Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon 30minutes loyalty UDP

Feedback Score
    Can this use for iPad ? Is Verizon ok with that?

Feedback Score
    Verizon doesn't really have an option in the matter due to 700C block regs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bonniey View Post
    Can this use for iPad ? Is Verizon ok with that?
    Yes, however keep in mind that you would need to activate it on a smartphone line first then swap sims to the ipad

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thank you. D.Pham00

Feedback Score
    Thank you sk1sdr.

Feedback Score
    One more question: can hotspot be turned on at iPad ? Thank you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bonniey View Post
    One more question: can hotspot be turned on at iPad ? Thank you.
    Not without paying the $30 hot spot charge per month. Or turn it off and on as needed and pay the prorated amount per day.

Feedback Score
    Understood, thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedis View Post
    Not without paying the $30 hot spot charge per month. Or turn it off and on as needed and pay the prorated amount per day.
    Nonsense. The iPad tethering/hotspot can be enabled without the hotspot plan feature, just as tethering is possible in a jetpack without paying for the feature surcharge. You do need to pay for the hotspot feature in an iPhone if you haven't jailbroken it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by publicjesse View Post
    Nonsense. The iPad tethering/hotspot can be enabled without the hotspot plan feature, just as tethering is possible in a jetpack without paying for the feature surcharge. You do need to pay for the hotspot feature in an iPhone if you haven't jailbroken it.
    The hotspot feature is locked behind the Carrier settings file on an iDevice. A jailbreak hasn't been available for 6+ months so that's a moot point. That file cannot be edited or modified without being jailbroken. And he asked about an iPad, not a jetpack.

Feedback Score
    The hotspot feature is locked behind the Carrier settings file on an iDevice. A jailbreak hasn't been available for 6+ months so that's a moot point. That file cannot be edited or modified without being jailbroken. And he asked about an iPad, not a jetpack.
    What I stated is all accurate and the reply I wrote addresses the iPad as it is both similar and different from other devices, and gives the OP additional information they will probably end up wanting. Since I apparently need to explain it again for you Jedis, and to clarify for OP: iPad, jetpack, usb modem, and router w/embedded modem all tether/hotspot without requiring the hotspot surcharge. If you believe an iPad requires the surcharge for UDP tether/hotspot, you do not know what you are talking about. An iPhone does require surcharge, assuming that iPhone is not jailbroken. It is possible to have an iPhone that is still jailbroken, not everyone feels the need to immediately update their OS, so the question of jailbroken status is very much not moot. I have specifically not addressed Android options.

Feedback Score
    I just confirmed by putting my UDP SIM from my MiFi into an unjailbroken iPad running 9.3.1 - I can tether fine with the SIM in the MiFi but with the iPad, I can turn on Personal Hotspot and devices can connect to the iPad but they cannot access the internet while tethered to the unjailbroken iPad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by publicjesse View Post
    Since I apparently need to explain it again for you Jedis, and to clarify for OP: iPad, jetpack, usb modem, and router w/embedded modem all tether/hotspot without requiring the hotspot surcharge.
    It doesn't work on my unjailbroken iPad running 9.3.1. I put my UDP SIM into it and I can turn on the personal hotspot, devices can connect to the iPad but they can't access the internet.

Maybe in earlier versions of iOS this wasn't true but now it is?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon 30minutes loyalty UDP

Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    I just confirmed by putting my UDP SIM from my MiFi into an unjailbroken iPad running 9.3.1 - I can tether fine with the SIM in the MiFi but with the iPad, I can turn on Personal Hotspot and devices can connect to the iPad but they cannot access the internet while tethered to the unjailbroken iPad.
    Thanks for confirming what I posted above. It won't work without Carrier crack and a jailbroken device or the tethering feature enabled on the line with the iPad SIM.

Some people's (not yours) "holier than thou' attitude is ridiculous around here.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for confirming what I posted above. It won't work without Carrier crack and a jailbroken device or the tethering feature enabled on the line with the iPad SIM.
    Perhaps this is new in iOS 9? I think I recall reading in the past you could use an iPad with a UDP SIM and WiFi tether for free on Verizon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast