Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who would make a good CEO for Sprint?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Who would make a good CEO for Sprint?

Let's face it, by almost any measure Sprint has had two of the worst CEO's in a row. Who do you think would be a good CEO that could fix Sprint?

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Fred G. Sanford
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    Two? I think they've had more than that in a row. Did you forget Gary Forsee?

Feedback Score
    Marc Cuban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Kathy Ireland

Device(s)
    Sprint iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Donald Trump

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brett91364 View Post
    Let's face it, by almost any measure Sprint has had two of the worst CEO's in a row. Who do you think would be a good CEO that could fix Sprint?
    In what way is the current CEO failing? And if that were true can you explain why the guy that owns 75% of Sprint stock isn't acting on it?

Feedback Score
    Here we gooo. Robiatti.

Feedback Score
    Duplicate Post.

Feedback Score
    I think the current guy is doing just fine.

Feedback Score
    Maybe wait till this quarters results. Penetration Rates hit 100p in the U.S. If you were paying him 400k a year, he's doing fine. For his pay he should be netting 500k postpaid and 500k prepaid phone customers minimum per quarter. Sprint is cutting the margins down to nothing and attracting Groupon Style bargain basement shoppers. The take rates are the highest on the greatest value plans (ie $20 for unlimited). If your not netting 500k with this, and you factor in most of these "value" shoppers leave with any rate increase, you are setting yourself up for a problem down the road. The restructure and right sizing of this business is going to scare the crap out of current employees and the ones with options will leave. For Gods Sake, hire Braxton from TMO to be your CEO. He's the brains over there. He understands Prepaid (Sprint's prepaid team is out to lunch). He takes the same methodology and applied it to postpaid. He is underpaid.
    Last edited by MoreSpeed; 12-21-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Feedback Score
    Bring Hesse back. At least he appreciated the existing customers. With SoftBanks bank account, Hesse would have been great. New guy only wants new customers and runs off existing customers. I know I couldn't pass up Tmo's $200 per line offer. Tired of feeling like a 2nd class citizen at Sprint.

Feedback Score
    I actually think Marcelo is doing a great job right now. Hesse was good but he wasn't proactive enough in this ever changing market.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The reason CEO's aren't just fired after a couple of quarters of losses is simple economics. No "qualified" person would take over a sinking ship unless they were guaranteed of large bags of cash regardless of the final outcome. This is where it gets complicated. Sure Marcelo can put a lot of spin and PR on quarter after quarter of losses, but just like Hesse, the board will cut their losses, well the investors' losses. At some point it's cheaper to pay the golden parachute and roil investors for a few days than to drag out losses every quarter. The way it's going I'm sure the same thing will happen: Marcelo will bleed them dry and ride off into the sunset On his golden parachute.

The thing that puzzles me is Softbank's strategy, or lack there of. For all the strategic bets they've taken this one has been one large clusterphuck. Don't get me wrong it's fixable but the whole approach of work with what you have just isn't cutting it: you need money to make money (invest money to make money).

Feedback Score
    Boy this group is filled with expert business analysts. Which billion dollar companies do you each run?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast