Thread: help with upgrade decision

Feedback Score

help with upgrade decision

im due for an upgrade in the next few months but i cannot decided whether or not to stick to my iphones or whether to give a samsung a go? opinions please?!

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    They are different environments. What model iPhone do you have and why do you need to upgrade?
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They each have their advantages. What I mean is, they're like cars. What's best for one person might not be what's best for another.

All I can say is that as an early adopter (I was lined up for both the first iPhone and first Android phone and have used both extensively since then, including many Samsung flagships) I always come back to iPhone, despite the limitations that iOS has compared to Android. For me it's just an OS preference, but they both have advantages.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus (Space Gray, 64GB); Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OllyR View Post
    im due for an upgrade in the next few months but i cannot decided whether or not to stick to my iphones or whether to give a samsung a go? opinions please?!
    It really depends on what OS you're interested in. iOS offers a lot of simplicity but not really so many custom options. Samsung has a lot of features and custom options that iPhone just doesn't offer BUT iPhone is made to be easy. Call, text, surf the web...if that's what you mainly do, then a new iPhone would be perfect. If you like to mess around with custom boot options and backgrounds and apps then Android is a good decision. I honestly am not biased towards either one. I have an iPhone 6 Plus right now and am interested in switching back to Android myself. I tend to do this - one year I will get an iPhone and the next I will get an Android. Right now I'm stuck between a new Samsung or a new HTC. Decisions, decisions...
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all who wander are lost." ~ JR Tolkien
    "The best you can do for another is not just share your riches but prove to him his own." ~ Benjamin Disraeli