Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Sprint, we tried but your process makes it impossible.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Sorry Sprint, we tried but your process makes it impossible.

We went to the Sprint store today to port my wife's Nexus 5X over to Sprint. The store was fairly noisy with people testing audio equipment and little kids making a lot of noise. The salesguy, handed my wife, who has difficulty hearing in noisy environments, a phone where "Jessica" on the other end asked her a bunch of ID questions for the credit check. She was literally asking my wife detailed questions about cars we owned 20 years ago! Turns out she failed the test. (Credit's fine. Last years she got 100% financing at 1.4% on a $28K car. She just couldn't remember when she paid off the '92 Altima. Or that I had owned a Plymouth Champ at one time.) We both decided that the whole experience was very negative and we had no need for Sprint or reason to put up with such nonsense. I doubt I'd be able to get her to ever go back into a Sprint store.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Jesus Christ. Where are you going to go now? TMO?

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

Sorry Sprint, we tried but your process makes it impossible.

I have also had the experience of failing these tests based on my credit history and public records. My credit rating is quite good, but I couldn't remember historical trivia to authenticate myself.

Sigh, how is one supposed to remember all this trivia from years ago.
    Last edited by mch; 05-01-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    I don't know why you would need a credit check to take a phone that you already own and put it on Sprint. Sounds like they didn't want to put you on a month to month plan and was trying to see if they can upsell you into something different than what you wanted for a higher commission. My guess is if you chatted with someone at Sprint's website, they realize you can take that phone to any other carrier and they'd put you on a month to month plan instead of trying to get you to agree to a payment arrangement for a phone you don't want or need.

Feedback Score
    Credit verification is a pain, but you can't really fault Sprint if you didn't answer the questions correctly.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Credit verification is a pain, but you can't really fault Sprint if you didn't answer the questions correctly.
    The problem is that there's no legal requirement to keep financial information longer than 5 years, much less be able to answer questions about 20 year-old finances at the spur of the moment. We had no problems getting financing for a new car worth far, far more than a $32/mo wireless plan. If Sprint sets up barriers like this for every new customer, it's small wonder they're in trouble.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Jesus Christ. Where are you going to go now? TMO?
    Staying with Project Fi, for now.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It's partially their fault because she could hardly hear the questions and had to keep asking "Jessica" to repeat them because of all the background noise in the store.

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score
    I imagine it is hard to balance losses due to fraud against a percentage of legitimate buyers who will fail the verification test.

Device(s)
    LG G6, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    I don't know why you would need a credit check to take a phone that you already own and put it on Sprint.
    Because it's postpaid service, that's why. The other 3 are no different.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you have DirecTV, how about AT&T and their unlimited?

Also you could try and place the order's online, and if you need to contact their activations department you could try and escalate the call with Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    The problem is that there's no legal requirement to keep financial information longer than 5 years, much less be able to answer questions about 20 year-old finances at the spur of the moment. We had no problems getting financing for a new car worth far, far more than a $32/mo wireless plan. If Sprint sets up barriers like this for every new customer, it's small wonder they're in trouble.
    Odds are they are using some kind of public record service like Lexis Nexus that still has that old information. If they were pulling from a credit agency they would just be asking about stuff that is on your credit profile.

This isn't really Sprint's fault though. They just want to make sure that you are who you say you are and they don't usually have a way to select which verification items are presented. It's a pain, but all companies that extend credit do the same thing.

I say usually because I think I was able to get someone to either ask me a new question or accept multiple possible answers for a question.

Buying a car was surprisingly easy when I did it. I don't think I even answered a security question, but whenever I apply for a credit card or pull my credit report I have to answer some bizarre questions.

Device(s)
    HTC Mogul on SERO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I love those credit questions. They think I lived at places I never lived and other questions I can't answer. Prepaid FTW.

Feedback Score
    Well sprint offers no credit check option. I have family line on no credit check http://support.sprint.com/support/ar...e-a4c44f9f8c39

Feedback Score
    What an idiot. He could have run your application under the No Credit Check sub-type and put all 9's in under your social.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast