Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Sprint, we tried but your process makes it impossible.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I just failed one last week because LexusNexus has incorrect info about where I lived in 2012 (totally wrong state too, so who knows what info they've got)

Also I am aparently on "Early Warning Systems" for someone's old Chase account (i've never had an account there, and that's actually where I was at opening a savings account hah) - The funny thing is she could not find anything in Chase's system indicating I should be listed in EWS, so they just over rode it and gave me some letter to send to EWS to get it "cleared up"
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    What an idiot. He could have run your application under the No Credit Check sub-type and put all 9's in under your social.
    The real problem is that we have to get a BYOD set up in the store. We could have done everything online and I could have helped her with questions about what cars we've owned and when. One problem was that they were asking about cars that were titled in both our names 20 years ago, some of which she never drove and may not have remembered. They also wanted her to call out her SSN over the phone where 10 bystanders could overhear it, after the salesguy had given her a slip of paper to write in on, for privacy. The whole system was FUBAR.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear it. Sadly, not surprised. I inquired about moving my Verizon line to Sprint with an iPhone 6S (unlocked) that I own. I did not request any form of ETF or phone re-payment. Still, Sprint denied me. They wanted to require me to buy a Sprint branded phone.

In my case it could of been lack of training on the part of the rep. I dealt with, or something worse. In the end, it really doesn't matter. They simply lack another customer. My wife's line is with Sprint (in my name), and she prefers no changes at this time. If one of these issues effects her directly, we'll be gone too. Marcelo strikes me as nothing short of a horses ***, so my hope for improvement is low.

Luckily, we all have other options.

Best,

-Dan
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tritron7 View Post
    Well sprint offers no credit check option. I have family line on no credit check http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...e-a4c44f9f8c39
    I think some phones are excluded from that. I went to a Sprint store last year to get a month of service, but they wanted my SSN and they told me my phone could only be placed on the $60 unlimited data plan. At the time $60 was the postpaid pricing for iPhones ($70 for all others), so I assumed that they were going to place me on a postpaid line because the price was the same. Nexus phones might have similar restrictions in place.

Of course, the guy might have lied to me too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    I think some phones are excluded from that. I went to a Sprint store last year to get a month of service, but they wanted my SSN and they told me my phone could only be placed on the $60 unlimited data plan. At the time $60 was the postpaid pricing for iPhones ($70 for all others), so I assumed that they were going to place me on a postpaid line because the price was the same. Nexus phones might have similar restrictions in place.

Of course, the guy might have lied to me too.
    He lied or is an idiot. I work at a Sprint store, and I can enter nine 9's in the social bracket when creating a new Sprint account if you're bringing your own device and I choose the No Credit Check account type. You can choose any of our offered plans.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    My purpose in starting this thread was not to ask what we could have done different, nor was it to trash this particular store. I simply wanted to relate our experience in trying to port a BYOD over to Sprint. It was difficult to find a specific time slot when both my wife and I could be there to attend to this, particularly as it needed to be within a few days of the end of the billing month for her current plan. Without going into medical details, there are reasons why you simply can't hand some people a telephone, in a store full of people testing audio equipment and misbehaving children, and then start quizzing them about cars they owned 20 years ago. Some people, even those with outstanding credit, will never be able to hear, understand and answer those questions.

Our (my) intent was to give Sprint a try, to see how well or poorly they worked for us. Unfortunately, they didn't even make it out of the starting gate. The only loss for us was about an hour of frustration. Sprint lost a potentially good customer. Before we got the Nexus 5X that line had been with CSpire for 24 years. We only changed it because CSpire refused to activate the phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sprint is really losing out on BYOD IMO anyways. I know I could walk into a Verizon or T-Mobile store with my iPhone 6s and sign up for service. Sprint doesn't seem to make that very easy even though I find their plans better than T-Mobile (I also get a larger discount on Sprint 24% vs 10%).

I also hate those questions, I'm only 30...I am sure in 15 years I won't remember my car loan from 2008 any longer either.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    Sprint iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Do you happen to have a "Fraud Alert" on your credit profiles?
    I intentionally do and that always triggers a call to verify credit
    related information.
    If you get a copy of your credit reports you can predict the majority of
    the questions the verifiers will ask.

Feedback Score
    This is exactly why Sprint needs to have a friendly BYOD policy. I don't think Marcelo gets it, customers don't want to be locked into contracts anymore, but he keeps pushing leases and 2-year agreements. They are losing many customers becuase they're still operating like its 2009. In my experience, Sprint reps are incredibly unenthusiastic about the company and only care about commissions. Many reps will add things like insurance even if you decline. I think Sprint needs a new CEO.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schmidtj View Post
    Do you happen to have a "Fraud Alert" on your credit profiles?
    I intentionally do and that always triggers a call to verify credit
    related information.
    If you get a copy of your credit reports you can predict the majority of
    the questions the verifiers will ask.
    I have a service that watches my credit. Because of a network security breach, it is paid for by a former employer. My wife does not have a credit monitoring service. After the fact, I considered that we should review her credit history. But as I mentioned, after this experience, it will be difficult to get her to return to a Sprint store and the only way to activate a BYOD is by going to the store (or so I've been informed).

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, and a Google Pixel 2 on the way
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This thread was pointless as the process you're complaining about is an identity theft deterrent. I'm sorry your wife couldn't answer those questions but don't hold that against Sprint. I would rather them be too thorough and help prevent people from having their identities stolen then not have any process in place to prevent identity theft. Getting mad over something like this is absurd and honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing it up. Utterly pathetic...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Royemunson View Post
    This thread was pointless as the process you're complaining about is an identity theft deterrent. I'm sorry your wife couldn't answer those questions but don't hold that against Sprint. I would rather them be too thorough and help prevent people from having their identities stolen then not have any process in place to prevent identity theft. Getting mad over something like this is absurd and honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing it up. Utterly pathetic...
    Oh come on. This is absurd. That's a dumb way to prevent identity theft. If Sprint wants to do something this extensive, install a tablet somewhere and have questions displayed visually with multiple choice answers. It's crazy to have to answer stuff like that over the phone.

Also the rep screwed up and didn't explain the non credit check options. Also why would the OP even need a credit check if they had a phone already. The only benefit of credit checks is device financing which wasn't really needed in this case since they came with a phone.

The issue isn't identity theft protections. The issue is how the process was handled. Sprint handed this extremely poorly. A customer's first impression with a company is everything and Sprint managed to create a poor impression right off the bat. Those are the customers that you not only never win back but they also proceed to tell others about their poor customer service experience (like this thread). And I'm inclined to agree with the OP. This was a poorly managed experience.

Also Sprint's BYOD experience as a whole isn't very good. Too many reps have no idea what they're doing when it comes to customers bringing in Nexus phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Royemunson View Post
    OP was doing BYOD, it wasn't needed for no-contract service. It's obvious the intention was to upsell them on a lease or tablet. They lost a customer and Sprint should be ashamed of thier negligence. Customer shaming is just inappropriate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    This is exactly why Sprint needs to have a friendly BYOD policy. I don't think Marcelo gets it, customers don't want to be locked into contracts anymore, but he keeps pushing leases and 2-year agreements. They are losing many customers becuase they're still operating like its 2009. In my experience, Sprint reps are incredibly unenthusiastic about the company and only care about commissions. Many reps will add things like insurance even if you decline. I think Sprint needs a new CEO.
    Sprint does have a friendly BYOD policy though - at least for a CDMA carrier. If you have a compatible device then you can bring it. I'm not aware of any exceptions anyway. Verizon, OTOH, won't let you bring anything except the newest/newer iPhones and Nexus phones.

At the same time, I do think Sprint should drop the in store requirement and make SIM/UCCID cards easier to get. There's no need for that.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Because it's postpaid service, that's why. The other 3 are no different.
    Because they own the Nexus outright, they would not be put on a postpaid account with Sprint. It would be a month to month option since Sprint is not going to lose anything on the phone anyway. It would cost more than signing up with Boost Mobile, but it would give better service and roaming options than what Boost would offer.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast