Thread: Droid Razr M (verizon)

Feedback Score

Droid Razr M (verizon)

Just wanted to throw this out there...

If you have a micro-sim BYOP on Verizon and want a smaller daily driver, this phone even being dated is pretty dang cool. It's about the size of a iPhone 5 but has a bigger display, 4.3". Runs KK and is rootable, but not real straightforward. Can be had on ebay for around $50. I've had it for a few weeks and it is great on battery, no lag...

Check the iPhone 5 vs Razr M on utube and you can see just how tiny this guy is, if that's what you're after.

Just pop your sim in and you are good to go.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads-up on this phone model. 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage is perfectly adequate for my needs (so long as there is a micro-SD slot). I've been looking for a smaller phone than the Lg Ultimate2 because my phone has to fit in my front pocket comfortably or it is no deal. My only concern is the operating system of the phones not being upgradable. Or maybe they are. I don't know.

Feedback Score
    Paremeter51,
    Have you compared phone dimensions? 4.3" display vs 4.5" display seems like there won't be much difference in phone body size between the two, and maybe the L41C might end up being smaller after checking??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    Paremeter51,
    Have you compared phone dimensions? 4.3" display vs 4.5" display seems like there won't be much difference in phone body size between the two, and maybe the L41C might end up being smaller after checking??
    The width is less and it is the difference between me being able to pocket the phone or not.
    2.63 vs 2.4 inches. It's not that big of a difference, but it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paremeter51 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up on this phone model. 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal storage is perfectly adequate for my needs (so long as there is a micro-SD slot). I've been looking for a smaller phone than the Lg Ultimate2 because my phone has to fit in my front pocket comfortably or it is no deal. My only concern is the operating system of the phones not being upgradable. Or maybe they are. I don't know.
    There is a micro-SD slot. The phone was intro'd with ICS with the last update being 4.4.2 Kit Kat.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon PrePaid, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slamsome View Post
    Just wanted to throw this out there...

If you have a micro-sim BYOP on Verizon and want a smaller daily driver, this phone even being dated is pretty dang cool. It's about the size of a iPhone 5 but has a bigger display, 4.3". Runs KK and is rootable, but not real straightforward. Can be had on ebay for around $50. I've had it for a few weeks and it is great on battery, no lag...

Check the iPhone 5 vs Razr M on utube and you can see just how tiny this guy is, if that's what you're after.

Just pop your sim in and you are good to go.
    I concur...this is a GREAT phone for the money!!!

The display is ultra sharp and the camera and flash is very good.

In my book, the 4.3" display makes this the perfect pocket phone.

Feedback Score
    I see several of the Verizon Droid Razrs on ebay say "No Contract" and "SIM card not included", but do not specifically indicate "Unlocked". Can I assume these will work on Tracfones BYOP?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    I see several of the Verizon Droid Razrs on ebay say "No Contract" and "SIM card not included", but do not specifically indicate "Unlocked". Can I assume these will work on Tracfones BYOP?
    As long as it has a clean ESN it should work fine.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Any Verizon Droid model will work with the Tracfone BYOP Verizon service, including phones such as the Droid Razr M and Droid Mini. The Droid Razr M was not sold unlocked for use on GSM service in the US, but it's possible to modify that phone to connect to GSM service, which I've done with my Razr M to test the Tracfone AT&T BYOP service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alluringreality View Post
    Any Verizon Droid model will work with the Tracfone BYOP Verizon service, including phones such as the Droid Razr M and Droid Mini. The Droid Razr M was not sold unlocked for use on GSM service in the US, but it's possible to modify that phone to connect to GSM service, which I've done with my Razr M to test the Tracfone AT&T BYOP service.
    I didn't know you could do that, but I found some stuff about DFS Tool that works through it. I may get another and play around with that, I don't want to mess up the one I have on VZN though... Thanks for posting that it can be done.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Generally I would suggest going with a different phone for GSM service, since mine has lost a lot of standby time with the following recommended settings for GSM service:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=400