Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Removing International Calling Restriction on Bell

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about removing the international calling restriction on my account. I called customer service and they had me call another telephone number in order to get the restriction removed.

When I called that number, I spoke with an agent who stated that I would either need to put a $300 credit limit on my account in order to remove the restriction or put up a $200 deposit since my account is less than 1 year old. This seems kind of ridiculous just to unblock international calling.

Anyone know if there's any way around this?

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    You were given the correct process from the correct team. Unfortunately there are no other options regarding this.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks.

Seems kind of weird though. They don't make you do this to roam in other countries, and doing so could potentially add up to significantly larger charges than you could ever incur for making international calls.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    The second number (which is corporate security) has final say for things like that
    Their policies are often arbitrary though and I have my doubts if they even answer to anyone after hearing some of the things they tell customers

Just for laughs you should ask them why US roaming is unblocked (which could run your bill into the thousands once you click ok) yet there is some magic difference to call overseas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BBuser90 View Post
    Thanks.

Seems kind of weird though. They don't make you do this to roam in other countries, and doing so could potentially add up to significantly larger charges than you could ever incur for making international calls.
    So why you don't want to pay a security deposit of $200.00 then?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...