Thread: PTEL Carrier: Purchase Airtime PIN vs Purchase Cash Top Up

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

PTEL Carrier: Purchase Airtime PIN vs Purchase Cash Top Up

What is the difference between PTEL's "Purchase Airtime PIN" and "Purchase Cash Top Up"? They both look like they add airtime. Is there some difference in how they work?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe the latter is for top ups for data and international calling usage, as opposed to the base plan.

$10 top up buys 6 days of service and 10 MB data, $20 13 days and 20 MB data, $30 buys 20 days and 30 MB data, $45 buys 30 days and 150 MB data.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Doesn't seem to be really great value, especially since the same kind of deals can be had if not better on the AT&T network.

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2012...umtel.html?m=1

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    HansCT,

Getting the same or better deal in the AT&T Network is an interesting consideration.

Here is what it looks like inside my account:

Name:  ptel 1.png
Views: 137
Size:  241.6 KB

There is an option to purchase Airtime PIN and an option to purchase Cash Top-Up. But I don't know why I would purchase either one over the other because I don't understand the difference(s).

Can anybody explain?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I finally figured out how to ask PTEL's customer service. It is not so hard, once I found it. I got an official answer from PTEL to the question of this thread:

Thank you for contacting PTel Mobile. Essentially, the only difference is Airtime PINs are predesignated amounts (i.e. 10, 20, 30 etc). When needing to change plans, or simply add a difference from a remaining balance to restore service, this is why we offer the option of cash top ups. (These payments can range anywhere from 10 to 200 and anything in between.)

So, I suppose I would use the Airtime PINs unless I want more granularity of payment amounts. Even so, there seems to be no reason to favor one over the other except for what seems convenient.