Thread: Cannot dial International

Feedback Score

Cannot dial International

I recently ported my number from Ptel to H2O. The phone is working fine, except that I cannot call any international number. I get the error message about insufficient balance, even though I very much have balance remaining. I tried Direct Dial, as well as thru their Access number. I have been trying with their customer service for nearly a week now, but they have not provided any reason or solution. Calls within US, Texts, Data work fine. Can someone help?

Feedback Score
    You will get the insufficient funds message if you attempt to dial directly or use the wrong access number for your plan. For pay-as-you-go it's 1-562-252-0100 and for monthly plans it's 1-213-808-6199. After you hear the dial tone and you dial the international number, as below, do not press send/call. That sets up a new call as though you dialed directly and you'll hear that message. Just wait a few seconds and the call will go through.

Another possibility is that you are on a monthly plan and you are calling a number that is not included in the plan. In that case you will need to add extra funds to cover that call. Double check the destination on H2O's web site under your plan. Note that mobile numbers aren't included for all countries.

Please follow up if any of this worked. Thanks.

===
    The FAQ entry from H2O's site:

For Monthly Unlimited Plan Users:
    1. Please make sure you have enough balance in your active H2O® Wireless account
    2. Dial 1-213-808-6199 from your wireless phone
    3. When you hear the dial tone, dial as you would to make any other international call 011 + Country Code + Area Code + Phone Number

IMPORTANT! DO NOT PRESS the send/call button after step 3. Your call may get charged at a higher rate if you press after dialing your destination number. Please note that regular airtime rates apply and will be deducted from your total balance while using this feature.

For Pay-As-You-Go Plan Users: Please dial 1-562-252-0100 from your wireless phone and follow the same steps above.
    ===

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles Just an observation

Quote Originally Posted by thu720 View Post
    ===
    The FAQ entry from H2O's site:

3. When you hear the dial tone, dial as you would to make any other international call 011 + Country Code + Area Code + Phone Number

IMPORTANT! DO NOT PRESS the send/call button after step 3. Your call may get charged at a higher rate if you press after dialing your destination number. Please note that regular airtime rates apply and will be deducted from your total balance while using this feature.
    Just an observation: Since there is no way H2O knows how long your international number is,
    they will probably assume it is complete after a gap of no input of a few seconds.
    Thus if you don't put the numbers in pretty steadily, if you hesitate it will assume all the numbers are in.
    Don't dawdle!

Feedback Score
    I had a nokia 640 that will give me all kind of international dialing problems until i did a factory reset on it. so if you have a backup of your phone you can try that.

Feedback Score
    When I signed up with H2O they auto-configured my LG G2 the settings to allow "direct dialling" for international numbers in my phone book. It's worked very well, though only the access number shows up in the call log, and of course, you can't automatically send a text message when you decline an international call.

Feedback Score
    I can dial international now after dialing 1-562-252-0100. How can Direct-Dial be enabled for pay-as-you-go? It is not practical to dial access number and then punch in lengthy international number. I did not have Direct-Dial problem with other MVNOs like Ptel, Lycamobile.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrpt View Post
    It is not practical to dial access number and then punch in lengthy international number.
    Save the phone number in the phone book=====all the number.