Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55

Thread: Damn do I ever hate Sprint

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,640
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Damn do I ever hate Sprint

    Exactly.

    Their BYOD policy for both their branded services and MVNOs should be something along the lines of: "If it is technically compatible, it's activated no questions asked. Thanks for wanting to give us money!"

    Hell, if I were Sprint, by now I'd have done 2 things:

    1. Fixed whatever backend authentication issues that prevents them from operating their SIM cards like Verizon does.

    2. Be direct mailing pre activated SIM cards out with 14 days of unlimited talk/text and 1GB of data for people to use in their unlocked iPhone 5 and higher or Verizon LTE phones to test drive their network.

    They need to be the most customer and handset friendly carrier and poach the hell out of Verizon's customers since their handsets are technically compatible and actually offer them a competitive rate. It shouldn't be hard, but it's almost like the WANT to go bankrupt.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Oh yeah? Who gives Apple the go ahead to change the unlock status of a given handset on their servers? That's right, the carrier.

    It's you who doesn't know what he's talking about.
    No, it is you who doesn't know what they are talking about. The carriers can only give an unlock request, they can't relock. Only Apple can relock.

    It was Apple who did this to you, not Sprint. You don't know what you are talking about. This is an Apple issue.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Their BYOD policy for both their branded services and MVNOs should be something along the lines of: "If it is technically compatible, it's activated no questions asked. Thanks for wanting to give us money!"
    The only Sprint phones that Sprint should allow on their MVNOs are those that were purchased full retail, on contract and the account is in good standing or were financed and the payments are up to date. The heavily subsidized Sprint prepaid, Boost and Virgin Mobile phones shouldn't be allowed on the MVNOs until they have been on their respective brands for long enough for Sprint to recoup the subsidy. 12 mos is too long, it should be more like 6 mos.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post

    1. Fixed whatever backend authentication issues that prevents them from operating their SIM cards like Verizon does.
    You really don't know what you are talking about, lol! This isn't a problem that Sprint needs to fix. It is a choice that Sprint made to purposefully do it this way.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    7,063
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Have you called Apple?

    I get that Sprint's unlock policy is horrible, but if you don't call Apple and get confirmation that it was Sprint, you can't really blame them for this mishap. iPhone unlock policy is a policy to itself because Apple has control of that as much as the carriers do.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Verizon LTE phones
    Again, you are clueless. The only Verizon 4G LTE phones that work on Sprint are iPhones and Verizon Nexus 6 and not even all of the iPhones do. I know the iPhone 6s/6s+ and SE do. No other Verizon phones work on Sprint but iPhones and Nexus 6.

    The Nexus 5X/6P and the Moto X Pure work on both Verizon and Sprint but those aren't Verizon branded phones.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Have you called Apple?

    I get that Sprint's unlock policy is horrible, but if you don't call Apple and get confirmation that it was Sprint, you can't really blame them for this mishap.
    The problem with him calling Apple is that his phone is out of warranty and they won't support it for free. The phone was released in 2011 for christ sake, it is pretty much a useless, 3G only phone, very out of date.

    All of this ranting over a 5 year old, 3G only phone, lol!! Some people are just ridiculously cheap.


    Sprint can't relock an iPhone, only Apple can. Once unlocked a phone stays unlocked unless Apple relocks it.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    7,063
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    The problem with him calling Apple is that his phone is out of warranty and they won't support it for free. The phone was released in 2011 for christ sake, it is pretty much a useless, 3G only phone, very out of date.

    All of this ranting over a 5 year old, 3G only phone, lol!! Some people are just ridiculously cheap.


    Sprint can't relock an iPhone, only Apple can. Once unlocked a phone stays unlocked unless Apple relocks it.
    There's still a decent chance they will unlock it even out of warranty. All he can do is give it a shot.

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    There's still a decent chance they will unlock it even out of warranty. All he can do is give it a shot.
    If he can get through to a rep - you have to type in the IMEI of the device to get through to a rep. They don't provide free phone support for out of warranty devices.

    The reps should be able to see the original unlock date in their records. I am not sure how they handle unlocking a phone that has been relocked though.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,400
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    The problem with him calling Apple is that his phone is out of warranty and they won't support it for free. The phone was released in 2011 for christ sake, it is pretty much a useless, 3G only phone, very out of date.

    All of this ranting over a 5 year old, 3G only phone, lol!! Some people are just ridiculously cheap.


    Sprint can't relock an iPhone, only Apple can. Once unlocked a phone stays unlocked unless Apple relocks it.
    The 4s - when on GSM... is still a perfectly viable device for an older person or someone who does not use much other than calls/text/calendar and occasional apps.

    The phone will still beat out most budget android phones for most tasks, and the '3G' speed on T-Mobile/AT&T is about 3x of what it ever could have been on Verizon/Sprint, and HSPA is generally un crowded anymore leaving the full 14Mbps available for download on the 4s.
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    6,400
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    So a CDMA 850/1900 device with Band 2 LTE isn't technically compatible with Sprint? That's ****ing news to me troll.
    While technically compatible it's going to work like crap, so no Sprint themselves usually wouldn't even support such a configuration.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,640
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I didn't say they should support it, but they should allow it. Does T-Mobile care if I use a GSM-1900 only phone with GPRS only? No.

    My point is that Sprint should be device agnostic like nearly every other carrier. Even on Verizon you can just put an already activated SIM in any technologically compatible phone and it will just work.

    Sprint has no excuse to be so draconian with their device policies, it only serves to drive more potential customers away and alienate existing customers.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chester, IL
    Posts
    7,063
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I didn't say they should support it, but they should allow it. Does T-Mobile care if I use a GSM-1900 only phone with GPRS only? No.

    My point is that Sprint should be device agnostic like nearly every other carrier. Even on Verizon you can just put an already activated SIM in any technologically compatible phone and it will just work.

    Sprint has no excuse to be so draconian with their device policies, it only serves to drive more potential customers away and alienate existing customers.
    Have you called Apple technical support at 1 (800)MY-APPLE and asked for an unlock request?

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    The phone will still beat out most budget android phones for most tasks
    Well I guess it just depends on what you mean by budget android. The Droid Mini was $108 brand new with full manufacturer warranty from Verizon until they sold out recently. It would kick the iPhone 4s's ***. Of course that is a Verizon only phone but even the Moto G 1st generation would beat out the iPhone 4s performance wise.

    Maybe the cheap chinese budget androids wouldn't but at least with the budget motorola androids, they beat the iPhone 4s no contest.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    The 4s - when on GSM... is still a perfectly viable device for an older person
    I definitely don't agree with this. Older people need the larger screens even more than younger people due to their failing eyesight, arthritis and shaking hands. Those tiny screens like the iPhone 4s has are terrible for older people.

    I bought my older relatives iPhone 6+ and Note series phones because they need the large screens. If you don't want to pay high prices for a large screen phone for an older person, a used LG G4 is a nice large screen phone at an affordable price.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hate Sprint Nextel.....Love the Centro! What to do?
    By smclean23 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 12:36 PM
  2. Will Nextel ever do Free & Fair like Sprint?
    By Fluid in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:38 PM
  3. Man do I ever hate it when...
    By emcee in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-15-2003, 11:39 AM
  4. I Hate Sprint
    By sprint lawsuit in forum Sprint
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2001, 10:30 AM
  5. I hate sprint, too, but lets get rich
    By h0z3r in forum Sprint
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2001, 11:34 PM

Bookmarks