Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PureTalk ups data on plans

Feedback Score

PureTalk ups data on plans

I received a text message from PureTalk that they have increased data limits on many plans. Mine renewed on the 1st of the month and I just assumed it would be the 500mb I was expecting, but I just took a look and it is now 1GB on the $29 plan (no taxes or fees). The large data users won't be impressed with the bigger plans but there are some other interesting price points. I like the looks of the Simple 600 plan that offers 600 minutes, 100mb, and 100 MMS for $15.

Feedback Score
    That's good news. I'm thinking of switching to Pure Talk in a few weeks.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Finally up to the market standard, $30 for 1 GB data, unlimited talk and text is available everywhere.

Feedback Score
    If the offer was unl minutes, unl txts, 100mb for $20. It'd force AV to consider jumping up their $20 plan.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Feedback Score
    Where else on AT&T do you get 1GB with full speed LTE for under $30? Other than iffy ones like Harbor, which is for businesses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    I like the looks of the Simple 600 plan that offers 600 minutes, 100mb, and 100 MMS for $15.
    I sent them off a message earlier today asking if the 100 mb extended to the senior AddVantage plan as well. It would be nice if it did, but its still a bargain with 900 minutes /2700 texts after 6 months on the plan- especially for those of us who purchased it for $13.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Where else on AT&T do you get 1GB with full speed LTE for under $30? Other than iffy ones like Harbor, which is for businesses.
    Exactly why is Harbor "iffy" ? $30 for 2.5 GB data on at&t network.

https://bluegreenmobile.com/blue/ 1 GB for $30.

Feedback Score
    Harbor doesn't have much of a track record.

Feedback Score
    I've never heard of BlueGreen Mobile. Personally, I prefer to get phone service from a more mainstream provider likely to be around for awhile, but obviously even the established can falter as we have seen with Ptel/GIV. PureTalk does a huge business with Lifeline phone service, so I suspect they will be around for a bit.

Feedback Score
    Harbor doesn't have much of a track record.
    What's wrong with their track record?

Feedback Score
    Quantity. How long have they been in business? How many people use their services? Have you ever read an article about them in a mainstream publication or on a mainstream website? Do they have toll-free tech support on nights and weekends? Stuff like that is important in judging whether or not a company you entrust with your communications is going to be there when you need them. I am not dissing Harbor. It's just I know next to nothing about them.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I've never heard of BlueGreen Mobile. Personally, I prefer to get phone service from a more mainstream provider likely to be around for awhile, but obviously even the established can falter as we have seen with Ptel/GIV. PureTalk does a huge business with Lifeline phone service, so I suspect they will be around for a bit.
    I understand, you don't want to port your number into some unknown company which might discontinue its service anytime. People that have their # in Google Voice or people willing to take risks can save a lot of money with their $25 for 2 GB T-mobile plan.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, Google Voice might be an option but it isn't reliable: doesn't ring, lost messages, etc.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, Google Voice might be an option but it isn't reliable: doesn't ring, lost messages, etc.
    I would not classify Google Voice as unreliable. I think our works perfectly for most users, most of the time. Otherwise, there would be massive threads about it here. There are a lot of GV users.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus $12 plan
    Feedback Score
    I have been using it since it was first introduced with only one complaint: sometimes incoming calls only ring twice then go to voice mail. But that may be due to the carrier I'm using, not GV. I have never lost a message or text.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast