Thread: TouchWiz

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus (Space Gray, 64GB); Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

TouchWiz

Is the latest version of TouchWiz (on the S6/S6 Edge/Note 5/etc) really that bad of a UI? Half of the people I talk to about it say it's terrible and laggy and randomly reboots, shuts down apps, etc and the other half have had no problems at all except for maybe a 2 second delay (which is not a big deal to me). The reason I'm asking is because I have been sh*t shaming Samsung forever because of the UI being so unpredictable but I am upgrading my iPhone 6 Plus soon and going back to Android, like I usually do. I usually switch back and forth between the 2 because I love both of the OSes so much.

Please be brutally honest about it. I really like the S6 Edge and will upgrade to the S7 Edge (if that version becomes available this spring).

Thanks, also please direct me where to post this question if I am in the wrong sub forum.
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all who wander are lost." ~ JR Tolkien
    "The best you can do for another is not just share your riches but prove to him his own." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Feedback Score
    The TouchWiz on my S4 got the same complaints, from the same crowd. I've used HTC, Motorola, Samsung, and Apple. TouchWiz seems no worse than any of the others. And certainly has had no reboots, crashes, etc. But, too, I don't install every app under the sun, either.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    TouchWiz on my Note 3 isn't bad... I don't see how it could be on anything newer.

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus (Space Gray, 64GB); Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! I think I will be upgrading to a Samsung then! So happy to be going back to Android. Besides that I don't really care if there's a little bit of lag anyway. I mean what's 5 seconds waiting for an app to open anyway? People who complain about 5 seconds really make my *** crave stove wood.