Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How important is Band 30?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    I was in the AT&T store last month asking about it and according to their information B30 is only deployed in a few markets. NYC, somewhere in NJ, 2 TX markets, maybe Boston or Minneapolis, and a few others. If B30 was everywhere the agent would have a difficult time finding where it is not deployed vs where it is deployed.
    Then that rep is mistaken, just glancing first few pages of the AT&T forum you see band 30 live in Cleveland, Chicago, Birmingham, San Fransisco.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpimp View Post
    Then that rep is mistaken, just glancing first few pages of the AT&T forum you see band 30 live in Cleveland, Chicago, Birmingham, San Fransisco.
    That's not everywhere, that is still just a few cities. If B30 is everywhere then there should just be a short list of places where it is not deployed. LTE, for example, is deployed nearly everywhere on AT&T 's network and you really have to look for places it is not deployed. B30 though? You have to look for places it is deployed.

To give you a different example, I could say you will pay property taxes everywhere in the USA and that would be a true statement; out of the 20K cities here there are only a few exceptions.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    That's not everywhere, that is still just a few cities. If B30 is everywhere then there should just be a short list of places where it is not deployed. LTE, for example, is deployed nearly everywhere on AT&T 's network and you really have to look for places it is not deployed. B30 though? You have to look for places it is deployed.

To give you a different example, I could say you will pay property taxes everywhere in the USA and that would be a true statement; out of the 20K cities here there are only a few exceptions.
    Of course it isn't everywhere nor will it be for a long time. They are deploying it where needed.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    LA also very wide with LTE B30 deployment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Of course it isn't everywhere nor will it be for a long time. They are deploying it where needed.
    That's my point, partially.

Post #18 claims B30 is deployed everywhere and post #25 claims we can't say it isn't deployed everywhere.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Post #18 claims B30 is deployed everywhere and post #25 claims we can't say it isn't deployed everywhere.
    What does it matter? Buy a band 30 phone unless you plan on keeping it 3 to 6 months. Done.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Have confirmation of band 30 radios going up in Monroeville, AL. Rural enough for you?

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Honestly at this point if I were buying a brand new device to use on AT&T I wouldn't buy one without B30. Id say it's pretty important. Maybe not yet but as it gets built out further it will become more so.
    Well then you have about 3 choices of handsets to choose from and they are all the most expensive models.

Hman

Feedback Score

No, I'm saying that AT&T owns B30 licenses across the US, so it is important to have. (For the future)
    Apple iPhone X

Verizon LTE B4+B2

AT&T LTE B2+B17

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    For me in rural America? Not very. Horrible range pretty much confines it to urban areas, and it would be useless in mountainous and heavily forested areas like Mendocino County. Macro sites and lots of low band, that makes us happy
    Who knows, you might see it.

I often visit rural areas up in Northern New England. AT&T is running 3 different LTE carriers. Two of them are high frequencies. B2 and B4.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd say it's very important. Without CA being drawn from, the phone tends to park on the higher frequencies, Bands 2 and 4. 12/17 comes into play more as signal weakens. So to have that 3rd frequency available to shift the load could make a big difference in overall performance.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, LG G6+, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier(VZ LTE)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy321 View Post
    Who knows, you might see it.

I often visit rural areas up in Northern New England. AT&T is running 3 different LTE carriers. Two of them are high frequencies. B2 and B4.
    You could be right, AT&T is running Band's 2 and 17 here, I have yet to see any Band 4 from them in Mendocino County, though they are running it to our south in Sonoma County.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't forget LTE B30 is being run 4x4 MIMO too so the signal is also more robust on both the down and uplink.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic50 View Post
    Don't forget LTE B30 is being run 4x4 MIMO too so the signal is also more robust on both the down and uplink.
    Wow good info, didn't know that.

Feedback Score
    Wow good info, didn't know that.
    Same. My experience in NYC with B30 has been great.

When I ported in Feb, OP, I made it by mission to own a B30 phone across all 5 lines. My sisters had the 6s from Sprint, which we all know lacks B30. So, when I ported, I got them AT&T's 6s and they haven't had any issues so far.

If you can do without the bigger screen, go for the smaller Pro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast