Thread: Government Assisted GSM Providers?

Hybrid View

Device(s)
    Samsung Messager r450, SCH-i760/i760
    Carrier(s)
    PPC fully on PPC!
    Feedback Score

Government Assisted GSM Providers?

Are there any? My mom likes tracfone and has a android, but I'd like to get her a flip alpha numeric t9 dialer android and most of them are all sim card operated...

She has carpel tunnel syndrome and lost nerve endings in her fingertips, so that's why I'd like to find out, so that she can have the best of both features on a phone and easily dial a phone and still have all the advancements android offers.

She doesn't want a unlimited minute plan no matter how much I try to breakdown and explain to her that tracfone is ripping her off when for $10 to $15 more bucks she could have to not worry about how many minutes she has left ever.

Feedback Score
    Not sure exactly what you are asking for. Phones running on the AT&T and T-Mobile networks all require SIM cards, and so do LTE phones on Verizon and Sprint. Personally, I would recommend she look into the list of Lifeline providers here. I would check out Life Wireless since they are part of the same corporation offering PureTalk wireless to the general public. I know that PureTalk offers great service running on AT&T at a good price, particularly for low-cost plans. I like their 600-minute plan for $15 per month, no taxes or fees. It increases 50 minutes a month for the first six months you pay on time for seniors, so you end up with 900 minutes a month for $15. All autopay so no hassling with refills and PIN codes like Tracfone. Good US-Based customer service.

Feedback Score
    If you are looking for government sponsored free cell phone plans for seniors, you can check Safelink Wireless it is owned by Tracfone and runs on the AT&T GSM network. but you should be qualified for this offer, you can check out the free phones for seniors guide to know if you are qualified.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jecko View Post
    If you are looking for government sponsored free cell phone plans for seniors, you can check Safelink Wireless it is owned by Tracfone and runs on the AT&T GSM network. but you should be qualified for this offer, you can check out the free phones for seniors guide to know if you are qualified.
    Did Safelink Wireless available in all the areas where Tracfone is available?