Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Sprint Layoffs Friday Jan 22

Feedback Score
    It's highly likely that the Shack deal and Direct 2 You were Claure's ideas. What underling (especially those new hires) would have the intestinal fortitude to point out that they should be nixed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    It's highly likely that the Shack deal and Direct 2 You were Claure's ideas. What underling (especially those new hires) would have the intestinal fortitude to point out that they should be nixed?
    LoL. That's why Episode I sucked. Nobody challenged Lucas. The Sprint execs will ride out their paychecks and suck it up having to use Uber!

Sprint, Thanks for the free year!

- Moto e5 cruise (Cricket)
    - AT&T ZTE Mobley

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    I can't find the link, but in an interview he said one of his early observations was that it was hard to buy Sprint phones. His perception, at least at the time, was that the PROBLEM was not enough retail channels. That's when I realized just how out of touch he is.

John Legere, whether you love or hate his style, is a listener. And on top of that, he's smart, and he's gets culture. It's almost like comedy, John has good timing which is everything. Marcelo doesn't get the joke. The things Marcelo says and does consistently suggest he doesn't quite get it.

So anyway... can't wait to see their numbers this week.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    Yeah...I would suggest there is a new way. How about Claure taking a salary of the average Sprint employee. Make the other suits do the same...UNTIL...a profit is turned. Then take your 20 mil salary and stock after the job is done.

Sounds innovative and refreshing to me! And in doing so come out and say the suits are going to pay for Sprint's blunders while our employees from the bottom up are more important now than ever.

Do you know the show "Undercover Boss" (http://www.cbs.com/shows/undercover_boss/). I would love to see a Sprint episode of that show... and maybe it will help the CEO better learn what needs to be turned around in the company (at least internally).
    - Chokaay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chokaay View Post
    Do you know the show "Undercover Boss" (http://www.cbs.com/shows/undercover_boss/). I would love to see a Sprint episode of that show... and maybe it will help the CEO better learn what needs to be turned around in the company (at least internally).
    Yeah...i watch it. Sprint on Undercover Boss....lol...that's too much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    Yea, if someone asked me to leave my company and said "Hey, leave your job and come work for us! We won't pay you the salary of an engineer, just minimum wage but we definitely want only the best engineers!"

Yea, don't think I'll be leaving my data center anytime soon for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't expect an engineer to take less. Sorry you fall into the category of regular employees.

And I wouldn't expect to hire any suits who want to slide into what they're used to.

I'm just saying some people may care about being a part of righting the ship. Thinking down the road and long term. Being the next J. Welch in getting credit for the turn around.

Claure is earning $20 mil a year in salary and stock. And he's brought in his own people earning top pay. Including that agreement with that firm he had connections.

That probably adds up to alot of employees at a few call centers. My CEO has reached into his pocket to keep morale high. This guy can't even do that for yogurt.

He didn't take over Sprint without Softbank. I'd cut him a break if he did. He has resources. And he's spent them in Radio Shacks and cars painted with Sprint logos for in home service amongst other things.

I wonder how much was pissed away in that car venture.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It looks like T-Mobile might step in and help some of the displaced Sprint workers...

http://www.abqjournal.com/721806/new...ll-center.html

Feedback Score
    Eh...that would be mainly for PR. A great jab at Sprint though. If T-Mobile did open that center back up I would give each employee a fruit basket or whatever Sprint sent to the T-Mobile stores. Sick burn!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4