Thread: Sprint Tablet Plans - Outright Imbeciles Or Just Delusional As Ever?

Feedback Score

Sprint Tablet Plans - Outright Imbeciles Or Just Delusional As Ever?

I was looking over the various data-only tablet plans and thought this must be some sort of mistake. Are these guys out of their minds or just that stupid? They are basically more expensive than AT&T and T-mobile and price on par with Verizon. In fact, T-Mobile offers 6 gigs for $5 less than Sprint.

A colleague recently told me that they tried to acquire one of these USB data cards from all carriers and the only one who screwed him around was Sprint. Nobody on the phone or in a Sprint store knew of where or how to get them one of the USB data dongles they sell.

Then I hear from another friend how it took them 2 months to cancel a BYOD service, that he only used for 3 days. They had him running back and forth to the stores, to return the sim card.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've wondered this as well. They just aren't competitive here and they should be.

I've stopped caring personally. It will probably take bankruptcy or Marcelo doing something stupid enough to get himself fired before Sprint changes their stale way of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone XS:
    Verizon February UDP (Physical Sim)
    AT&T Unlimited Plus (E-SIM)

iPad Pro 10.5:
    Verizon February UDP

Rural Internet:
    Nighthawk HW1.0 LTE on AT&T Unlimited Plus
    Don’t cheap out on your cables!!!
    Years of struggle to get good speeds on a crap signal
    All solved with some quality LMR400 cables
    (went from 1-6mbps to 20-60mbps!!!)

AT&T Fiber

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobot View Post
    I've wondered this as well. They just aren't competitive here and they should be.

I've stopped caring personally. It will probably take bankruptcy or Marcelo doing something stupid enough to get himself fired before Sprint changes their stale way of thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never understand the surprise or outage when Sprint does something stupid, much the same as when Vzw finds another way to steal from the customer.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    I never understand the surprise or outage when Sprint does something stupid, much the same as when Vzw finds another way to steal from the customer.
    As sprint has few advantages on the network front, (neither performance nor coverage), they should be innovating on plan structure from their underdog position but they don't.

Feedback Score
    As sprint has few advantages on the network front, (neither performance nor coverage), they should be innovating on plan structure from their underdog position but they don't.
    Sprint's coverage and performance was never a major problem for me. It was always how poorly they treated their customers.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The irony is that Sprint MVNOs have some of the most competitive offerings. And some interesting business models are being tried by freedompop and Ring+, enabled by the Sprint wholesale rates (which must be very low).

Feedback Score
    Their tablet plans suck.

I was able to get a free Tab A at T-Mobile last month, for just buying the data plan, $35 month 6GB

Im a Sprint phone customer, but I use data. Went where the deal was.

Feedback Score
    I want to second an earlier post which apparently the mods removed, that there was no reason to move a reasonable discussion of Sprint tablet/data plan pricing to the rant section of the Sprint board. One of the functions of the board is to discuss current pricing and that was where the discussion was firmly planted. It was not an angry rant, it was an observation by the OP that Sprint's data plans are not competitive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    I want to second an earlier post which apparently the mods removed, that there was no reason to move a reasonable discussion of Sprint tablet/data plan pricing to the rant section of the Sprint board. One of the functions of the board is to discuss current pricing and that was where the discussion was firmly planted. It was not an angry rant, it was an observation by the OP that Sprint's data plans are not competitive.
    It seems that any thread that speaks of Sprint in a negative light gets placed in the rant subforum.

Feedback Score

I received my iPad Pro LTE version and saw the various LTE data options available via the embedded sim. I thought, you know what, let me see what these guys are offering, just see, not sign up.

Guess what, unlike AT&T and T-Mobile, none of the Sprint options worked and required that I call their customer service. T-Mobile is offering a $10 for 5gb data bucket that can be used over 5 months, to get you to try them.

This is money in the bank for other carriers, just not for Sprint. As usual, nothing works and they couldn’t care less for my business. No way in hell am I going to chase them down to give them my money.