Thread: nTelos Update

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score

nTelos Update

nTelos was recently purchased to Shentel, which is a Sprint affiliate. In the next month or two, nTelos customers will begin receiving updates to allow their handset to work on the Sprint network permanently. Last I heard, you can keep your nTelos plan until the end of your contract. At that point, you will be forced into a Sprint plan, which after some research, average approximately $30 more per month.

Feedback Score
    I thought Ntelos and Sprint already ran on the same towers. How will this handset update change things? Also what's your opinion of this acquisition? I've always been pleased with Ntelos service and pricing in our area. I don't know anything about Shentel's reputation. I've never considered switching providers. May do so now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor Johannsen View Post
    I thought Ntelos and Sprint already ran on the same towers. How will this handset update change things? Also what's your opinion of this acquisition? I've always been pleased with Ntelos service and pricing in our area. I don't know anything about Shentel's reputation. I've never considered switching providers. May do so now.
    I use frawgwireless for mobile data. it has been the most mbs/$. I hate having to expect sprint's up-pricing. Ntelos had a network of its own towers in local spots. Shentel presumably will integrate those with its Sprint towers. Son has Boost Mobile and my Frawgwireless sometimes worked when his didn't.

Life is gift. Appreciate the Giver!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply. Our family went to AT&T from Ntelos. I did some research on Sprint and wanted nothing to do with them. Like I said, we were very pleased with Ntelos. Sad to see them go.