Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Sprint Haters take another Loss... S is profitable again.

Feedback Score
    I would love to see Sprint profitable and more successful. I was a loyal customer for over 12+ years, and brought my family and friends to Sprint during those years. Unfortunately I couldn't take the poor network any more and left for Cricket. I still have my cheapie RingPlus lines that I use my Sprint phones on, but those lines are lightly used since the service is not good.

I wish Sprint would fix their policies around phones - mating SIM cards permanently to each phone, which is a pain in the butt. Verizon is more like ATT / T-mobile now that you can take your SIM and stick it in another phone and it will work. Verizon's phones also are unlocked out of the box, making their phones more valuable in the market place.

Sprint needs to unlock their phones, and use SIM card centric strategy to make the network palatable and friendly to consumers. I will never go back to Sprint with the crippled devices and frustrating phone switching experience.

Sprint's below-average network, crippled phones, lack of VoLTE, lack of simultaneous data / voice, lack of flexible SIM card phone exchanges, make it the least attractive carrier to use. Until these things improve, there's no way I'll be trapped back with Sprint again.

I don't see the future of Sprint improving much, now that they need to cut spending aggressively to pay debt and not lose too much money. Not sure how Sprint is going to get out of this messy situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    ARPU is one measurement - come on now folks. I mean, by the same logic, since Sprint's is roughly equal to VZW's - they're equal companies, right?
    Thank you.

Sprint is severely cutting spending on its network when it was finally getting good. 2.5 GHz was on more towers, 800 SMR seems to be helping their dropped areas. Speeds are so-so (either very fast due to 2.5 or dreadful if you aren't in reach). They have vacant towers they could be using, but with a drop in spending, that's a pipe dream.
    Exactly. 2xCA was popping up and helping their scores but now they want to lower CAPEX? I find this odd indeed.

I guess in neutral news, they've stopped bleeding customers. But, that has to eventually stop unless everyone leaves - a company only has so much blood to lose. 22,000 customer adds is practically zero by any accounting.
    Agreed. Not to mention that 50% off has been in effect since December 2014. It's not as effective as Marcelo Claure stated. If it was, we would have seen Sprint bring in 877,000 new postpaid phones subs., not 22,000.

But we also cannot forget the price it took to bring in these subs.: $0.5 billion loss in 3 months and 50% off service. Not to mention that their prices will double in two years. I'm sure those customers will be thrilled at the bill shock.

You cannot discount your way to growth while still screwing customers over. This will leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I would love to see Sprint profitable and more successful. I was a loyal customer for over 12+ years, and brought my family and friends to Sprint during those years. Unfortunately I couldn't take the poor network any more and left for Cricket. I still have my cheapie RingPlus lines that I use my Sprint phones on, but those lines are lightly used since the service is not good.

I wish Sprint would fix their policies around phones - mating SIM cards permanently to each phone, which is a pain in the butt. Verizon is more like ATT / T-mobile now that you can take your SIM and stick it in another phone and it will work. Verizon's phones also are unlocked out of the box, making their phones more valuable in the market place.

Sprint needs to unlock their phones, and use SIM card centric strategy to make the network palatable and friendly to consumers. I will never go back to Sprint with the crippled devices and frustrating phone switching experience.

Sprint's below-average network, crippled phones, lack of VoLTE, lack of simultaneous data / voice, lack of flexible SIM card phone exchanges, make it the least attractive carrier to use. Until these things improve, there's no way I'll be trapped back with Sprint again.

I don't see the future of Sprint improving much, now that they need to cut spending aggressively to pay debt and not lose too much money. Not sure how Sprint is going to get out of this messy situation.
    I think they're afraid of the risk. But it's odd at this point as the path has already been paved. Someone already took that risk and it's paying off quite handsomely.

I think Sprint forgets that they have customers. If you give customers what they want, they'll flock to you and stick around.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I think the half off is kind of lame since the phone phone payment cancels it out. Has sprint gotten better with byod?
    Sent from my phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Has sprint gotten better with byod?
    Sent from my phone
    Short answer, no.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    I think they're afraid of the risk. But it's odd at this point as the path has already been paved. Someone already took that risk and it's paying off quite handsomely.

I think Sprint forgets that they have customers. If you give customers what they want, they'll flock to you and stick around.
    Lowering the CAPEX is a huge mistake especially when you are supposed turning the ship around. The whole permits excuse is nonsense.

Dense your freaking network, launch VOLTE, stop the incarceration of phones and SIM cards. Do those things and watch how Postpaid and prepaid customers start to grow more than 500k per quarter.

50% off is basically a failure. What an idiotic move spending about a billions on promotions just to get 22k phone customers.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't call people with constructive criticism "haters". That would be the first lesson I would suggest for the original poster of this thread.

Second point: Sprint has to find new innovations to drive their service. Merely competing on price hasn't done enough to move their bottom line.

At this point, I'm looking at S as a stock and as an investor would. Fair disclosure, I hold no position in S and I don't plan to start one either long or short.

That said, the reduction in CapEx and debt should trouble anyone. The debt levels are nothing new.

Maybe Sprint is getting better when it comes to churn and network experience, but none of it matters if liquidity is an issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fraydog; 05-05-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I totally agree. Easing their polices about allowed devices, is something that is easily implemented and doesn't cost them anything. If the device is compatible with their network (and not blacklisted), they should allow it on. I tried to get Sprint service on two separate occasions and they rejected my devices. Forced to choose between buying an iPad in Sprint's MEID database or in Verizon's, guess who lost.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC_33 View Post
    Lowering the CAPEX is a huge mistake especially when you are supposed turning the ship around. The whole permits excuse is nonsense.

Dense your freaking network, launch VOLTE, stop the incarceration of phones and SIM cards. Do those things and watch how Postpaid and prepaid customers start to grow more than 500k per quarter.

50% off is basically a failure. What an idiotic move spending about a billions on promotions just to get 22k phone customers.
    Well stated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian Cortez View Post
    Not to mention that their prices will double in two years.
    That's only true for those who jumped on the 50% off bandwagon on or after November 20, 2015. Prior to that, we were promised that it would continue as long as we don't change the plan or purchase a subsidized, leased or financed phone through Sprint.

Feedback Score
    I had hope with the new Sprint board/ownership, but it seems the same practices still linger. T-Mobile's growth isn't just from marketing, it's from the network performance as well. Sprint underestimates word of mouth advertising, which is essentially free.

Feedback Score
    Not sure why people get into arguments here with the tmobile fans. Cmon. Most are prepaid users with mediocre credit who can't get approved on any other carrier. So of course they love tmobile. Otherwise they'd be straight talk users. Consider the source sometimes. That's why tmobiles future is as shaky as sprints to be honest. Tmobile may be the only company in the history of the world that released a positive earnings statement and their stock dropped in value that day. If someone can name one stand alone carrier that has survived catering to prepaid or low credit customers I'd love to hear it. All tmobile is doing is loading up on prepaid users and subpar credit customers so their numbers look better and they can sell off at a higher price and dump those problems on someone else.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio102 View Post
    .......If someone can name one stand alone carrier that has survived catering to prepaid or low credit customers I'd love to hear it.........
    Just about every carrier in Europe and Africa.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Just about every carrier in Europe and Africa.
    Well snails are huge business in other countries to really has zero to do with u.s. business. If I posted that question to Europe and African consumers then maybe the point would be valid.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorio102 View Post
    Tmobile may be the only company in the history of the world that released a positive earnings statement and their stock dropped in value that day.
    This comment is so absurd on its face that I cannot believe that anyone would ever make such a statement.

You sure you don't want to rethink this one?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast