Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    This is becoming a circular arguement. You point out stock performance, they say it doesn't matter. Same with poor sales, earnings, and network planning. Everyone is wrong about Sprint they say. People hear what they want to hear.

What's indisputable however is the press is consistently negative. I've not read ANY articles, not a single one, suggesting Marcelo has done a great job, or that Sprint is on a path to success, or pretty much... anything positive. Why IS that? A media conspiracy?

So there's a challenge...where are the analysts or bloggers that think Sprint is doing well??
    Sprint was up nearly 20% in trading today due to positive earnings call. Sprint is a great buy because they are undervalued. JP Morgan predicts positive earnings in the next quarter.

"Slow, yet Sure Progress at Sprint Corp Says JPMorgan" - hold rating - "JP Morgan predicts Sprint to have $0.3 earnings per share in the next quarter" - "JP Morgan believes that Sprint is less likely to claim bankruptcy"

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Sprint was up nearly 20% in trading today due to positive earnings call. Sprint is a great buy because they are undervalued. JP Morgan predicts positive earnings in the next quarter.

"Slow, yet Sure Progress at Sprint Corp Says JPMorgan" - hold rating - "JP Morgan predicts Sprint to have $0.3 earnings per share in the next quarter" - "JP Morgan believes that Sprint is less likely to claim bankruptcy"
    LOL OK I guess "less likely to claim bankruptcy" is sort of positive. Touche.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    JP Morgan saying they expect positive earnings next quarter is positive as is the hold rating. JP Morgan's opinion has a lot more weight than Joe Blow the stock analyst which would be you or me.

You asked for it and I gave it to you now you don't really acknowledge it. Claure got your tongue?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Claure got your tongue?
    That was a horrible visual.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Exactly, the statement itself acknowledges JP Morgan thinks Sprint is still in a position where bankruptcy is the only option. It's a doctor saying you have a 25% chance to live, up from a 10% chance - better but grim overall.

JP Morgan saying they expect positive earnings next quarter is positive as is the hold rating. JP Morgan's opinion has a lot more weight than Joe Blow the stock analyst which would be you or me.

You asked for it and I gave it to you now you don't really acknowledge it. Claure got your tongue?
    Not to call JP Morgan out or anything, but that's the JP Morgan that was highly responsible for the recent mortgage crisis that is still crippling our economy? The one that paid out the largest settlement only a couple years ago because of their deceitful tactics? I wouldn't trust them anymore than p6#23^ (whatever you changed your name to) on stock tips. I'd take the advice from all places, look into reports about companies, etc. if I were to purchase things. I wouldn't take one company's blurb and run with it - especially JP Morgan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Exactly, the statement itself acknowledges JP Morgan thinks Sprint is still in a position where bankruptcy is the only option. It's a doctor saying you have a 25% chance to live, up from a 10% chance - better but grim overall.

Not to call JP Morgan out or anything, but that's the JP Morgan that was highly responsible for the recent mortgage crisis that is still crippling our economy? The one that paid out the largest settlement only a couple years ago because of their deceitful tactics? I wouldn't trust them anymore than p6#23^ (whatever you changed your name to) on stock tips. I'd take the advice from all places, look into reports about companies, etc. if I were to purchase things. I wouldn't take one company's blurb and run with it - especially JP Morgan.
    Sure, they were right.... It was the government with Fannie forcing the banks to give mortgages to people that are not credit worthy.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Yeah the stock soared up 18.65% today in response to the earnings call. So what you are saying is that people bought Sprint stock today pushing up the price despite your esteemed opinion that Sprint sucks? Wow who would have figured that you aren't looked at as an expert source of Sprint when you don't even use the service.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ...why do Sprint and Mobilitie believe that they can use the public RoW without facing problems? The scary proposition may be that, in the interest of time-to-market, Sprint does not ask for permission but simply puts up the new poles and then deals with the backlash later. This would be a huge problem for two reasons: poles and towers that are erected without permission can simply be removed...
    Ridiculous. They can't build or run power without permits. This is complete BS. This guy's source is his own a-double-s. It's a worthless opinion piece made worse with illogical speculation throughout. I feel stupider for wasting even two minutes skimming through this drivel.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    One issue with micro-cells is the difficulty of providing backup power. Batteries can carry a site for hours but what do you do if the power is out for days? You can build a micro-cell that hangs on a lamppost but the generator and fuel storage have a footprint on the ground.

I've suggested before that Sprint and T-Mobile should form a limited NFP partnership to provide economical backhaul to their common sites as a way to save money. Not sure how well it would work but it would be worth exploring.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    One issue with micro-cells is the difficulty of providing backup power. Batteries can carry a site for hours but what do you do if the power is out for days? You can build a micro-cell that hangs on a lamppost but the generator and fuel storage have a footprint on the ground.

I've suggested before that Sprint and T-Mobile should form a limited NFP partnership to provide economical backhaul to their common sites as a way to save money. Not sure how well it would work but it would be worth exploring.
    Microcells are being used for density of 2500 to support 2x CA and eventual VoLTE, not for base service. Existing macros will provide service if there's an outage.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by thegonagle View Post
    Ridiculous. They can't build or run power without permits. This is complete BS. This guy's source is his own a-double-s. It's a worthless opinion piece made worse with illogical speculation throughout. I feel stupider for wasting even two minutes skimming through this drivel.
    You're right, that part doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    My biggest concern about this move (hopefully not true; we'll see tomorrow) is about Sprint's future... when 5G comes along (again, only a few years away) and Sprint has these tens and tens of thousands of small cells (or mini macros, whatever) with NLOS microwave backhaul, will NLOS microwave really be able to provide all the backhaul needed to power all of Sprint's 2.5GHz spectrum at 5G speeds? We're talking about many Gbps (5G is supposed to provide Gbps speeds per user). I don't want Sprint stuck waiting for fiber at each small cell/tower, much like they were for Network Vision, which almost killed them.
    Since 5G will be deployed on the milimeter wave band, Sprint is going to need all of those small cells anyways. With somewhere between 168 MHz to 198 MHz worth of spectrum in the EBS/BRS band I'm sure Sprint can find some amount for usage as fronthaul and/or backhaul. The whole point of using microwave fronthaul and/or backhaul like Sprint is going to to mimic the hub and spoke system that airlines use to schedule and carry freight and passengers.

I don't think every small cell will get fiber, but will be connected to a macro site via microwave for fronthaul and/or backhaul.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3