Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    The iPhone 4S uses the Microsim size.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Micro SIM size. I just popped one in and out a few days ago. I would consider that the "medium" size between Nano (tiny) and Standard (big).

Device(s)
    Moto X SkyNET edition
    Carrier(s)
    To be determined
    Feedback Score
    A "standard" sim card is the size of a credit card. The smaller version is the mini, then the micro and finally the nano. As previously stated the 4S uses a micro sim. There is no such thing as a "medium" sim, stick with the known/documented names for the various sizes.

Feedback Score
    Note that some companies, notably AT&T, refer to the Mini SIM as the Standard size. See here.

Carrier(s)
    Chat-r; PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My friend living in Los Angeles had a Motorola phone way back in the 2000's, had a SIM of the size of a credit card. I saw it with my own eyes. She was with AT&T on that phone. I don't know what that was called, but the so called "standard" is indeed officially called "mini" SIM.
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Feedback Score
    ^When Fido launched one or two of there first phones took the full credit card size Sim. It was still the standard/mini Sim but you don't pop it out. The phone was made by Nortel in 1996 or 97.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    My friend living in Los Angeles had a Motorola phone way back in the 2000's, had a SIM of the size of a credit card. I saw it with my own eyes. She was with AT&T on that phone. I don't know what that was called, but the so called "standard" is indeed officially called "mini" SIM.
    Are you sure it was at&t? because as far as I remember at&t was TDMA back in 2000. It must have been a Regional Carrier or voice stream know known as T-Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I never understood the progression down to a Nano Sim, literally the size differences are just plastic. When they wanted to go smaller why didn't they just go all the way down to the size we have now for the Nano Sim? I know you would need phone manufacturers to support it, but why not just go down as far as you can if you want to make it smaller? I kinda get going down to the Mini size, but why then go to the Micro size if you want to make it even smaller, go all the way.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJV View Post
    I never understood the progression down to a Nano Sim, literally the size differences are just plastic. When they wanted to go smaller why didn't they just go all the way down to the size we have now for the Nano Sim? I know you would need phone manufacturers to support it, but why not just go down as far as you can if you want to make it smaller? I kinda get going down to the Mini size, but why then go to the Micro size if you want to make it even smaller, go all the way.
    A micro SIM card is the same size as a microSD memory card. Therefore, some phone manufacturers would build modules that could hold both cards stacked. Perhaps that is one reason the micro SIM form factor came about.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSteve View Post
    A "standard" sim card is the size of a credit card. The smaller version is the mini, then the micro and finally the nano. As previously stated the 4S uses a micro sim. There is no such thing as a "medium" sim, stick with the known/documented names for the various sizes.
    Name:  gVAT5G1IoF3Jm.gif
Views: 119
Size:  1.02 MB

10 char
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole