Thread: Another brand refresh..

Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My first reaction to this was ROTFLMAO. Then I feel very sad for Virgin Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Since my husband insists on staying with Virgin Mobile no matter what, I'll be interested to see what this latest refresh will bring. Already I'm encouraged by the recent addition of some mid-range devices to the line up.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    The history between Sprint and Virgin has been:

Sprint buys the rights to the Virgin Mobile name for the U.S.
    Sprint gets rid of Virgin Mobile.
    Sprint buys back Virgin Mobile and sells it along side Boost Mobile.
    Sprint tries to revamp Virgin Mobile with plans that are more focused on data, but have worse deals than Boost Mobile.
    Sprint tries to start a fake celebrity couple for Virgin Mobile that fails, and then tries to open Virgin Mobile branded stores.
    Sprint pulls Virgin Mobile out of the Boost stores.
    Sprint offers Walmart exclusive Virgin Mobile plans, but some Walmart stores wouldn't activate them.

Now we are about to see another refresh of Virgin Mobile. Unless they want to have Boost be for family plans and Virgin be for individual plans, I'm not sure what else they can do to the brand to revive the interest they killed in it. They can offer Project Fi type billing for customers and the ability to bring over any Sprint phone, but I doubt they would try something like that. Virgin is in a different position from any other prepaid company since Sprint has to pay yearly fees to be able to use the name. When people went to record stores and people dreamed of going to Time Square to shop and the Virgin Mega Store, the name meant a lot. Now, it doesn't mean as much, and Sprint has not done much to add more value to the name. I hope Virgin does well, if for nothing else, for the sake of the people who work for the company. But I'm not sure how many more brand refreshes Virgin has left in it before Sprint feels that it's a waste of money to them.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (PREPAID Wireless...: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.33553/37.8433; U; en) Presto/2.12.423 Version/12.16)

Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless
    The history between Sprint and Virgin has been:

Sprint buys the rights to the Virgin Mobile name for the U.S.
    Sprint gets rid of Virgin Mobile.
    Sprint buys back Virgin Mobile and sells it along side Boost Mobile.
    Sprint tries to revamp Virgin Mobile with plans that are more focused on data, but have worse deals than Boost Mobile.
    Sprint tries to start a fake celebrity couple for Virgin Mobile that fails, and then tries to open Virgin Mobile branded stores.
    Sprint pulls Virgin Mobile out of the Boost stores.
    Sprint offers Walmart exclusive Virgin Mobile plans, but some Walmart stores wouldn't activate them.

Now we are about to see another refresh of Virgin Mobile. Unless they want to have Boost be for family plans and Virgin be for individual plans, I'm not sure what else they can do to the brand to revive the interest they killed in it. They can offer Project Fi type billing for customers and the ability to bring over any Sprint phone, but I doubt they would try something like that. Virgin is in a different position from any other prepaid company since Sprint has to pay yearly fees to be able to use the name. When people went to record stores and people dreamed of going to Time Square to shop and the Virgin Mega Store, the name meant a lot. Now, it doesn't mean as much, and Sprint has not done much to add more value to the name. I hope Virgin does well, if for nothing else, for the sake of the people who work for the company. But I'm not sure how many more brand refreshes Virgin has left in it before Sprint feels that it's a waste of money to them.
    Sprint only purchased the name after a rather large Major RED Carrier was in talks to purchase the US rights for their use, since they do not have a separate prepaid brand of their own. Sprint should do as you want and dissolve the agreement, then watch from the sidelines as a new partnership develops and dominates on Americas largest wireless network.
    Last edited by vmobi; 05-25-2016 at 04:59 AM.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A first step in the brand refresh: the horrible plans/exclusive phones being offered at Walmart are being discontinued. The Data Done Right plan descriptions have been removed from their website, and once of the representatives confirmed it on Facebook.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    For what it's worth, DDR phones are still available at Walmart dot com:

Virgin Mobile Shop all No-Contract Phones - Walmart.com

Data Sharing Done Right - Walmart.com
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    For what it's worth, DDR phones are still available at Walmart dot com:

Virgin Mobile Shop all No-Contract Phones - Walmart.com

Data Sharing Done Right - Walmart.com
    Trust Walmart to keep selling the phones even as they quit selling the service. It looks like they won't even allow existing customers to swap to new phones any more (picture courtesy of a fellow Facebook user)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Data done wrong? Lol

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aml1025 View Post
    Trust Walmart to keep selling the phones even as they quit selling the service. It looks like they won't even allow existing customers to swap to new phones any more (picture courtesy of a fellow Facebook user)
    Well now I am not going to Virgin anytime soon. I just signed up for Straight Talk Verizon since ST's brand new iPhone 5s is now $150 at Walmart.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wow... Seriously $30 for Unlimited Everything... That would light Prepaid Wireless fires once again...