Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Results 1,276 to 1,284 of 1284

Thread: T-Mobile Tuesdays & Stock Up---Post experiences here

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Only thing I'm using is my FR code. Sucky kind of Tuesday.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This week is looking better. 3 months of Pandora premium, some free photo prints, and BK's new vegan Impossible Whoppers.

My three vegetarian kids will be thrilled about the Whoppers. The dog will be disappointed, however... (He ate several of our T-Mo Tuesday beef Whoppers with me two weeks ago since my wife and kids wouldn't eat them, and I hit my junk food threshold...)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    This week is looking better. 3 months of Pandora premium, some free photo prints, and BK's new vegan Impossible Whoppers.
    Where's the beef? I wouldn't install the BK app for a real Whopper. I don't plan to do so for a vegan one. As for the Pandora offer, "After 3 months, subscription automatically renews at $9.99/mo. unless you cancel service at least 24 hours in advance." It's another PITA. We might use the Walmart photo codes. I didn't even enter the contest because they make you watch the movie trailer to enter.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Where's the beef? I wouldn't install the BK app for a real Whopper. I don't plan to do so for a vegan one. As for the Pandora offer, "After 3 months, subscription automatically renews at $9.99/mo. unless you cancel service at least 24 hours in advance." It's another PITA. We might use the Walmart photo codes. I didn't even enter the contest because they make you watch the movie trailer to enter.
    Fair enough

I'm already a Google Play Music family plan subscriber, so I'm not sure what Pandora Premium would get me other than another redundant app to deal with (I confused it with the ad-free Pandora Plus T-Mo gave us last year- that one I used, because it didn't auto-renew.)

I have no trouble installing an app for a promo then uninstalling it after if the promo is worth it. I haven't bothered for free $0.99 tacos, but for a free $5 "burger" I will. I know my son will, because he went vegetarian two years ago for moral and ecological reasons and still misses meat every single day- he loves these new fake meats from Impossible and Beyond.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ......I have no trouble installing an app for a promo then uninstalling it after if the promo is worth it. .....
    I've considered trying to install the apps on an old device that's been cleared to use only for this sort of stuff but I'm pretty careful about which apps I'll install on my phone. You never know what the app might be hoovering up in the background. They all seem to want rather expansive access to your device in order to work.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, it appears the Pandora offer doesn't work if you used the previous T-Mobile Pandora offer, that expired last month or so.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've considered trying to install the apps on an old device that's been cleared to use only for this sort of stuff but I'm pretty careful about which apps I'll install on my phone. You never know what the app might be hoovering up in the background. They all seem to want rather expansive access to your device in order to work.
    Sometimes that access seems more unreasonable than it is, because of how Android is setup. For example asking for access to contacts seems unreasonable, but of the app allows you to sign in automatically with your Google acct (rather than setting up a separate acct with email) or pay with Google Pay, access to contacts is required. (The McDonald's app does this.)

Android either needs to have more nuanced levels of device access for developers, or better explain why certain types of access is needed. (For example, any app that needs to write files to your device that can be accessed by other apps is forced to ask for access to your "photos" because access to the file system includes access to photos.) Any app that accesses DRM'd content and needs to be able to use your device's unique ID to track what devices are authorized (e.g. Netflix) must request access to "phone calls" because that's the module that holds the device identifier.

Maybe I'm naive, but I just assume "legitimate" companies like Netflix, Burger King or Walmart have very little need to access my phone records or vacation photos and upload them to HQ and wouldn't want to have to explain why their apps harvested that info if it was discovered they had.

But having said that, I felt a lot more comfortable wrt privacy when I was still using Windows Phone rather than Android!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    A number of complained on the TM Community board that we couldn't even DL the BK app.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Looks like another pretty pathetic Tuesday upcoming. It's becoming exactly what JL said it wouldn't be. Useless pennies off overpriced merch. No better than what you could clip out of sale flyers.

https://youtu.be/v83bvwaHM18
    https://youtu.be/-kuoToqdc2E?t=341
    Last edited by DRNewcomb; 09-28-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86