Thread: Which background services can be restricted on cellular data

Feedback Score

Which background services can be restricted on cellular data

Doing simple google search and read articles doesn't require the you tube app,google play store,google +, motorola checkin&update services(that can be done on wi-fi). Unless I actually want to watch a you tube video I suppose leave background on.But what would it hurt? Google Now? Not sure if I need any of those running in the background while on cellular data if I just want to find a store or eatery, Location services left on would solve that. Anyone tried this in order to save cellular data and didn't mind it?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I find one of the best ways to cut down on background data is to not install certain apps. Facebook is at the top of the list. Next comes any TV station's weather app and for some strange reason, the Walgreens app. These all seem to want to do way too much stuff in the background. Essentially, anything I can accomplish via a web browser, I won't install an app to do.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    No Facebook or app eaters here. I just want the internet browser. I think I burn almost 1 Mb for every 2 Mb used just in background services That I mentioned. The option is there on every app to disable background data on cellular and allow forefront data.