Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Ptel is closing down by January 30

Feedback Score

Ptel is closing down by January 30

As a Ptel dealer, today we find this info on our Portal , i will advise to Port out the fast you can , any issues related to balance on the account , you will need to call Ptel directly and check what are the options there.
    For the paygo Customers is another few choices out there including Real Mobile.

PTel To Discontinue Service on January 30
    01/20/2016 10:55 am

We regret to inform you that after 15 long years, PlatinumTel's journey in wireless has come to an end and we will no longer offer service effective the end of January. Accordingly, activations have been disabled, and your ability to top-up will soon be stopped as well. Please begin to port your customers to new providers. PIN requirements for port-outs have been disabled.
    What may we say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? Romans 8:31.
    ACRS Wireless @ Real Mobile Master Agent | Imeipros.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrs View Post
    As a Ptel dealer, today we find this info on our Portal , i will advise to Port out the fast you can , any issues related to balance on the account , you will need to call Ptel directly and check what are the options there.
    For the paygo Customers is another few choices out there including Real Mobile.

PTel To Discontinue Service on January 30
    01/20/2016 10:55 am

We regret to inform you that after 15 long years, PlatinumTel's journey in wireless has come to an end and we will no longer offer service effective the end of January. Accordingly, activations have been disabled, and your ability to top-up will soon be stopped as well. Please begin to port your customers to new providers. PIN requirements for port-outs have been disabled.
    Just spoke with a CS Rep who confirmed. Recommended port-out by January 26. Well...where's everyone going to go?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockinamigo14 View Post
    Just spoke with a CS Rep who confirmed. Recommended port-out by January 26. Well...where's everyone going to go?
    I can help to move out to Real Mobile if you have CDMA device.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrs View Post
    I can help to move out to Real Mobile if you have CDMA device.
    i appreciate the offer! looks like they don't really have anything in my budget. i'm looking to spend an absolute maximum of $50/month for two lines. I'm currently on Ptel's $25 plan and my wife is on the $20 plan, and it was a bit of a struggle to convince her to let me get the $25 plan to begin with

Edit:

My device works on GSM or CDMA but hers is GSM only.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i appreciate the offer! looks like they don't really have anything in my budget. i'm looking to spend an absolute maximum of $50/month for two lines. I'm currently on Ptel's $25 plan and my wife is on the $20 plan, and it was a bit of a struggle to convince her to let me get the $25 plan to begin with

Edit:

My device works on GSM or CDMA but hers is GSM only.
    Regarding $20 plans, there's Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile) and easyGo by H2O (AT&T). I know Ultra lets you add data at like $5 for 500MB or $10 for 1GB. I think Lycamobile also has a $20 plan.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    This is confirmed i just came here to post the same thing.... Very disappointing that they provided no notice

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Moto G7 Play, Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart, AT&T unlimited Data
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonDirect View Post
    This is confirmed i just came here to post the same thing.... Very disappointing that they provided no notice
    That's life in MVNO land. I never put an important number with these carriers.

Feedback Score
    Just've received text from them (7801) with same info.

Any good suggestions for a prepaid plan? Coverage-wise T-mo was acceptable, I'm looking for either Verizon or Tmo/ATT MVNO within $25-35 range which has unlimited text/voice/2G data and some capped high-speed data included in price? Basically, I'm light on mobile data usage but don't want to worry about every couple Megs spent on using Uber/google maps/email/iMessage when approaching end of the billing period if I was occasionally streaming music or watching youtube when out of my wi-fi few weeks earlier. PTel's $30 plan was perfect for my usage patterns so far.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmax View Post

Any good suggestions for a prepaid plan? Coverage-wise T-mo was acceptable, I'm looking for either Verizon or Tmo/ATT MVNO within $25-35 range which has unlimited text/voice/2G data and some capped high-speed data included in price? Basically, I'm light on mobile data usage but don't want to worry about every couple Megs spent on using Uber/google maps/email/iMessage when approaching end of the billing period if I was occasionally streaming music or watching youtube when out of my wi-fi few weeks earlier. PTel's $30 plan was perfect for my usage patterns so far.
    Did you bother to read the few posts above???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Oh Peter I absolutely love what you've done with the place... It's so sterile, so bland, so wonderful!"

Queen Latifah

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmax View Post

MetroPCS? $30 for 1GB at 4G LTE, then unlimited afterwards.

Feedback Score
    Any idea what will happen to the balance on Prepaid accounts?
    I chatted and found that the balance has to be used by Jan 31st or you'll lose it.
    Last edited by ShakuniMama; 01-20-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    I just confirmed this with Ptel via chat:

Chat started
    Tom
    Is Ptel shutting down January 30?

Amanda joined the chat
    Amanda
    Hello Tom
    Yes, we will be discounting service

Tom
    Sorry to hear that. Why isn't there anything on your website?

Amanda
    We were just informed today to be honest Tom,
    All activations and purchases were barely made today from being disabled

Tom
    OK Thanks

Amanda
    You're most welcome
    Is there anything else I may assist you with?
    Tom
    no
    Amanda
    Thank you for chatting with us today. It has been a pleasure assisting you. Have a great day!

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Moto G7 Play, Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart, AT&T unlimited Data
    Feedback Score
    Online Chat with Ptel:

Karina: I regret to inform Ptel Mobile will be discontinuing wireless service as of January 31,2016. We urge subscribers to process their requested Port Outs by January 26, 2016 to ensure successful port outs. At this time we are working to supply details via the site. Currently an SMS has been sent in batches to subscribers to inform of service update. Please note- the next step to take will consist of porting out of Ptel Mobile in order to retain your same number. Here are the following suggested companies for service: Ultra Mobile- 888-777-0446/Simple Mobile-877-878-7908/Metro PCS- 888-863-8768/Ting- 855 846 4389/ LycaMobile- 866-277-3221/T-Mobile- 877-413-5903.
    Jeffrey: Why such short notice?
    Karina
    Unfortunately it is all a short notice to all of us here as well Jeffrey we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Netboy76 View Post
    Did you bother to read the few posts above???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I definitely did. Did you bother to read what I wrote, smarta..s??

Real Mobile $30/40 GSM plans are ATT and have pretty low hard cap for data with need to buy extra top-ups (can Acrs confirm?)
    Real Mobile CDMA is Sprint and not an option in my area
    H2O EasyGo mentioned above has hard cap on data usage too, as per their website

though, H2O Wireless new $35 unlimited plan seems to have 500Mb LTE w/128kb throttling after and runs on top of ATT - but this is $5 more and 500 mb less than I'm getting now with PTel, their 1Gb LTE plan is $40 (btw, do they charge taxes?)

LycaMobile runs on top of T-Mo, their $29 plan does not include unlimited international texting and has only 500 mb included + I've heard of virtually non-existent support, so it is "so-so option"

only UltraMobile currently seems to be on par with PTel offering with their $29(+$1 reg. fee) plan and if they'll stay afloat for another year their discounted multi-month bundles seem to be a nice option I'm likely to stick with, but they are running on top of T-Mo as well as PTel and I hoped to find something better both in terms of coverage and pricing then I have now.

So the question stands. Page Plus (VZW) for $40? I can easily eat extra 10 bucks for better coverage and +500Mb of LTE data, but thought there must be more options nowadays.

Feedback Score
    MetroPCS? $30 for 1GB at 4G LTE, then unlimited afterwards.
    Thanks, this sounds like a reasonable option. Do you know whether MetroPCS has any roaming agreements with smaller carriers in rural areas or just runs on TMo network?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast