Thread: Glitch or mistake? Asking $15 rebate but got full purchase price refunded.

Feedback Score

Glitch or mistake? Asking $15 rebate but got full purchase price refunded.

Hi,

I ordered $99 for the 400min/year on Christmas Eve on www.tracfone.com. It did not give me the $15 discount, so I called TracFone. The operator checked the web and tried to give me refund. After one failure, she said she did it and gave me a long confirmation number.

After New Year, when I check my credit card activities, I found she refunded the whole $105.32(tax included) to me.

From one of the lists here, I now know that the discount is not for smartphone. Maybe that's why the system blocked her to make the $15 discount for me.

The minutes X3 still in my account. I plan to call them again to see if they like to charge me again or take the minutes away.

This kind of glitch is fun.

Happy New Year!

Jinhu

Feedback Score
    You are really asking for trouble contacting tracfone customer service when it is not absolutely necessary. If you are trying to be super honest that is very admirable, but in this case I would advise against it.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HansCT View Post
    If you are trying to be super honest that is very admirable, but in this case I would advise against it.
    Aren't you the one who wants to call TF and tell them to fix the extra days glitch?

Feedback Score
    no, I accept their gifts most gladly

Feedback Score
    Ok, I will do the same, accept it as Christmas gift.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Aren't you the one who wants to call TF and tell them to fix the extra days glitch?
    no, I accept their gifts most gladly
    HansCT,
    You did make a post recently that gave me the same impression hpham got.
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Stardust, LG Sunrise, Hydro Vibe
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, RingPlus, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    When a rep does something nice for you, it's unwise (and a **** move) to potentially get them in trouble by trying to have their generosity overturned.

This is why we can't have good customer support.

Feedback Score
    OK, my fault. Listen learned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    HansCT,
    You did make a post recently that gave me the same impression hpham got.
    perhaps I worded something imprecisely, but I can't imagine the scenario where I would think anything like that. I do believe I said if anyone was manipulating the system intentionally to get freebies that would be deserving of perhaps getting knocked off the service drama someone was talking about actually getting prosecuted was that the context? Anyway I certainly wouldn't want them to fix those glitches anytime soon, it is all part of the charm

Device(s)
    Galaxy Stardust, LG Sunrise, Hydro Vibe
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, RingPlus, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    if anyone was manipulating the system intentionally to get freebies that would be deserving of perhaps getting knocked off the service
    Tying consequences to "perceived intent" rather than "actual harm done" is a slippery slope to Tracfone acting on their own wild-eyed claims that anyone buying airtime from a reseller is trying to put them out of business.

The issue is that if the person claims otherwise, you couldn't really prove otherwise.

With that said, systems are meant to be gamed.

Feedback Score
    You are really asking for trouble contacting tracfone customer service when it is not absolutely necessary. If you are trying to be super honest that is very admirable, but in this case I would advise against it.
    Super honest? Is that the same as being super pregnant? Sorry pal, but there is no such thing as super honest. You're either honest or you're not. You have integrity or you don't.
    The responses in this thread don't surprise me from what I've seen/read on this site over the years. But then, some of you wouldn't know what the word integrity meant if it bit you in the a$$.
    If any of you clowns got overcharged a single dollar from tracfone you'd be on that phone to CS in a heartbeat. But turn it around & everyone finds compelling "reasons" to look the other way. How laughable.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=LygerZero;16332

With that said, systems are meant to be gamed.[/QUOTE]

Really? Where is that written? I must have missed it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    Super honest? Is that the same as being super pregnant? Sorry pal, but there is no such thing as super honest. You're either honest or you're not. You have integrity or you don't.
    The responses in this thread don't surprise me from what I've seen/read on this site over the years. But then, some of you wouldn't know what the word integrity meant if it bit you in the a$$.
    If any of you clowns got overcharged a single dollar from tracfone you'd be on that phone to CS in a heartbeat. But turn it around & everyone finds compelling "reasons" to look the other way. How laughable.
    you are absolutely correct, and have made me feel ashamed

Device(s)
    Moto E815, W766, LG A340, etc...
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, PagePlus Cellular, PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    DennyT,
    I am surprised that you are so naive! You have been around since 2011 and believe Tracfone (TF) is deserving of some "honesty"?

I have been screwed by TF without any explanation on their part- they just stopped my service. Period. Twice.

Thats when I switched to PagePlus. I even had trouble porting my number to the new TF LG100 prior to porting to PagePlus. It took two attempts at porting my number out of TF to get to PagePlus. And now American Móvil owns PP!

Yeah, they really are nice people, especially their incompetent Customer Service Dept! The LOSS PREVENTION Dept. is a close second in lack of competency!

Have you ever used TF?

Personally, I am reluctant to stay with PagePlus (PP) since they have been purchased by American Móvil, the parent company of TF.

And no, I do not pursue TF or PP for a dollar or two mistake on their part. Sincé PP has come under American Móvil, they do NOT answer USPS certified letters, just like TF!

Customers are disposable to them.
    Please run a "SEARCH" before posting your question!