Thread: Need to Unlock Verizon Prepaid to use on PagePlus but phone may be locked for 1st yr

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Tracfone)
    Feedback Score

Need to Unlock Verizon Prepaid to use on PagePlus but phone may be locked for 1st yr

From what I understand by googling, "Verizon’s Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box devices are locked to the carrier for the first 12 months after activation (the exception is for customers who are deployed military personnel)."

My niece bought a Verizon prepaid for to use temporarily and only bought it about a month ago. She is done with the phone and will never use it again with Verizon as a prepaid or contracted phone. So now we want to use that phone on a PagePlus prepaid account we started for her father. When we tried to change ESNs with customer service, they said that the phone is locked by Verizon. Is there any way around this one year lock by Verizon? Unfortunately she is not deployed military!!! (Not that it will matter at all, but her grandfather is retired military.)

Feedback Score
    I don't think there's anyway around the lock. But I'm surprised to hear about a one year lock. 3G Verizon Prepaid phones are locked until 6 months of continuous Verizon Prepaid service. LTE Verizon Prepaid phones only require one month of service.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If it is a Verizon 3g phone you can put it in the drawer for a few months and then activate it on Page Plus.

It does not require 6 months of continuous service. One month of service on Verizon and 5 or 6 months in the drawer will work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleAndy View Post
    If it is a Verizon 3g phone you can put it in the drawer for a few months and then activate it on Page Plus.

It does not require 6 months of continuous service. One month of service on Verizon and 5 or 6 months in the drawer will work.
    Page Plus still can't activate my 2.5 year old original Moto G bought as a Verizon Prepaid phone. I was active on Verizon Prepapid for 2-3 months when I first bought it.