were you one of those people that used the WIND line in USA more than they used it in Canada?

Feedback Score
    We live in the USA right in the boarder so we're close to the bridge. About half and half for us....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hurdle View Post
    The exact wording interests me.
    The exact wording rarely matters. Since nearly all of these agreements allow for the telco to modify the wording of the agreement at any time the specific point you are exploiting may still get you cancelled.

What you really want are the finances. They'll never kick out a customer who generates even the smallest of profits.

Device(s)
    Wind $15 Talk&Text AITF, TMo $30 Walmart 5GB, R+ 3k-3k-3k
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, WindMo, R+
    Feedback Score
    So long, wind indeed.

You've served me well on the AITF 15, Holiday Miracle 40, then the Irresistible 35, before i ported the number to fongo, which is US google voice forwarded (grandfathered from grand central) after moving south of the border. I'm now on T-Mobile's simple choice plan that also includes unlimited voice/data on Canada and Mexico's carriers with free text and 2g data worldwide, though I do still keep one Wind plan active.