Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We're sorry your service does not allow you to complete this call message MS0

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

We're sorry your service does not allow you to complete this call message MS0

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (model SCH-I535, Verizon)
    I have been using my phone with Tracfone's BYOP smartphone service for several months. I can always make calls when I am near home and on most trips, but on monthly work trips to SW Virginia (in same "540" area code as my home) I cannot make any calls even though the phone shows a strong cellular signal. After I dial, a recording says "To complete your call, please reenter the 10-digit number your are calling...". After I reenter the number (e.g., 540-xxx-xxxx), a second recording says "We're sorry, your service does not allow you to complete this call. Message MS0".
    Can anyone help solve this aggravation? If not, I'll have to dump Tracfone--I need service on these trips.

Device(s)
    LG Q7+, LG Journey, LG Stylo 4+
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joesera View Post
    on monthly work trips to SW Virginia (in same "540" area code as my home) I cannot make any calls even though the phone shows a strong cellular signal.
    The phone shows a strong cellular signal but the tower may not be owned by Verizon. Smartphones (TF-branded or BYOP) don't roam onto towers that aren't owned by Verizon (or AT&T for GSM phones). Use THIS MAP , make sure it's set to Prepaid, zoom in to the location that you have problems with and see if there is Prepaid coverage. If no, your phone won't work there.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The phone shows a strong cellular signal but the tower may not be owned by Verizon. Smartphones (TF-branded or BYOP) don't roam onto towers that aren't owned by Verizon (or AT&T for GSM phones).
    Well, maybe LTE data roaming if it's a LTE in Rural America partner. But not voice roaming.
    Definitely check the coverage map.

joesera could try a VoIP call in that area (Hangouts, GV, Whatsapp, Skype, etc)

Feedback Score
    I wonder what prepaid roaming means?

https://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/d...veragelocator/
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post

https://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/d...veragelocator/
    It means that Vz Prepaid service can at least voice roam, but at additional cost. IIRC, it is 20 cents a minute. I don't think they allow that for MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It means that Vz Prepaid service can at least voice roam, but at additional cost. IIRC, it is 20 cents a minute. I don't think they allow that for MVNOs.
    Thanks! ......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Voice roaming on the Vzw extended network is included for no additional cost with Selectel, and at an extra cost with PagePlus and Puppy Wireless.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    In the past, the Verizon prepaid plans offered voice roaming for $0.20/min (and SMS but not sure the fee).

I think they've stopped that since there are no by-the-minute options now. The coverage map just hasn't been updated to remove that option yet (or they keep it for MVNOs that do offer it, like PP and Puppy).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Voice roaming on the Vzw extended network is included for no additional cost with Selectel, and at an extra cost with PagePlus and Puppy Wireless.
    Thank you for correcting my imperfect recollection about that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Selectel is a unique MVNO being on the postpaid network.

Feedback Score
    I dial, a recording says "To complete your call, please reenter the 10-digit number your are calling...". After I reenter the number (e.g., 540-xxx-xxxx), a second recording says "We're sorry, your service does not allow you to complete this call. Message MS0".

Can anyone help solve this aggravation? If not, I'll have to dump Tracfone--I need service on these trips.
    Getting a message that you have to redial is the big indication you are in a roaming area. It comes from the local carrier you are connected to. Not sure if this is a CDMA thing, or if GSM carriers do the same thing.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wonder what would happen if you dialed a " 1 " in front of the number?

Feedback Score
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (model SCH-I535, Verizon)
    I have been using my phone with Tracfone's BYOP smartphone service for several months. I can always make calls when I am near home and on most trips, but on monthly work trips to SW Virginia (in same "540" area code as my home) I cannot make any calls even though the phone shows a strong cellular signal. After I dial, a recording says "To complete your call, please reenter the 10-digit number your are calling...". After I reenter the number (e.g., 540-xxx-xxxx), a second recording says "We're sorry, your service does not allow you to complete this call. Message MS0".
    Install this app and try it at home calling area where the phone works:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.cellinfolite

It says Verizon Wireless for me. I have not tried it outside of Verizon coverage area.

Next time you're traveling in the same area where you cannot make calls, see what carrier the app reports.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    Wonder what would happen if you dialed a " 1 " in front of the number?
    Tried it. Got same messages.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the info folks. Based on my experience traveling in SW VA, Verizon's prepaid coverage map is highly optimistic there...and I will need roaming when crossing over into eastern KY. Based on my current usage (500 min/mo, 1.5 GB/mo), I'm spending about $30/mo with TF. It looks like I could get 2 GB/mo with voice & SMS roaming (+ unlimited talk & text) with Selectel for $40. Any cheaper options that will meet my needs? Also, on Verizon's "Voice & Messaging" coverage map, part of the area where I travel (eastern KY) is shown as "Extended Digital Coverage". Will Selectel work there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast