Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The dreaded Tracfone BYOP 'Could not activate cellular data network'

Feedback Score

OMG after hours of frustration This worked instantly!! Tears of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by brian577 View Post
    Finally found a fix that worked for me. Found an APN profile on Tracfone's website. Worked immediately. ivzwentp.tracfone.com/ I'm on a Verizon iPhone CDMA. I'm convinced Tracfone has the worst customer service, they should have been sending me to their own website! One representative tried to convince me I needed to have my phone serviced. They're lucky they are so cheap.
    I know it's been a while since you posted this but it is golden. Yesterday I added more data & immediately the dreaded "no cellular data". So glad I found this before going through more hours of frustration with CS. THANK YOU!! You are The Man!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart27 View Post
    I know it's been a while since you posted this but it is golden. Yesterday I added more data & immediately the dreaded "no cellular data". So glad I found this before going through more hours of frustration with CS. THANK YOU!! You are The Man!
    Hey guys, just another new data point! I just finished transferring my service from one BYOP CDMA sim to another BYOP CDMA sim, which was purchased more recently. I went through the process by doing the online chat on the website, and had the customer service rep do all of the actions. I had the service rep quote me my buckets of minutes, texts and data before starting the process.

Since I was staying within Verizon, the process was done within about 20 minutes. However, what surprised me was that when I was finished and put the new sim in my phone, instead of Verizon at the top, it says TFW. And not only that, but I was able to delete the profile installed by ivzwentp.tracfone.com, and data still works! I also noticed that on the iPhone Settings->General->About page, it now shows TFW as my carrier instead of Verizon, which is why I suspect it now has the APN loaded by default.

Anyway, we'll see how long this sticks. I'm going to add some data and extend my service by 365 days soon so I'll let you know if this ruins everything and I have to re-install the APN via ivzwentp.tracfone.com!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Interesting & good to know. Time will tell if the new sim is better at recognizing the correct APN.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. As I said in my post brian577's fix worked for me. Now I'm wondering if the next time I add data I will have the same problem or does it stay fixed once you add the profile. Anybody had any experience with this. Have tons of texts & minutes & data is the only thing I consume regularly.

Feedback Score
    I think you're aiming for a moving target .

Quote Originally Posted by jmart27 View Post
    Thanks for the info. As I said in my post brian577's fix worked for me. Now I'm wondering if the next time I add data I will have the same problem or does it stay fixed once you add the profile. Anybody had any experience with this. Have tons of texts & minutes & data is the only thing I consume regularly.

Feedback Score
    Got hit with this today. I installed the profile from ivzwentp.tracfone.com and that got me back on cellular data.

My iPhone 5s had been good up to now.

Unfortunately I did two things recently: 1) added an airtime card, 2) allowed a carrier update to install. So, I can't tell which thing did me in!

I actually managed to install the profile by tethering off my Android phone (on TF AT&T). So, that will be my handy response for why I carry two phones. You need it to fix your other phone!

Feedback Score
    Update: MMS works with this profile installed. Something that I had wondered.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good to hear that the fix got you going again.

Most likely it was the airtime card that's what did it to my 2 iphones last fall.

My phones recently got carrier update 28.4 and that didn't have any effect on them.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Chat Support Worked When I Didn't Have Data Access

Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Got hit with this today. I installed the profile from ivzwentp.tracfone.com and that got me back on cellular data.

My iPhone 5s had been good up to now.

Unfortunately I did two things recently: 1) added an airtime card, 2) allowed a carrier update to install. So, I can't tell which thing did me in!

I actually managed to install the profile by tethering off my Android phone (on TF AT&T). So, that will be my handy response for why I carry two phones. You need it to fix your other phone!

I purchased additional data via my PC and I forgot to confirm its functionality before I left the house. Data service stopped on iPhone and I wasn't near wifi to load the Verizon/Tracfone profile, which has worked before. Being a glutton for punishment I used chat via another device. He "reset the data of the account" and had me restart the phone. It worked! Now if they can get around to fixing the glitch. The Tracfone order of development seems to be: Tier 2 trained, Tier 1 trained, Chat trained, Provide an automated solution, then finally fix the problem.

Feedback Score
    So I added data to my wife's iPhone yesterday and tonight it stopped working. I checked and it had the ivzwentp.tracfone profile but showed as 'unsigned'. I removed it, rebooted the phone and successfully installed it albeit still showing 'unsigned' and still no internet. I then uninstalled the profile and now have data back. Reinstalled the profile, 'not connected'...uninstalled the profile and it works. PITA....

Feedback Score
    Hello! I had the same issue a few days ago with my iPhone SE. I had fixed it myself before with the solution from this forum. But this time, it didn't work. I was on chat with Tracfone and went to a friend's house to use their landline and got THIS solution that I don't believe I've seen here. This is what they had me do:

uninstall old APN profile

go to iphone.flexserve.net/select

Select the country (I live in the US)

under APN settings enter 'VZWINTERNET' with NO username or password

Click "generate profile"

Install new profile. Turn off phone, turn back on.

It worked! Wanted to share this solution as the "ivzwentp.tracfone" profile route did not work for me.

Feedback Score
    @sheila_schumach:

A similar route is what worked on my iPhone SE also. Same idea but did mine at http://unlockit.co.nz/unlockit

For whatever reason, no amount of troubleshooting (for over 2 hours with Tracfone phone help) got the "official" method to work.

No idea why but it's been working perfectly since using a normal Verizon profile.

Feedback Score
    This has now happened to all three of our Tracfone iPhones. It has only occurred when the data has been zeroed out and I bought a refill. Went to ivzwinternet.tracfone.com and it solved the issue. I'm trying not to let the data bucket empty completely anymore...although that is tricky with teenagers.

Feedback Score
    It has happened to people without empty bucket - just from adding to the data balance that was there . Since you know how to fix it, no worries now .

Quote Originally Posted by NMBlue View Post
    This has now happened to all three of our Tracfone iPhones. It has only occurred when the data has been zeroed out and I bought a refill. Went to ivzwinternet.tracfone.com and it solved the issue. I'm trying not to let the data bucket empty completely anymore...although that is tricky with teenagers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    It has happened to people without empty bucket - just from adding to the data balance that was there . Since you know how to fix it, no worries now .
    Well, that is frustrating but not surprising.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast