Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Sprint Haters take another Loss... S is profitable again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It would be nice if there were an independent 3rd party reporting on changes in LTE coverage. As it is, the best I know of is CellMapper's date filter. Since CellMapper depends on a relatively small number of volunteers, it can't reliably show where service isn't or wasn't, only where someone has seen it.
    Agreed. But this doesn't negate Sprint's plans of covering 298 million POPs via the RRPP (notably via U.S. Cellular). And this is precisely what they've done, only once again way off schedule.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    So the link you just posted shows T-Mobile includes partner roaming..

And no it's not the other way around, you are just making biased accusations without anything to back it up.
    Please don't feed the trolls. This thread will soon be overran by people who worship, or allegedly work for, T-Mobile spewing how T-Mobile is the greatest thing since sliced bread, how Sprint is going to go out of business and what ever other propaganda they are told to post online in Sprint communities, threads and articles.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Im hoping sprint does well. I'll prob pick up a sprint prepaid soon. I've got the other 3 carriers in one way or another, might as well have all of the big 4.
    Sent from my RM-1073_1004 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Im hoping sprint does well. I'll prob pick up a sprint prepaid soon. I've got the other 3 carriers in one way or another, might as well have all of the big 4.
    Sent from my RM-1073_1004 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    It's good to have all four to test out every now and then.

Wireless networks are always changing. Too bad perceptions of said networks don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    It's good to have all four to test out every now and then.

Wireless networks are always changing. Too bad perceptions of said networks don't.
    Simply not true. T-Mobile was on the verge of bankruptcy and no one liked their brand image just a few years ago.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wow, to go through this - they start off still focusing solely on postpaid and Sprint needs more than this going forward. A whopping 22,000 postpaid adds in a full quarter. That's a statistical anomaly for all intent's and purposes when you're talking about 10s of millions of subs.

Also, I know Sprint doesn't like this, but they aren't VZW and having this postpaid only mentality is goofy. There's a prepaid war going on between Tmo and ATT's brands. Sprint lost millions of prepaid because they've literally just left Boost and Virgin to rot. I don't know how hard it is for them, but retaining a customer (even a prepaid one) is much better than trying to regain a customer elsewhere. Oh well, great for ATT and/or Tmo.

Next they talk about their sale-lease back whatever of Spectrum (unheard of by any of the carriers until now and a sign of desperation). They've also taken leased phones off their books. They've done so many sales, leases, buy-backs, bonds, loans, etc. I cannot even keep track of Sprint's general fiscal health - although my mind says - bad. How long can they fuel all these last ditch financial attempts? I do hope it buys them time to turn around, but I felt like we've been down this path with Sprint before.

Holy lord - next up are those bonds Sprint owes. The interest rates make me cringe - is this the 1980s?! Clearwire has some at a whopping 14.75% - if I thought Sprint would pay up, I'd have bought some of those, but alas that's why they're at such a rate. Most of that debt is at well over 6% interest - I just cannot with Sprint.

Sprint needs to focus on the network network network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    Wow, to go through this - they start off still focusing solely on postpaid and Sprint needs more than this going forward. A whopping 22,000 postpaid adds in a full quarter. That's a statistical anomaly for all intent's and purposes when you're talking about 10s of millions of subs.
    Agreed. -$544 million is a lot of money to secure 22,000 subs. in a whopping three (3) months...

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score

Also, I know Sprint doesn't like this, but they aren't VZW and having this postpaid only mentality is goofy. There's a prepaid war going on between Tmo and ATT's brands. Sprint lost millions of prepaid because they've literally just left Boost and Virgin to rot. I don't know how hard it is for them, but retaining a customer (even a prepaid one) is much better than trying to regain a customer elsewhere. Oh well, great for ATT and/or Tmo.
    Sprint's prepaid has needed a relaunch for a while. I've said this for years and years. Fortunately, Marcelo mentioned a relaunch of prepaid brands upcoming in the conference call.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_33 View Post
    Perhaps Sprint doesn't have plenty of customers in New Orleans. I recall that is AT&T and Verizon country.
    Actually they did have a very high percentage of customer share in New Orleans at one time.

Feedback Score

Next they talk about their sale-lease back whatever of Spectrum (unheard of by any of the carriers until now and a sign of desperation). They've also taken leased phones off their books. They've done so many sales, leases, buy-backs, bonds, loans, etc. I cannot even keep track of Sprint's general fiscal health - although my mind says - bad. How long can they fuel all these last ditch financial attempts? I do hope it buys them time to turn around, but I felt like we've been down this path with Sprint before.

Holy lord - next up are those bonds Sprint owes. The interest rates make me cringe - is this the 1980s?! Clearwire has some at a whopping 14.75% - if I thought Sprint would pay up, I'd have bought some of those, but alas that's why they're at such a rate. Most of that debt is at well over 6% interest - I just cannot with Sprint.

Sprint needs to focus on the network network network.
    They have a plan regarding the prepaid brand. All those phones from galaxy forever and iPhone 4life plans coming back to sprint will be refurbished and sold on the prepaid brands.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Sprint's prepaid has needed a relaunch for a while. I've said this for years and years. Fortunately, Marcelo mentioned a relaunch of prepaid brands upcoming in the conference call.
    I'm glad to hear that they will do something about prepaid soon. It's already bad enough that there are many good unlocked phones that are getting lower and lower in price, but you can't use them on Boost or Virgin because of Sprint's policies and network. With a smallest network and phone selection of the major prepaid carriers, Boost has to beat the competition, not match them. And for the life of me, I still don't get why Sprint won't allow Nexus phones or unlocked iPhones onto prepaid.

I know Sprint wants to focus on prepaid to try and convert prepaid subs into postpaid subs, which I believe is a sound strategy, but they have to offer better deals get people to switch over to postpaid. I got offered $65 a month for a GS6 and a plan that had unlimited 2G data and 1 GB of full speed data. While I can get by on less than half a gig a month thanks to WiFi, that deal wasn't an appealing deal. If they will offer more attractive plans, or look for discounts for prepaid subs that want to switch over, they can be more successful at converting people and keeping them on the network.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Precisely.

No go back to my original statement, the one you quoted, and realize what you just did.

No, it absolutely is.

They are claiming 300 million POPs of "Total LTE coverage" (their words, not mine). It is a fact that Sprint has not expanded its native network. If anything, it has regressed.

But since I feel like providing you a helping hand, this all goes back to my comment that you quoted and improperly addressed: I don't understand why it's so hard for Sprint to be transparent.

EDIT: I will add the following snippet from Verizon's Better Matters page under the "Speed" landing:
    Again, please provide a specific factual source to backup your accusations.

Obviously you cannot. So to you, Bye Felicia.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. -$544 million is a lot of money to secure 22,000 subs. in a whopping three (3) months...
    I won't be completely negative, sometimes ad budgets and such do help retain current customers. They may say whoa, I already have the best deal since I just re-saw the plan I have on TV. If anything, it helps keep brand identity and loyalty in some set of customers I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by fraydog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_33 View Post
    They have a plan regarding the prepaid brand. All those phones from galaxy forever and iPhone 4life plans coming back to sprint will be refurbished and sold on the prepaid brands.
    It's been years since Virgin or Boost had anything really happen. A plan to sell phones isn't a plan to get more customers. They've basically stopped the ad budget for prepaid. Do any investors, board members, stock holders, anyone involved ask about this? Hey - you used to have two rockin' prepaid brands - what gives?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    Again, please provide a specific factual source to backup your accusations.

Obviously you cannot.
    I don't owe you anything. I am refuting Sprint's claim of "total LTE coverage," which includes roaming per their previous statements and current statements as it relates to issues with site permits. I cannot help you if you're incapable of comprehending and processing the evidence I have already presented.

But this is absolutely besides the point and I will ask you once again to reread my post that you clearly did not comprehend. Hint: it is about transparency.

So to you, Bye Felicia.
    I'm not sure what "Felicia" has to do with this but hopefully you plan on sticking to your statement as it relates to her.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17 View Post
    Its another Dark Day in Earnings report for the Sprint (When will S finally fail) Haters Club ... Sprint actually turned profitable this Q. Love how the forum is quiet as a mouse.
    I have difficulty reading and deciphering the meaning of this press release. I don't see the word "profit" anywhere but do see, "For the full year, net loss was approximately $2 billion" I do see "loss" mentioned frequently.
    Donald Newcomb

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast